Marqez Bimage is in the transfer portal

texifornia

Always happy to see someone who actually did come here to 'play school' have success in that area. Good for him. Still going to get some solid coaching under Wilcox and might fit better in Cal scheme anyway. Just glad this wasn't some kneejerk reaction to all the EOT shit resurfacing this weekend as I initially figured it might be. Sounds like he just had a good opportunity and seized on it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Scipio's thoughts:

Spoiler

Bimage is short and too stiff for edge. During the COVID break, he lost too much weight and lost the strength that allowed him to play inside and excel as a penetrator against interior OL.

Tweener. Wasn't going to happen for him here. Best of luck to him at Cal.

• Hook 'Em 1

Really surprising to me.  I grew up with his dad Willie.  Him playing at Texas was a dream for both Marqez and Willie.  I'm guessing that he didn't fit into the new scheme as well.  Maybe it had something to do with the EoT thing too.  He was the first to Tweet it when the whole thing came out.  I've heard through the grapevine that Sark is gonna be a stickler for having the players stay and sing it.  Maybe he wasn't on board for that.  I do know that in the beginning they were close to Herman and liked him a lot.  Maybe that played into it too.  Don't know.  Not gonna dig.  Marqez is a good kid and his family pushes him to be smart and make the right decisions in the big picture.  I hope that's what this turns out to be.  Best of luck to him.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hairy Biped said:

Really surprising to me.  I grew up with his dad Willie.  Him playing at Texas was a dream for both Marqez and Willie.  I'm guessing that he didn't fit into the new scheme as well.  Maybe it had something to do with the EoT thing too.  He was the first to Tweet it when the whole thing came out.  I've heard through the grapevine that Sark is gonna be a stickler for having the players stay and sing it.  Maybe he wasn't on board for that.  I do know that in the beginning they were close to Herman and liked him a lot.  Maybe that played into it too.  Don't know.  Not gonna dig.  Marqez is a good kid and his family pushes him to be smart and make the right decisions in the big picture.  I hope that's what this turns out to be.  Best of luck to him.

He was accepted to the M.Ed program at Cal

Edited by Machinator

Just now, Machinator said:

He was accepted to the Master of Education program at Cal

I get that, but he could have done grad at Texas too.  I was under the impression that he had 2 more years of eligibility left.  I didn't realize that he had already graduated.  His dad didn't post anything on his social media about it, which is unusual.  Maybe I missed it though.  When you get my age shit all just starts to run together.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Hairy Biped said:

I get that, but he could have done grad at Texas too.  I was under the impression that he had 2 more years of eligibility left.  I didn't realize that he had already graduated.  His dad didn't post anything on his social media about it, which is unusual.  Maybe I missed it though.  When you get my age shit all just starts to run together.

If you're serious about academics, there's a lot of benefits to getting your grad degree at a different school than your undergrad. Especially a school with Berkeley's reputation.

And, probably more germane here, he's going to get more playing time at Cal.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I read on RBR that Alabama LB Ben Davis is grad transferring to Texas. I was looking for confirmation on here. He was a very highly rated recruit coming out of High School. He played for tiny Gordo High School. Very athletic looking guy that just never made the leap in college.

By all accounts he's a great teammate. His dad still holds the career tackling record at Bama. He played '83-'86 and his record is 327.

I wish him well and hope he balls out at UT.

I read on RBR that Alabama LB Ben Davis is grad transferring to Texas. I was looking for confirmation on here. He was a very highly rated recruit coming out of High School. He played for tiny Gordo High School. Very athletic looking guy that just never made the leap in college.
By all accounts he's a great teammate. His dad still holds the career tackling record at Bama. He played '83-'86 and his record is 327.
 I wish him well and hope he balls out at UT.

There’s a transfer thread on the recruiting board, 9.95. And yes, that’s the rumor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're serious about academics, there's a lot of benefits to getting your grad degree at a different school than your undergrad. Especially a school with Berkeley's reputation.
And, probably more germane here, he's going to get more playing time at Cal.

The Germans got nothing to do with it.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I took an interest in his story when Herman was starting to hit the high school coaches and heard a story about him from a high school coach of his.  Graduating with a degree and a letterman's jacket from UT is an accomplishment in and of itself.  Good luck in all your future endeavors Marquez.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

I took an interest in his story when Herman was starting to hit the high school coaches and heard a story about him from a high school coach of his.  Graduating with a degree and a letterman's jacket from UT is an accomplishment in and of itself.  Good luck in all your future endeavors Marquez.

Young man used his head and is setting himself up for a lot of success.  Bright future.  Wish more football players, or athletes in any sports, would take advantage of these opportunities.  Especially since majority will be going pro in something other than sports. Use your God given athleticism to your advantage.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

Lulz at going to grad school the same place you did undergrad. Unless it’s for some incredible one of a kind program that seems pointless.

I never really looked at as a plus or a minus. Had the discussion with a friend involved in the hiring process where I work a few years back, we came to the conclusion that you like it there, and they like you enough to keep you that must be something of a plus.

Once, he was interviewing a female candidate (and prided himself on finding faults or omissions in your resume) She was a strikingly beautiful woman. However, he finds a year unaccounted for on her resume. When he asked her about it she blushes for a moment (he thinks he's found some big fault to focus on) then she takes a deep breath and says "that was the year I was Miss California". Oh, good answer.

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Once, he was interviewing a female candidate (and prided himself on finding faults or omissions in your resume) She was a strikingly beautiful woman. However, he finds a year unaccounted for on her resume. When he asked her about it she blushes for a moment (he thinks he's found some big fault to focus on) then she takes a deep breath and says "that was the year I was Miss California". Oh, good answer.

Soooo, pics?

The same school debate on grad school is one of those things where “it depends.” If your ultimate goal is a PhD and career in academia, its a pretty good idea to diversity. 

If you’re aiming at a masters degree and then entering the workforce, if they’re both good programs no one cares. “I liked it there/I got a nice financial aid package”’ is just fine as an answer. 

On 3/5/2021 at 3:37 PM, 927 E. 41st said:

I never really looked at as a plus or a minus. Had the discussion with a friend involved in the hiring process where I work a few years back, we came to the conclusion that you like it there, and they like you enough to keep you that must be something of a plus.

Not to threadjack, but why would she leave that off her resume?

22 hours ago, shakahorn said:

Not to threadjack, but why would she leave that off her resume?

It was not in any way relevant to the job she was applying for. It was respected and understood why she left it off. The position she was applying for (got) has historically had about 2% females. No matter what anyone has done (and a lot has been tried over the years) the number has stayed almost exactly at 2%.