aggy take on employer mandating vax

gyroprotagonist

texags thread on a private school mandating someone's daughter to get vaxxed to continue to work there

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3186354

50efxe.jpg

lol at some of the replies

image.png.45d7755c8ff220dec4f65ee130b31e1a.png

image.png.8829e939c45ca9e4ac5a733aafb15484.png

Anyway, aside from some comical responses, there are actually takes on all sides of the issue.  Some stick to the tried and true "don't like it; you are free to GTFO and find a new job".  

It's a good topic tbh.  Personally, I want to get the vax ASAP so hurry the eff up all your 1A and 1B'ers, so a company mandate would not bother me.  But what if I had a son that died right after a vax, so my personal experience was not part of the 99.9% safe vax experience.  I would feel different for sure.  would it be worth finding another job?

• Haha 2

Unless you have a religious exemption or a medical reason, if you job says get it - get it.

And if you are one of those above, I also think your job should take reasonable precaution to keep you safe (i.e., keep working from home) or you should go find a new job that lets you work from home. 

If it's some stupid ass political reason or some dumbass Karen yelling HIPAA - there's the door, goodbye. 

• Hook 'Em 8

Just now, Js1 said:

Unless you have a religious exemption or a medical reason, if you job says get it - get it.

And if you are one of those above, I also think your job should take reasonable precaution to keep you safe (i.e., keep working from home) or you should go find a new job that lets you work from home. 

If it's some stupid ass political reason or some dumbass Karen yelling HIPAA - there's the door, goodbye. 

All of this.

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I think your job would be taking reasonable enough actions to keep you safe by mandating the vaccine.

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

I think your job would be taking reasonable enough actions to keep you safe by mandating the vaccine.

I meant only for the religious exemption/legit medical reason folk who cant get the vaccine.  

Just now, Js1 said:

I meant only for the religious exemption/legit medical reason folk who cant get the vaccine.  

Sure, but if everyone else got the vaccine, you should be fine to come into work. If half of the office has some sort of religious exemption, then god will sort them out as their religion dictates he should.

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If this is anything like mask wearing where I am, they will come up with a bullshit medical exemption. 

For example, what I’ve seen is that people accuse masks of lowering O2 I’m the air inside the mask to like 16% which leads to hypoxia, therefore everyone has a medical exemption. 

i also know a family that is not religious but claim a religious exemption so that their kids can go to public school without the required vaccinations. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

27 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

i also know a family that is not religious but claim a religious exemption so that their kids can go to public school without the required vaccinations. 

They'll get away with it too - there's a 6-3 SCOTUS majority who thinks religion is under attack in America and public health guidelines are the attacker. 

1 minute ago, Hookah Horns said:

I want to hear the argument about why they aren't vaccines. They certainly are not gene therapy. 

Because stupid people.  RNA, dna, they don’t know what it means but they have just enough of a clue from 7th grade life sciences that they think they understand.  

• Hook 'Em 1

The "not a vaccine" argument actually has some slight validity.  The word vaccine is taken from the latin name for cowpox, variolae vaccinae, which was used as the first "vaccine" for smallpox.  Following that, the Covid vaccines aren't vaccines.

But, of course, the term has come to mean any protective inoculation without regard to its mechanism.

Let's say hypothetically there is only one vax, the JnJ one. And let's say you live in Boston and are a big time Catholic. The Catholic church comes out and says it's immoral because the vax was made with cells harvested from aborted babies.

Are you legally protected by claiming you can't get vaxed as a devout Catholic?

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/03/973428720/christian-groups-resist-johnson-johnson-vaccine-for-using-abortion-derived-cells

Serious question/thought experiment on how this would legally work (and I assume that because in reality there are two other options, both of which don't have this problematic aspect, it's a moot point for avoiding the vax entirely if your work is demanding it).

All of these vaccines are using technology that has never before been used in humans. They got emergency use authorization understandably. A novel drug takes an average of 10 years to come to market, and by the time it does there is greater than 5 years of follow up, and you still don’t see the full risk and side effect profile until it is widely in use and sometimes years down the road. Further, not everyone who gets the vaccines will develop sufficient antibodies for protection. Should we test everyone for antibodies and make them carry a card for that as well?

I have absolutely no problem with people refusing these vaccines because the risk is unknown/unknowable at this time. I do not think businesses should be allowed to require employees and patrons to show proof of vaccination status. They can require the unvaccinated to continue masks or even more restrictive PPE, but at some point you have to consider the risk to the individual vs benefit to society

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

how-to-party-or-what.gif

The reason I know this is I was watching John Adams and there's that grody-ass scene where the doc "vaccinates" Abigail and the children with pus from a smallpox victim.

I was like, I don't think that's right.  While I guess maybe some were "inoculating" with smallpox, the real story was use of similar but less deadly cowpox to "vaccinate" against smallpox, and cowpox provided the name vaccine.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Might be frowned upon in a medical facility, but casually mention that he got a courtesy covid vaccination when he arrived, and see how he reacts. Of course if he’s happy about it then you probably need to give him one but based on your story I doubt that’d be the reaction. 

3 hours ago, trauma babe said:

Had an aggy patient the other night. Dude was bored after the storm and really wanted sloppy joes and tater tots as a way to kind of celebrate the weather being over. Decides to actually fry his tots (can't fault him there). Sets the oil on fire, oops. Gets the fire out safe enough, but—and despite having already fallen on his backyard ice earlier in the day— he decides that the oil needs to cool outdoors. So he steps outside with the pot of scalding oil in his arms... Hilarious story short, he burns his genitals and about 50% of the surface area of his legs, and about a sixth of his abdomen with tater tot oil. 

It gets better.

Beyond the norm of what you would assume of an aggy's health history (hypertension, elevated A1c, hyperlipidemia, et al), he had had one prior operation before his series of debridements—think of a cheese grater across your skin, if the burn is bad enough. The op? Having his foot surgically repaired after shooting himself.

Will Jimbo be healed enough in time for football season?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3