2021 Texas Rangers

CowtownHorn

Recent callup I'm assuming? 

He has a 1-1 record and 5 ERA in AA and AAA this year. This might be interesting. Cool opportunity for him, though.

Mom and dad are at the game. He went 1 2 3 in the 1st - maybe we get a decent start from him. 

Edited by ztejas

11 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Post your spreadsheet, yo. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HFqFehy5ZbQv7TYmxBN-IoZDb8BJf-Kf44Hbkj9gykM/edit?usp=sharing

Up $1,517, more or less right where I was at at the end of the Rangers 12 game losing streak.  

[Betting $100 a game against the Ranges on the opponent -1.5 run line, for those that don't know]

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, DougO said:

I'm starting to get the feeling that Rangers starting pitching generally isn't very good.

Also our relief pitching. And fielding. And hitting with runners on base. 

20 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:

Chartf2ff7a8a26331b3f37667e1a1b6dd845.jpg

At what point would you have cut it off? Or did you figure the return would start going up and balance out the losses (which looks like is exactly what happened).

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Also our relief pitching. And fielding. And hitting with runners on base. 

At what point would you have cut it off? Or did you figure the return would start going up and balance out the losses (which looks like is exactly what happened).

Garcia was a huge part of that early May success, I figure he wouldn't keep it up and the pitching would show its true colors.  

Yeah, that's why I kinda hated to see Gallo leave. There's no telling how good Garcia will be in the long run, but the odds of him being a long term cornerstone for the offense are questionable at best. At least he's a good defender. Maybe the pressure of having to carry the offense is part of it, and not being surrounded by decent bats, and having been scouted more thoroughly by opponents. There's not a lot left to build around and I'm not sure the Rangers have hastened their progress towards non-suckage with the prospects they have acquired.

10 minutes ago, DougO said:

Yeah, that's why I kinda hated to see Gallo leave. There's no telling how good Garcia will be in the long run, but the odds of him being a long term cornerstone for the offense are questionable at best. At least he's a good defender. Maybe the pressure of having to carry the offense is part of it, and not being surrounded by decent bats, and having been scouted more thoroughly by opponents. There's not a lot left to build around and I'm not sure the Rangers have hastened their progress towards non-suckage with the prospects they have acquired.

He's still having a nice year. Cooled off on the long ball a bit. Not sure about a cornerstone but he projects to be a pretty good part of the lineup. 

He's also been moved all over the place on D - I wonder if that's something that might get in his head.