2021 Texas Rangers

CowtownHorn

18 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:
22 minutes ago, DougO said:
Looks like the Rangers could clinch the third overall pick in the draft with a loss today or a Pittsburgh win. Not bad.

Even Grant ( I think) said last night that the Rangers would "win" the tiebreaker so they need both to lock in 3rd today.

I was under the impression that Pitt would win the tie breaker because they had a worse record last year.

Could be wrong.

I'm not saying he should be fired, but it's a unique position. I question his managerial skills to some degree, with his team's frequent display of poor fundamentals. Otherwise, the situation he is in it is difficult to really know what he could do with a legit decent team.

• 2 weeks later...

I happened to be in Boston last night (and today) and randomly picked up tickets to the ALCS game at Fenway. It was fun to cheer against both sides. 

The Sox fans were really confused why a Rangers fan was at the game. Every single one of them mentioned Josh Hamilton. That motherfucker was so good at baseball… when he tried to be. 

Also- I’ll put up with long beer lines for a stadium that is beautiful and just feels like baseball. 

I snapped this when I walked in last night. 

94767755-B3F4-4045-8F30-A7AE30CB6F99.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I happened to be in Boston last night (and today) and randomly picked up tickets to the ALCS game at Fenway. It was fun to cheer against both sides. 

The Sox fans were really confused why a Rangers fan was at the game. Every single one of them mentioned Josh Hamilton. That motherfucker was so good at baseball… when he tried to be. 

Also- I’ll put up with long beer lines for a stadium that is beautiful and just feels like baseball. 

I snapped this when I walked in last night. 

94767755-B3F4-4045-8F30-A7AE30CB6F99.jpeg

Did they have any thoughts on Martin Perez?

Still doesn't take away what Jackson has done.  We traded him for two spares that ended up doing nothing.  This organization is notorious for trading off guys to soon.

Remember that time we held on to Martin Perez and Jurickson Profar because they were can’t miss prospects? Just stfu and quit while you’re behind dude
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

After Cruz butchered that fly ball I quit watching. I knew what was going to happen and just couldnt take it. 

Still havent seen the game winner and hopefully never will. 

Rangers may never be that close again. For someone who grew up there its a bitter pill. 

Let’s dispel this for the final time. Endy finished the game in RF exactly ONCE the entire season, game 161 when we were killing the Angels & he pulled Josh, Mike, Adrian, & Nap at the same time. 

Endy was never the late-game defensive replacement for Nellie, just another dumb internet rumor that took off. 

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Let’s dispel this for the final time. Endy finished the game in RF exactly ONCE the entire season, game 161 when we were killing the Angels & he pulled Josh, Mike, Adrian, & Nap at the same time. 

Endy was never the late-game defensive replacement for Nellie, just another dumb internet rumor that took off. 

Yes it's true that he wasn't a normal replacement for Nellie. It's also true that Endy thought he was going in to replace Nellie after he pinch hit at the top of the ninth but got called back.