Is today's Republican electorate the Dumbest in modern history?

horn4life

IS the current GOP electorate the dumbest in modern history?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. How dumb do you think the current GOP electorate is?

• Dumbest ever - When you believe more lies than the truth and listen to Ivy League Elites rail against themselves and cheer wildly... it's hard to get dumber.
    • Just a bit dumber. Remember the Tea Party folks honestly believed that Obamacare was going to have "death panels" and the GOP had a health plan.
    • Average - Dumb is not a word I would use. Misinformed certainly, but grasp of factual information has not been a prerequisite to being Republican for a very long time.
    • Actually this group because of their access to social media makes them probably smarter than many past GOP electorates.
    • One of the smartest ever probably. They are on the right side of most issues and as a group pretty damn well informed!

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That’s where you and I differ. I was a fan of the Babys. I was a fan of Journey when Cain was in the band. My first car date was to see Journey on the Frontiers tour.

I’m disappointed that Cain has anything to do with that wackadoodle. That just makes me sad. 

You took a car to see a Journey concert?  How did the car pass through security? Did you have to buy extra tickets for all the seats it took up?  How many cars did you date after the first one? This has me completely confused. 

Exhibit Y, for Yahoo:

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2021/04/yahoo-answers-to-end-as-trump-fans-see-plot-to-silence-conservatives/?comments=1

Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4, 2021, the Verizon-owned Yahoo announced this week. The 16-year-old question-and-answer service will enter read-only mode on April 20, preventing users from posting new questions or answering other users' questions, Yahoo said. On the May 4 shutdown date, the website will no longer be accessible, and the URL will redirect to the Yahoo homepage, Yahoo said. No other Yahoo services are affected by this announcement.

Just why people still use Yahoo Answers is a question that probably lacks a satisfying answer. One Ars colleague suggested that I format this article "as a question followed by a bunch of poorly written responses that don't quite answer the question." Instead of that, let's take a look at some of the recent questions that have risen to the top or near the top of the Yahoo Answers homepage.

The shutdown announcement prompted anger from people asking if Yahoo Answers is being "shut to silence conservatives" and for recommendations of other sites that post "the truth regarding the left's degeneracy." Another asked whether former President Donald Trump should buy Yahoo to prevent the shutdown. Others wanted to know whether the US can survive Biden's presidency and whether Democrats will ever "admit" that the election was rigged (it wasn't.)

Recent questions listed on the homepage include:

Spoiler

Will America survive 4 years of Joe Biden?"

"Can you point me to another site like yahoo answers where I can post about the truth regarding the left's degeneracy and ruining of the USA?"

"Will liberals cry when Trump wins in 2024?"

"I think George Floyd died from HEALTH ISSUES?"

"Should Trump buy Yahoo immediately to prevent Answers from being shut down?"

"Why do I need ID to buy firearm if I do t need one to vote?"

"Why does Joe stutter so much like a retard and looks older than the tales from the crypt keeper?"

"Closing of 'Yahoo! answers' means 'once again we lost freedom of speech'?"

"Why do Donald Trump and Republicans hate minorities and love white supremacists?"

"Is Yahoo Answers being shut to silence conservatives?"

"As Yahoo! Answers prepares to shut down, how will conservatives spin the decision as an attempt to censor only conservatives?"

"70,000,000 people voted for Trump. They can't all be stupid, can they?"

"Do you agree with liberals who say Florida will be under water by 2050?"

"Will Democrats ever admit that the election was rigged?"

"Will Trump's new social media platform host a Q&A so we can keep the dialogue going? And will comments to news stories return?"

There was also one "question" falsely claiming that only 1.4 million Jews died in the Holocaust instead of the generally accepted estimate of 6 million.

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What I love about her the most, and what makes it all fit into this bizarre timeline perfectly.....is that she is married to Jonathan Cain, keyboardist for Journey:

EIpcs2oXsAIUbl9.jpg

4x_journey_keyboard.jpg?itok=al7B0_90

Damn! Paul has had a lotta work. She’s got that lion face going big time.

I once thought that friends who supported trump and were just temporarily fooled by his bullshit for a while would someday come to their senses and see the truth.  Now I know that they all have some common defect in their brains which makes them incapable of knowing the truth even when it beats them over their heads.  Since I would prefer to have friends who are capable of logical thinking, screw the rest.  There is no hope for them, ever.

73cfa53e4857272a30576e933bc97230.jpg
  • Rage+1 1

I don't know how often you do it, but I am brave enough to put Fox News on in the background for hours at a time.  It is a cycle of Cuomo, unfair hypocrisy of the left, some rotating black crime, the oppression of whites and christians by "cancel culture," and the never ending selfless good deeds of Governor DeSantis, the persecution of Georgia for implementing race based voter suppression BECAUSE of lies TOLD BY THE SAME FOLKS WRITING THE BIILLS by big evil MLB for moving the All Star game. There simply isn't much room for actual news.  

Then you just get a bunch of GOP elected officials to fill in with lies without ever any pushback, and you get hours upon hours of really shitty "news."  

In other words they are getting plenty of help staying dumb!

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...

just thought I would bump this back up.  Since Dumbest Electorate Ever seems to be EXACTLY on point at this juncture.

Sad that so many of our countrymen are now basically operatives for those that hate us most.  No lie cannot be believed. No truth cannot be dismissed.  Saddest thing is the leaders of the GOP don't care enough about our country to give a shit past their next primary.

Only hope for the GOP is well.... to again lie about what they believe now.  The good news is, the current folks in the fold are so stupid, they will believe anything... as long as it's not TRUE!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Reflecting on the question posed in the thread title; yes, yes they are:

A majority of Republicans still believe Donald Trump won the 2020 U.S. presidential election and blame his loss to Joe Biden on illegal voting, according to a new Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll.

The May 17-19 national poll found that 53% of Republicans believe Trump, their party's nominee, is the “true president” now, compared to 3% of Democrats and 25% of all Americans.

About one-quarter of adults believe the Nov. 3 election was tainted by illegal voting, including 56% of Republicans, according to the poll. The figures were roughly the same in a poll that ran from Nov. 13-17 which found that 28% of all Americans and 59% of Republicans felt that way.

A Democrat, Biden won by more than seven million votes. Dozens of courts rejected Trump’s challenges to the results, but Trump and his supporters have persisted in pushing baseless conspiracy theories on conservative news outlets.

The Reuters/Ipsos poll showed that 61% of Republicans believe the election was "stolen" from Trump. Only about 29% of Republicans believe he should share some of the blame for his supporters' Jan. 6 deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/53-republicans-view-trump-true-us-president-reutersipsos-2021-05-24/

A majority of Republicans still believe Donald Trump won the 2020 U.S. presidential election and blame his loss to Joe Biden on illegal voting, according to a new Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll.

The May 17-19 national poll found that 53% of Republicans believe Trump, their party's nominee, is the “true president” now, compared to 3% of Democrats and 25% of all Americans.

About one-quarter of adults believe the Nov. 3 election was tainted by illegal voting, including 56% of Republicans, according to the poll. The figures were roughly the same in a poll that ran from Nov. 13-17 which found that 28% of all Americans and 59% of Republicans felt that way.

A Democrat, Biden won by more than seven million votes. Dozens of courts rejected Trump’s challenges to the results, but Trump and his supporters have persisted in pushing baseless conspiracy theories on conservative news outlets.

The Reuters/Ipsos poll showed that 61% of Republicans believe the election was "stolen" from Trump. Only about 29% of Republicans believe he should share some of the blame for his supporters' Jan. 6 deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/53-republicans-view-trump-true-us-president-reutersipsos-2021-05-24/

Can the last one out shut off the lights and disarm the nukes

I’d really like to meet the three percent of Democrats that believe Trump is the true president.
  • Haha 1

I like how they all want to investigate Biden's wins but none of Trumps.  Seems like there's something biased with that logic.  Trump definitely cheated not once but two election cycles but again, they don't want to investigate.  It's so fucked up, even when it was all out in the open.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Satchel said:

Sadly, this reads as positive news. Over a third of people who still identify as Republicans might actually be clinging to sanity!

6 hours ago, horn4life said:

Sad that so many of our countrymen are now basically operatives for those that hate us most. 

I promise you, they don't hate you as much as they hate people like me, as in a former Republican.   You're just an evil commie liberal and you can't help it, but because I was once a Republican, I'm a traitor.

They will talk all day about what commie liberals are doing to this country, but when I say I'm more than happy to discuss the reasons why I left the GOP, and why I will not be going back, they rapidly change the topic.

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I promise you, they don't hate you as much as they hate people like me, as in a former Republican.   You're just an evil commie liberal and you can't help it, but because I was once a Republican, I'm a traitor.

They will talk all day about what commie liberals are doing to this country, but when I say I'm more than happy to discuss the reasons why I left the GOP, and why I will not be going back, they rapidly change the topic.

Actually I used to be a card carrying Republican.  Reagan was the first President I ever voted for.  I also fed my boss the plastic card concept that was at the time the biggest fundraising mailer Karl Rove ever produced at that time.  It was a fundraiser for Bush 41.  My boss actually hired me to keep me from taking the Rove account away from him oh so long ago.

What I realized is that the GOP spent as much or more than the Dems, but their spending was always giving the most well off in our county a leg up with lower taxes.  They promised more job creation from these tax cuts, that simply never, ever, ever produced the results promised.  So it was basically the original "big lie."  Along with a shit ton of other dishonest shady shit from the Reagan Bush era.  Dems are far from perfect, but they err on trying to help the masses.  The GOP simply is always busy stacking the deck for the richest, without much thought of anything beyond that fiscally.

So yeah used to be a Pub. But it's fucking hard as shit to make anything but a selfish argument for your personal lower tax payments to justify voting for the GOP right now.  

And... I am simply not a stupid motherfucker... so that eliminates me from the current GOP electorate!

• Hook 'Em 3

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't entirely sure where to post this, but I'd figure I'd archive this exchange with a hard-core Republican I know.  Long story short, the assertion he supported was that Democrats were trying to take away voting rights, civil rights, human rights, and religious rights.  I asked for clarification.  His response, which is just so snowflakey I can't keep it to myself:

this isn't even difficult dude.

Voting rights- by not ensuring that voting security is upheld through some sort of very minimal effort (such as a state ID or SS number) we are allowing non citizen votes and fraudulent votes to have effect on election outcomes. ANY US citizen has and should have the right to vote as long as they show proof of citizenship (proof that could still be falsified, but let's at least make them work for it)

Civil rights- making white people second class citizens (specifically white, Christian males) is not equality and is oppression. 2 wrongs will never make a right.

Religious freedom- churches forced to close during pandemic primarily in Democrat run states. Christian bakers forced to make confections for gay weddings, rampid support for abortion even late term abortion, and an overall disdain for non taxable religious entities

Yay, 3rd-world education.

I haven't decided whether we're going to the funeral yet; it's my call, because this aunt fucked over my wife multiple times over a lifetime -- wife's mother's youngest sister is dead from COVID. Her husband? On a respirator, with COVID. They chose (and have a doctor from their church who prescribed) hydrochloroquine. Because duh, Trumpublicans.

I really don't feel good about saying "So fucking what" when someone dies, but the truth is, the world is better off without her. There's no objective standard by which you can say anything else. The only conversations beyond three words her husband ever contributed to were defending aggy culture, so I feel like I really don't need to draw up any pictures for anybody of who we're talking about here.

They are... WERE...   stupid beyond belief. Republican to the core. And nobody is really gonna miss them. That is just a sad fucking epitaph. I won't be this honest about it when speaking publicly, because there is nothing to be gained from speaking ill of the dead. But this is an anonymous forum, and I see no reason not to be honest -- they were stupid, and selfish, and the world is better off without them.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I won't be this honest about it when speaking publicly, because there is nothing to be gained from speaking ill of the dead.

Yeah, don't bother with being honest, just say your piece about her dying from a hoax disease invented by Fauci, wait for the Amens to subside, and then yell out "hook `em" as you go back to your seat.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, don't bother with being honest, just say your piece about her dying from a hoax disease invented by Fauci, wait for the Amens to subside, and then yell out "hook `em" as you go back to your seat.

What...?!?!? You want them to hiss at her funeral? Have you no aggy pride?

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

What...?!?!? You want them to hiss at her funeral? Have you no aggy pride?

Mention that China released the fake virus, and that the Chinese government is funding aggy labs, and that "I'M JUST ASKING QUESTIONS, Y'ALL NEED TO DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!"

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I haven't decided whether we're going to the funeral yet; it's my call, because this aunt fucked over my wife multiple times over a lifetime -- wife's mother's youngest sister is dead from COVID. Her husband? On a respirator, with COVID. They chose (and have a doctor from their church who prescribed) hydrochloroquine. Because duh, Trumpublicans.

I really don't feel good about saying "So fucking what" when someone dies, but the truth is, the world is better off without her. There's no objective standard by which you can say anything else. The only conversations beyond three words her husband ever contributed to were defending aggy culture, so I feel like I really don't need to draw up any pictures for anybody of who we're talking about here.

They are... WERE...   stupid beyond belief. Republican to the core. And nobody is really gonna miss them. That is just a sad fucking epitaph. I won't be this honest about it when speaking publicly, because there is nothing to be gained from speaking ill of the dead. But this is an anonymous forum, and I see no reason not to be honest -- they were stupid, and selfish, and the world is better off without them.

Your immediate family and the relationship with those family members to whom your attendance is important/matters that might be a good place to guide your decision making. We attended a funeral at my late mother's request because she was the one who needed the support, but the deceased and his family we avoided as much contact as was polite. Other times, we have not paid our respects because we had no respect to give.

Do what you need to do and godspeed.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Other times, we have not paid our respects because we had no respect to give.

That, sadly, is the case all too often. If somebody genuinely wants to help others, I will honor them even if I have fundamental differences regarding what that ought to mean. But for those who never show the slightest interest in the less fortunate? I'm sorry, I don't care whether you live or die. If you show that level of disinterest to humanity, why should humanity not return the favor?

Sorry, I'm just infuriated over the kid glove treatment being given to people who shat on others on a habitual basis. You treat people badly, you don't have me mourn when you're gone. It's really that simple.

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Well, they sure as shit have no clue what the 1st Amendment actually protects.

Doctors can't even complain about the First Amendment without letting you know they are doctors.

On 5/26/2021 at 12:12 PM, RDCanecutter said:

I'm gonna say it's 85-year-old Dixiecrats who never bothered to change registration.

And we have a winner. There's a difference between a registered Democrat and a person who understood that however terrible Joe Biden is w/r/t public policy, he's still miles ahead of Trump just on that front alone. Unlike "insane" and "21st century Republican," that Venn Diagram has two circles.

18 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/07/politics/mark-meadows-trump-doj-italygate/

Trump's Chief of Staff:  Hey, Mr. Acting Attorney General, can you look into whether or not Italy deployed technology to change votes from Trump to Biden

Trump Voters: 

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

They rely on the Hitlerian strategy to advance their little rabbit-assed nonsense. And I don't say that pejoratively, I literally mean that this falls right in line with what Hitler described in Mein Kampf. His mini-thesis on that was that if you tell a small lie, it's actually harder to sell than a colossal lie. With a colossal lie, the liar is relying on the idea that enough people will think to themselves "there has to be some truth to it. Why else would he be saying it? Surely no one could be so brazen as to just make up a whopper like that."

So Biden didn't steal the election directly?

Ok, blame the voting systems that were developed in left wing Venezuela by socialist Hugo Chavez.

What? Chavez has been dead for 7 years and the voting systems have no connection to him anyways?

Ok, blame the Italians. After all it's the perfect plot! Italy is one of the most right wing of European governments not named Russia, so what better way to fool everyone than to sabotage Trump's re-election? It's genius!!!

After this gets shot down in flames, my guess is their next move is to blame Santa Claus and the North Pole sending us subliminal messages in our Xmas gifts in 2019 to vote for Biden. They have nowhere else to go...but they will keep going. They will never fess up to reality.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Hook 'Em 3

19 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

That, sadly, is the case all too often. If somebody genuinely wants to help others, I will honor them even if I have fundamental differences regarding what that ought to mean. But for those who never show the slightest interest in the less fortunate? I'm sorry, I don't care whether you live or die. If you show that level of disinterest to humanity, why should humanity not return the favor?

Sorry, I'm just infuriated over the kid glove treatment being given to people who shat on others on a habitual basis. You treat people badly, you don't have me mourn when you're gone. It's really that simple.

I understand that you don't like them, but if you don't show up at the funeral, and if you don't act nice, you're never going to get any of their stuff.

• Haha 2

I had to do some Jack Handey (deep thoughts) about the Qcumber thread of mockery but decided this guy wasn't about "Space Lasers" as much as he is just your garden variety dumbfuck.

It's time to start making some coin for your favorite charities.  I think I got $ 100 when Biden was sworn in & one of the morons said the inauguration was actually a Hollywood set & refused to pay.

image.png.feb6da1d5dda9523657584f8abc629a4.png