2021 Texas Rangers

CowtownHorn

Evan has an article up saying Joey has told Boras he wants to start get it done.  

Paraphrasing Joey said I've talk to JD and CY and told them the same, I've done everything but write my own contract?

Flip him or sign him surly?

I say sign him and just live with the streakiness.  I think.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Evan has an article up saying Joey has told Boras he wants to start get it done.  

Paraphrasing Joey said I've talk to JD and CY and told them the same, I've done everything but write my own contract?

Flip him or sign him surly?

I say sign him and just live with the streakiness.  I think.

Put me in the sign him camp. I mean, we created all that salary space for shit like this right?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/7/2021 at 11:16 AM, Don Johnson said:

Most of the mocks have Leiter going to Texas at #2.  Hope so.  Closest to a sure thing in the draft.  

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-mock-draft-top-10-picks-july-7-2021?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage

I'll throw up if they take a HS player. Seems they never work out with the Rangers.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/7/2021 at 12:16 PM, Don Johnson said:

Most of the mocks have Leiter going to Texas at #2.  Hope so.  Closest to a sure thing in the draft.  

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-mock-draft-top-10-picks-july-7-2021?t=mlb-pipeline-coverage

The Athletic’s today had them going with Rocker. The latter concerns me a bit due to his ups and downs this year, but I’ll take either over any of the HS players in this draft. Last thing we need to do after whiffing on so many first round picks recently (though Jung looks solid) is get too fucking cute. Just take Leiter and don’t outsmart yourself….

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

That was Keith Law, his entire goal is to be the contrarian whenever possible. 

True; still I’d rather roll the dice on Rocker than any high school guy in this draft, especially considering the state of the farm…

I'd headed to the new ballpark tomorrow for the first time and taking my boys (8 and 6). Anything we should make sure to see/avoid while we're over there?

Shared this with another group and they didn’t say my advice sucked so here you go.

We like to go when doors open. Walk around and get the eating out of the way before the game. It’s worth just walking everywhere you can in there because there’s a good amount of stuff to see, but I’m a stadium nerd who likes doing so. Top level CF has a small play area and bobbleheads to burn some energy off. Third base/LF corner on second level has Blue Bell stand. Also down there is a grab n go store. It’s literally like walking in a QT. Buy your parking ahead of time and everything there is cashless.

I want to say gates open 1.5hr before day game and 2hr before night game. You can verify on the innanet.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Forgot add there are plenty of bars/beer stands in the concourse areas and I’m pretty sure still no vendors in the seats. Boomsticks are in RC field. That area gets really busy. So I wouldn’t stand there long with the kids.

If you are a cash person you still have to do your card or pre pay for parking and they scan your phone. Once inside they have what are basically reverse ATMs. Put your cash in and it spits out a card. No clue if there’s a service fee on those because we didn’t use them.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

Forgot add there are plenty of bars/beer stands in the concourse areas and I’m pretty sure still no vendors in the seats. Boomsticks are in RC field. That area gets really busy. So I wouldn’t stand there long with the kids.

If you are a cash person you still have to do your card or pre pay for parking and they scan your phone. Once inside they have what are basically reverse ATMs. Put your cash in and it spits out a card. No clue if there’s a service fee on those because we didn’t use them.

the Rangers hate American cash!!!!

Nice story about Gallo and 3B coach Beasley.  (excerpts)

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Texas Rangers All-Star slugger Joey Gallo has never forgotten that day he spent during spring training five years ago with Tony Beasley — a nearly four-hour chemotherapy session to treat the coach's cancer.

When Gallo steps into the box for the Home Run Derby in Denver on Monday night, Beasley will be throwing to him — as the third base coach has in batting practice before Rangers games throughout the 27-year-old slugger's big league career.

While Beasley had planned to spend next week's break at home in Virginia, the former minor league All-Star infielder who never played in the majors couldn't turn down Gallo.

“He was relieved, but it made me feel good that I felt like I was his only choice,” Beasley said. “And he went back to 2016 when we spent time together in chemotherapy and that type of stuff, he felt like that would be a good opportunity to shed light on cancer and the possibility of inspiring people

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/article/Rangers-Gallo-Beasley-s-Impact-16306229.php

• Hook 'Em 1