2021 Texas Rangers

CowtownHorn

I'm really happy. I don't think they would've taken him if they couldn't sign him.  Wondering if he's full slot or slightly belows

He ain’t taking less, I don’t think.

It will be so on-brand for the Rangers to fuck around and find out in negotiations and have Leiter go back to Vandy.

16 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I'm really happy. I don't think they would've taken him if they couldn't sign him.  Wondering if he's full slot or slightly belows

I imagine he will sign for full slot, probably more.  He has a shitload of leverage being a Sophomore.  I would expect the Rangers to draft some 4 year college players today and give them $20k to offset.  Hopefully Kevin Kopps.

Edited by Don Johnson

FG had him at 33. BA at 124. 

Advanced hit tool.

This is from LSB

Zavala made an impact the moment he stepped foot on Oregon’s campus, appearing in 43 games as a freshman before breaking through in the truncated 2020 season, with a .418/.493/.491 slash line. He’s kept up that performance this season, while showing more power, hitting .392/.525/.628 with 50 walks compared to just 31 strikeouts.

Zavala’s excellent play has caught the attention of scouts, who showed up to the Eugene Regional to watch Zavala cap off his season with a 6-for-18 showing with two homers in four games. Not ranked in the BA 500 coming into the season, Zavala has shot up draft boards and become one of the most talked-about players in the Pacific Northwest, led by an above-average hit tool. Zavala has a short, quick bat with a flat path through the zone from the left side and consistently gets the barrel on the ball. Zavala’s low strikeout rates stood out to evaluators, and he works long at-bats. Zavala has strength in his 6-foot, 199-pound frame, with more line-drive power with a gap-to-gap approach. His power did tick up this year, but some evaluators feel he’ll need to make some swing adjustments to lead to more juice in the future.

Zavala is a good athlete for his size, with solid-average speed and has been clocked at 4.18 seconds down the line. He’s played right field this year, but he’s shown the ability to play third base and second as well. Zavala’s arm is below-average, leading some evaluators to think he profiles better in left field, though he’ll likely need to show more power to stay there.

Seems to be another hit guy.

• Hook 'Em 1