Where to Live in Houston - Short Term

Have a colleague that is looking for areas to live in Houston.  I know nothing about that town except it's humid, has great BBQ (thanks @ChampKind), and it's humid.

He's working on a project downtown close to Minute Maid.  He's a good kid.  Single for the time being.  I told him I knew some assholes on the internet that could provide some good recs, and some piss-poor ones as well.

Where's he need to be?

Yeah, I think the area near the soccer stadium is really up and coming and somewhat affordable for the young professional.  It's a short train ride or Uber to a bunch of pretty cool spots to hang out in Houston and a short commute to work. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, UTPhil2006 said:

This. 

Correct. 10 years ago I'd never recommend anyone live downtown or downtown-adjacent, but there's so much more going on down there now. Lots of options in EaDo these days, and there are several nice new complexes in downtown proper now. Buddy of mine lives at the Catalyst right next to MMP and loves it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Correct. 10 years ago I'd never recommend anyone live downtown or downtown-adjacent, but there's so much more going on down there now. Lots of options in EaDo these days, and there are several nice new complexes in downtown proper now. Buddy of mine lives at the Catalyst right next to MMP and loves it. 

Plus I live here.  What more could you want?