"Bosch" spinoff coming

Gil Bang

Harry Bosch will stay on the case, at least in some manner of speaking, even after his eponymous Amazon Prime detective drama comes to an end this summer.

IMDb TV — Amazon’s premium free streaming service — announced on Wednesday that is has ordered a Bosch spinoff series to begin filming later this year. With Titus Welliver, Madison Lintz and Mimi Rogers reprising their roles as Harry, his daughter Madeline, and top-notch attorney Honey “Money” Chandler, the yet-to-be-titled offshoot will follow Bosch as he embarks on the next chapter of his career and finds himself working with his one-time enemy Honey. “With a deep and complicated history between this unlikely pair, they must work together to do what they can agree on — finding justice,” reads the synopsis.

Produced by Fabel (né Fabrik) Entertainment, the Bosch spinoff will be executive-produced by novelist Michael Connelly, series star Welliver, Eric Overmyer, Tom Bernardo, Henrik Bastin, Pieter Jan Brugge and Zetna Fuentes (who will also direct the spinoff pilot).

“To say I am ecstatic is an understatement! To be given the opportunity to tell more Harry Bosch stories is a tremendous gift,” Welliver said in a statement. “The process of shooting Season 7 with the shadow of it being our final loomed heavily so when the idea was presented to continue with the possibility of a spinoff, without hesitation I said, ‘Let’s go.’ To all of our Bosch fans, thank for your incredible support for all these years and I can promise you the ride will only get better!”

Added Connelly, “I am beyond excited by this and I think the fans that have called for more Bosch will be as well. To continue the Harry Bosch story and see him team up with ‘Money’ Chandler will be more than I could have ever wished for…. I can’t wait to get started.”

Bosch‘s seventh and final season will be released this summer on Amazon Prime.

• Like 1

A narrative of Bosch going from being a cop to a private investigator makes sense to me. He's not really about arresting a bad guy but more about finding and correcting injustices. 

I had previously hoped for a Bosch - Goliath crossover series. Season 1 of Goliath not the crap from season 2-3.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

freevee or something like that. Good so far. Only three episodes delivered. Somehow he has the two old retired detective dudes working with him. I guess the lawyer lady pays them for expenses and time? HIs house was red tagged after a quake so he is living at his detective office sleeping on a couch until he fixes it to the satisfaction of the city or something. That is going to take some serious coin.  

14 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

freevee or something like that. Good so far. Only three episodes delivered. Somehow he has the two old retired detective dudes working with him. I guess the lawyer lady pays them for expenses and time? HIs house was red tagged after a quake so he is living at his detective office sleeping on a couch until he fixes it to the satisfaction of the city or something. That is going to take some serious coin.  

4 shows have dropped.  You missed one. 

The earthquake story is from the books.  The house gets rebuilt with a couple of cool mods that come in handy in later books. 

He told Honey that his earthquake coverage may have lapsed, but in the books, the insurance company foots the bill. 

7 hours ago, Scary Stranger said:

So it isn’t mostly about the daughter? That first trailer made is seem like she was going to be driving the story.

No. She is just one of the story lines. She is a rookie cop in training and trying to adjust to the job. The show still concentrates mostly on him. But I really am digging the Honey character and am glad she is playing a more prominent role.

• Like 1

3 episodes in and it's fine.  i miss j edgar, crate & barrel, the cast was better and deeper but we'll see what happens.

Spoiler

couple nitpicky things - the training officer and maddie's fellow boot look very similar - young (ish) latinas, similar builds, bun in hair.  i'm sure that's plenty realistic for east la cops, but it's tough to start out a new show like that.  similarly, there are 2 older rich white dudes with storylines happening, to the point where they were looking at a big house and nice cars and it took a sec to figure out what they were up to.  not a huge deal, just the type of stuff i would rather be clearer this early into a "new" show.

the other thing is the long lost rich guy's baby born in 1953 seemed fairly easy to track down even though he was told a few times how hard it would be (i would think nearly impossible).  guess it was a good thing the girl's name was vibiana and not maria gomez.  the woman who worked at the home for unwed women for 50 years i guess retired 20+ years ago and started working there when she was 18-20 and yet somehow, in her 90's, remembered with remarkable accuracy some important details about this one random childbirth 70 years earlier.  ok.

i understand it's a tv show, but it wouldn't be that hard to have the rich guy be 75 years old and sick, and have the incident happen in the late 60's for a little more realism (assuming the story wouldn't have to change much, i don't know if vietnam is a big part of it).  also i thought it was kinda funny that the pilot ends with a sort of cliffhanger about whether he dies in front of the fireplace, followed immediately by scenes from this season, where we see him alive and talking to harry lol.

bosch is still bosch but i already miss his house.  i'm worried he let his earthquake insurance lapse.

20 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

bosch is still bosch but i already miss his house.  i'm worried he let his earthquake insurance lapse.

Previews showed him going through insurance papers. Have faith.

20 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

3 episodes in and it's fine.  i miss j edgar, crate & barrel, the cast was better and deeper but we'll see what happens.

Reveal hidden contents

couple nitpicky things - the training officer and maddie's fellow boot look very similar - young (ish) latinas, similar builds, bun in hair.  i'm sure that's plenty realistic for east la cops, but it's tough to start out a new show like that.  similarly, there are 2 older rich white dudes with storylines happening, to the point where they were looking at a big house and nice cars and it took a sec to figure out what they were up to.  not a huge deal, just the type of stuff i would rather be clearer this early into a "new" show.

the other thing is the long lost rich guy's baby born in 1953 seemed fairly easy to track down even though he was told a few times how hard it would be (i would think nearly impossible).  guess it was a good thing the girl's name was vibiana and not maria gomez.  the woman who worked at the home for unwed women for 50 years i guess retired 20+ years ago and started working there when she was 18-20 and yet somehow, in her 90's, remembered with remarkable accuracy some important details about this one random childbirth 70 years earlier.  ok.

i understand it's a tv show, but it wouldn't be that hard to have the rich guy be 75 years old and sick, and have the incident happen in the late 60's for a little more realism (assuming the story wouldn't have to change much, i don't know if vietnam is a big part of it).  also i thought it was kinda funny that the pilot ends with a sort of cliffhanger about whether he dies in front of the fireplace, followed immediately by scenes from this season, where we see him alive and talking to harry lol.

As to the timeline, the entire series is off vs. the books.  Book Harry is a Vietnam vet, TV harry post 9-11 vet. 

On 5/14/2022 at 1:41 PM, CooterBrown said:

Still has that same old easy vibe as the old show. I hope they keep make this forever.

One question, who was the chick in the first two episodes who called Honey, mama? I don’t remember her having a daughter.

Neither do I.  We do know that she's divorced. 

13 hours ago, Scary Stranger said:

Semi-related but not deserving of its own thread, has anyone watched Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix?

I've watched the first 4. It's a bit like Bosch as written by David E Kelley (which is what it basically is).   It's a good easy watch. Sure, somethings are a bit nonsensical but it's still very enjoyable and it moves fast AF.

Edited by CooterBrown

On 5/16/2022 at 6:02 AM, CooterBrown said:

I've watched the first 4. It's a bit like Bosch as written by David E Kelley (which is what it basically is).   It's a good easy watch. Sure, somethings are a bit nonsensical but it's still very enjoyable and it moves fast AF.

On 5/15/2022 at 4:22 PM, Scary Stranger said:

Semi-related but not deserving of its own thread, has anyone watched Lincoln Lawyer on Netflix?

Mickey's really got a Ricky Ricardo accent.