15 clowns killed in a California car accident

Parliament

I've seen a mass smuggling once back around '85. It was at the NM port of entry from El Paso. The truck in front of me was a moving van. When they opened the rear doors it was like baby spiders running from a busted egg sack. There were dozens of them and they went in every direction. The only thing missing was Benny Hill.  NM cops waved me through and I never looked back.

• Hook 'Em 1

Pretty sure I told this story on the other site, but back in olden times, before they "reformed" immigration law, I was a teenager ponying horses at Sunland Park race track. When the seasons would change all the trainers and owners would move everything to Ruidoso, and a lot of guys I worked with would haul loads of horses, 4 and 6 at a time, from Sunland to Ruidoso.

Well they also would smuggle their undocumented dudes in the trailers with the horses to get through the border patrol check on US 54 north of El Paso. One guy we nicknamed Calf-rope, not sure why, stopped at the check and his cargo of dudes thought they had arrived in Ruidoso and piled out of the trailer, right there at the checkpoint.

I had forgotten about that story until just now.

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2021 at 1:57 PM, TwiceHorn said:

I see that you are unfamiliar with the motoring habits of our latin friends.

I used to do rollover PI products liability cases involving deaths or catastrophic injuries (suing car and tire manufacturers).  One of the first things we would do is put together a seating chart and mark whether they were belted.  It was often extremely challenging with Hispanics, as you would have a Ford Explorer with 11 people in it. Some of the bad accidents the scene photos were brutal.  And very sad.

On 3/2/2021 at 11:43 PM, Orale said:

These were 15 human beings. 15 human beings probably working for minimum wage if that 12 hours a day to make their families' lives a bit better.

Where the hell do you find people who will work for minimum wage?  In Houston to get any kind of work done think closer to $15 per hour.