City student passes 3 classes in four years, ranks near top half of class with 0.13 GPA

clapclapclap

1 minute ago, workswithseed said:

It seems like you're saying that President Eisenhower's Civil Rights Act dramatically turned the fatherlessness in all races, unless you mean some other type of legislation?

It looks like to me that LBJ's Great Society reforms seems to be the catalyst. At least that's what it looks like, and that's why I asked.

Holy hell, are you sure you're not mad? Is this you?

I’m not mad, I just want you to put into words what you’re really feeling, but you won’t, because you’re a giant racist pussy.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I’m not mad, I just want you to put into words what you’re really feeling, but you won’t, because you’re a giant racist pussy.  

I know you don't like questions, and I know when you can't answer them you call people racist, or pussy like here, but I want you to calm down and think. I asked a question, you said I already knew the answer, and started off pretty offensive. You came in already at attack. I go, not really, but it does seem to align with LBJ's legislation. Then you call me dumb, and still thinking I know the answer, with your own idea of what happened. I go maybe. Then you call me a racist pussy.

I wonder why I don't believe that you're not mad. Some stuff could be mixed, I probably fucked up sentence structure, but oh well.

22 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

What do you think caused it?

I obviously think it’s the “help” provided by white liberals and have said so.  

But what do you think caused it?

19 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

What do you think caused it?

I obviously think it’s the “help” provided by white liberals and have said so.  

But what do you think caused it?

I don’t think anything “caused” it.  I think it is a result of actually recording statistics, where there were none before because nobody gave a shit.  

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

What are you willing to do to make it better?  

One thing I do — I detest the policies and approach of white liberals and vote against everyone of them.  Their policies have devastated black communities.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 3

I've stayed out of this one for a while. But having children needs to be costly and should have no incentives. They should be costly in both time and resources. Get rid of the child tax credit on income tax. Why? Because having children must be worth it, and only those that have prepared to make that sacrifice and have a stake in their success will have them. That, is how you fix the problem.

Birth control should be free in this country, including Plan B, not just to the poor, but to every women. Same with vasectomies for men. There should be absolutely no excuses for having a child that the government has to pay to raise, or is unwanted. No child deserves that.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 2

I've stayed out of this one for a while. But having children needs to be costly and should have no incentives. They should be costly in both time and resources. Get rid of the child tax credit on income tax. Why? Because having children must be worth it, and only those that have prepared to make that sacrifice and have a stake in their success will have them. That, is how you fix the problem.
Birth control should be free in this country, including Plan B, not just to the poor, but to every women. Same with vasectomies for men. There should be absolutely no excuses for having a child that the government has to pay to raise, or is unwanted. No child deserves that.
CHIEF

The problem with that is the economy is based mostly on an ever expanding base of consumers. We don’t want immigrants and increasingly we don’t want kids. It’s a mix that’s gonna fuck up everyone’s financial future eventually. It’s already a problem in nearly every other western country.

For example, Austria gives parents 1,000 euros a month for each kid age 0-18 and they still struggle to grow their population.
  • Hook 'Em 3

33 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

The problem with that is the economy is based mostly on an ever expanding base of consumers. We don’t want immigrants and increasingly we don’t want kids. It’s a mix that’s gonna fuck up everyone’s financial future eventually. It’s already a problem in nearly every other western country.

For example, Austria gives parents 1,000 euros a month for each kid age 0-18 and they still struggle to grow their population.

What kind of consumer are you producing with a .13 GPA, and that is in the top 50th percentile of an inner city school? 

CHIEF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

What most people don't want are immigrants that add to the welfare rolls.  Anchor babies are an example of that.  I want people coming here that have marketable skills, and are already productive members of society.  

People (typically employed people) are choosing not to have kids because the costs associated are getting more expensive.  We stopped at 2 because we knew paying for 3 would have been much harder.

If the influx of immigrants were lawyer types, who drive the cost of labor down you'd probably see a call to halt/slow immigration...  unemployed, unskilled labor doesn't affect the people who make the laws typically. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CHIEF said:

What kind of consumer are you producing with a .13 GPA, and that is in the top 50th percentile of an inner city school? 

CHIEF

The more the merrier.  They will continue to out-breed you and outvote you.  What do you think they're going to vote for?

giphy-2.gif

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Drugs, alcohol, tobacco, and bail bonds are a multi billion dollar industry.

Don't forget the court system. Unless he can navigate that minefield, he will end up paying fines and for the shitty court appointed attorney. Then if he has kids, here comes the court again.

It's why you cannot depend on the system to save/help you. That beast will eat you up, if you don't take any personal responsibility.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Are you saying what @Judge Roybeanbag was saying?

Both sides love their breeder voters.  At this point in history the lib breeders are out fucking the conservative breeders.  Both sides need dumb people.  It's in America's best interest to have lots of dumb people.  Dumb people aren't going anywhere.  

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

Both sides love their breeder voters.  At this point in history the lib breeders are out fucking the conservative breeders.  Both sides need dumb people.  It's in America's best interest to have lots of dumb people.  Dumb people aren't going anywhere.  

Okay, that's what I was thinking. So Judge was projecting.

I’ve said this story almost as many times as brisket tells the story about not shooting a homeless guy in college but I will say it again as it fits here. 

when I taught I had 20 kids that were going to fail for basically not turning their work in. I made an individualized packet of all their missing assignments, gave it to them, made them call their parents in my present and said- yo- mom- Johnny is going to fail if he doesn’t turn in his work. If he does it all I will pass him. 
I got 1 student that turned in his work- the other 19 (parents and kids) opted to fail. 
of those 19 kids that failed my class on average they were failing 4 or 5 of their 7 classes. 
None of my athletes failed my class by the way. Those of you arguing to get sports out of the school system are literally insane. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

None of my athletes failed my class by the way. Those of you arguing to get sports out of the school system are literally insane. 

Sports have definite benefits, no question about that.  But like everything, a lot of "us" are so overboard with it.  Blowing education dollars on huge stadiums and facilities, the by-product of which is an unhealthy worship of talented athletes; the social cost to other talented kids as a result of athlete worship.  It's not a universal problem, but it exists.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

image.gif.ec872ae9c27323bd6cb92e82c2098d51.gif

On 3/5/2021 at 7:21 PM, Johnny Sack said:

One thing I do — I detest the policies and approach of white liberals and vote against everyone of them.  Their policies have devastated black communities.  

Johnny Sack is right!

Black communities need to learn how to live more like white communities. Problem solved.

15 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’ve said this story almost as many times as brisket tells the story about not shooting a homeless guy in college but I will say it again as it fits here. 

when I taught I had 20 kids that were going to fail for basically not turning their work in. I made an individualized packet of all their missing assignments, gave it to them, made them call their parents in my present and said- yo- mom- Johnny is going to fail if he doesn’t turn in his work. If he does it all I will pass him. 
I got 1 student that turned in his work- the other 19 (parents and kids) opted to fail. 
of those 19 kids that failed my class on average they were failing 4 or 5 of their 7 classes. 

I assume that the athletes passed because they wanted to play, and their coach told them they weren't going to fail. The point being, how can we find ways to motivate non-athletes? Very sad that many parents don't seem to care enough to help their kid pass.

Parents definitely are the problem for kids that are failing. I have a relative that decided to let his high school and junior high kid stay home for a year+. He was too lost in drugs and didn't care. Parents that refuse to parent should have their kids taken away. Yes, I think it will create emotional problems for the children but that could easily be outweighed by their overall welfare. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I assume that the athletes passed because they wanted to play, and their coach told them they weren't going to fail. The point being, how can we find ways to motivate non-athletes? Very sad that many parents don't seem to care enough to help their kid pass.

Parents definitely are the problem for kids that are failing. I have a relative that decided to let his high school and junior high kid stay home for a year+. He was too lost in drugs and didn't care. Parents that refuse to parent should have their kids taken away. Yes, I think it will create emotional problems for the children but that could easily be outweighed by their overall welfare. 

We make you get a license to have a dog or cat, but any asshole can have a child....  I know flippant and impossible, but damn if there are people who should never procreate.  

I have never understood how a girl/woman or a couple can decide to have a child or multiple children when they can't afford to care for themselves.

On 3/3/2021 at 10:34 AM, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

quote-son-looks-to-me-like-you-re-spendi

I was a service tech for Sears back in the early '90s and was at Shelby's house right after aggy got put on probation for the Kermit Davis shit and I asked him what he thought about it and his exact words were "well hell, they bought him Tony Scott and then they wouldn't let him play, what the hell did they think was going to happen".

Tony Scott was a transfer from Syracuse that snitched on aggy

I feel it!

1) Baltimore had a good 1 1/2 years after it was founded in 1730.
2) Baltimore was a shithole from 1732 through about 1975, with a brief exception from about 1958-62.
3) Baltimore had a nice resurgence and was a great city from about 1976 to about 2000.
4) Baltimore became a shithole again after 2000 and is a waste of good land now and it would really be better if it didn't exist or was simply an unincorporated State area.
5) Nothing else matters.
Signed, former Maryland resident.

Edited by phdhorn

22 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

Don't forget the court system. Unless he can navigate that minefield, he will end up paying fines and for the shitty court appointed attorney. Then if he has kids, here comes the court again.

It's why you cannot depend on the system to save/help you. That beast will eat you up, if you don't take any personal responsibility.

Very strong avatar. 

On 3/5/2021 at 7:01 PM, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I don’t think anything “caused” it.  I think it is a result of actually recording statistics, where there were none before because nobody gave a shit.  

I’m interested in this line of thinking. Is your contention (and I have absolutely no knowledge of this one way or another) that demographic records weren’t kept for minorities prior to the 1960’s?  If so where so?  I mean, I guess that could seem plausible in the south, but in more integrated places without Jim Crowe laws that would seem strange to me. 

On 3/6/2021 at 3:42 PM, Onboard 2.0 said:

What most people don't want are immigrants that add to the welfare rolls.  Anchor babies are an example of that.  I want people coming here that have marketable skills, and are already productive members of society.  

People (typically employed people) are choosing not to have kids because the costs associated are getting more expensive.  We stopped at 2 because we knew paying for 3 would have been much harder.

If the influx of immigrants were lawyer types, who drive the cost of labor down you'd probably see a call to halt/slow immigration...  unemployed, unskilled labor doesn't affect the people who make the laws typically. 

None of us would be here if the immigration policy you’re describing existed back in the day.

For fuck sakes, aren’t you like a cabinet maker or something?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

None of us would be here if the immigration policy you’re describing existed back in the day.

Such bullshit your answer is .  First of all it's not the 1800's and my family came over with a skill set and didn't rely on govt largesse to survive As did most people like them. 

The social safety net net did not exist as we know it today 

Edited by Onboard 2.0

23 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Bingo. OB, how could you be so heartless? Everybody pitched in, no one died of starvation, Indian deprivation, exposure, or  Heaven forbid, dysentery on the Oregon Trail. Andrew Jackson issued WIC cards off of the White House steps.

CHIEF

• Fuck You 1

On 3/5/2021 at 7:21 PM, Johnny Sack said:

I too wish all the white liberals hadn’t enforced Jim crow for almost a hundred years and therefore lay all the blame for the devastated black communities squarely on the white liberal Jim Crow enforcers. 

You are such a joke of a caricature of complete white evangelical white supremacy ignorance. Go put on a hood, burn a cross, and watch some rats fuck.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1