2018 Motocross/Supercross Thread

golfclap

56 minutes ago, irockalltherocks said:

I don't watch Supercross all that intently since Dungey retired. Now I record and FF to the mains. Also, Ralph is super annoying. Tomac can't keep it upright to make a serious charge for the title, we'll see if Anderson can hang on and claim it.

Bring on the Outdoors!

Pretty much exactly this.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

agreed and hopefully the nationals will elevate and give us some interesting races ... 

did you guys see the highlights from the Hangtown 125 All Star Race? There's really nothing I like better than 125s riding or watching ...  this Tijero kid is fast. I loved seeing that side shot of him going up that whoop-filled climb at 4:48. 

Man, do I ever miss the two-strokes.  But...I'm an old guy - my last race bike was a Maico.
And Tomac seems to have the field covered right now.

Steve Stackable from right here in the Austin area rode for the Maico factory team in the mid to late ‘70s.
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Mudcat35 said:

Man, do I ever miss the two-strokes.  But...I'm an old guy - my last race bike was a Maico.

And Tomac seems to have the field covered right now.

I'm all two stroke man. A 125, 2 250's and a 500.

1 minute ago, Texas_Rocks said:

Steve Stackable from right here in the Austin area rode for the Maico factory team in the mid to late ‘70s.

Stackable was a badass.

• Like 1

Some Husky updates - getting Philthy it appears  ::

Defending Lucas Oil Pro Motocross 250 Class Champion, Zach Osborne, will miss the remaining rounds of the 2018 season due to a shoulder injury. Phil Nicoletti will join the Rockstar/Husqvarna team as a 450 fill-in rider for the rest of the summer.

30 minutes ago, irockalltherocks said:

Bought the NBC Sports Gold package for $54 for live, commercial free streaming of the Outdoor Nationals. I'm using my Fire Stick, so far, so good. No issues with the streaming, get to watch the qualifiers, and the lack of commercials is awesome.

I used it all last year with that setup, was very good.

19 hours ago, golfclap said:

Some Husky updates - getting Philthy it appears  ::

Shit, bummed for Osbourne. Love me some Nicoletti though.

Oh man -- 

MXGP points leader Jeffrey Herlings sustained a broken right collarbone today while practicing at Berghem in Holland.

The team said Herlings is scheduled for a procedure with surgeon Dr. Claes’ clinic in the next few hours to fix a fracture near a plate that was inserted from a previous injury. The team said “it’s extremely likely” Herlings will miss this weekend’s MXGP of Lombardia at Ottobiano in Italy.

Following this weekend’s race there is a two-week break before the MXGP of Indonesia on July 1. Herlings has won eight of the first ten Grands Prix this year and holds a 62-point lead over teammate Antonio Cairoli.

Edited by golfclap

So true. You know some guys are just a little too gifted from time to time. Bayle, Lechien,  -- guys that can just fucking fly and not put in half the hours or work that other guys are putting in. I feel like Herlings is a little like that and maybe crashes too much because he hasn't trained enough to know when to pull back off the edge a little and just run within himself. Anderson we've talked about him the same way. When Herlings is on though he is a damn machine, that pass on Cairoli last week was just nails. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...