Homeland

LongestHorn

the president has been the worst part about this season.  did not like the actress that played her and did not like the way the president was portrayed.  having beau bridges as president might be an uptick.  it's ridiculous that the presidents closest aide would betray her, call an airstrike, and not be fired or even disciplined.  he was right there next to her like it never even happened.   thats a suspension of disbelief i'm not able to bridge.

It was a stupid plot and premise. Couldn't Carrie just have ducked into another room, out of site, and just taken off the wig? The police would have still been looking for the blonde woman and she could have escaped. I've know several bi-polar people and none of them would go full on insane if they didn't get their meds. We're somehow supposed to believe that she is equipped to work as a Special Opps agent? That's not it works...

I was convinced that Yveny would have shown her sister and daughter captive to coerce a statement. Especially after his comment about knowing all about her with the meds. That would have been more interesting.

The President was annoying and the actress sucked. She was supposed to be sympathetic but her attempt to appear "tough" just made her an egotistical bitch.

agreed, the president was just not likable at all.  even when she was trying to be nice (to saul's warroom of spies) she came off as stiff and condescending.  

i'm not sure if carrie is acting that way because she was without her meds, or maybe they were giving her fake meds.  

Agree with s lot of the comments above about some of the absurdities.  Having said that, I think this season is much better than some of the past ones:  

remember the joy of dealing with Brady’s angst ridden daughter every episode?  Focus on the field work in the Middle East and leave the baby problems out of the mix which it seems the writers are doing now.

i always wondered how the writers were going to get out of that storyline.  They had created their own Meereenese Knot with the baby addition. Now Carries sister taking ownership gets them out of that.

That storyline was never going to work if Carrie was going to be out in the field. Have no idea why that was ever introduced.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/13/2020 at 7:53 AM, Spankytoes said:

Same tired, predictable premises, but I've caught up. 

I love the part of the season when Saul expresses remorse for bringing back Carrie too soon. “I knew she wasn’t ready!”

Edited by CurlyDumps

Giving Carrie a baby was like GRR Martin and his Meereenese Knot in Game of Thrones.

They wrote themselves into a corner giving her a baby which was going to give the show absolutely nothing but a problem to try and make it interesting.

What did they think that was going to do, have her get a minivan and just show her taking it to preschool everyday?

So they just awkwardly had her lose custody, gift it to her sister and then never see it again...ridiculous.

The most predictable part of the show is how she NEVER has obeyed a single command from any superior, lulz...

On 4/15/2020 at 1:29 PM, Mileslong said:

Giving Carrie a baby was like GRR Martin and his Meereenese Knot in Game of Thrones.

They wrote themselves into a corner giving her a baby which was going to give the show absolutely nothing but a problem to try and make it interesting.

What did they think that was going to do, have her get a minivan and just show her taking it to preschool everyday?

So they just awkwardly had her lose custody, gift it to her sister and then never see it again...ridiculous.

The most predictable part of the show is how she NEVER has obeyed a single command from any superior, lulz...

she is an absolute trainwreck.  in reality she would have been fired, or killed off, long ago.  she just goes from one fuck up to another.  

if there are two episodes left it does feel like it's coming anywhere near to being a show finale.  isn't this the last season?

As soon as she drove off with Yevgeny, I knew they would go that route with the story. With all the incredible things the series has asked viewers to believe, that Russia would have Carrie in any position to spy on them is up there.

Still, it finished honestly I guess. Both Carrie and Saul acted in line with the way they’ve always been.

1 hour ago, naija said:

As soon as she drove off with Yevgeny, I knew they would go that route with the story. With all the incredible things the series has asked viewers to believe, that Russia would have Carrie in any position to spy on them is up there.

Still, it finished honestly I guess. Both Carrie and Saul acted in line with the way they’ve always been.

Same thing I was telling my wife. The ending makes sense for her, but it makes zero sense for the Russkies.

And yeah, the production value has always been great, but the storylines just got more and more ridiculous along the way, culminating in this nonsense ...

Showtime needs a show like this, just minus Carrie, with Saul as the driving force.

Edited by wood

I didn't have any hopes or expectations of them killing carrie off, but I was hoping Yevgeny and that Pakistani chick did.  they were both evil and fucked us over time and time again and would have liked to have seen them get what they deserved.  it was a good show  but i'm glad it's over.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...