Colorado Summer Road Trip

fuggled

Reviving to ask a slightly different question, but it's not worthy of a new thread:

What are recommendations for a single-destination spot, preferably served by Southwest Airlines, for family with all adult "children"?  Looking for a good balance of the typical outdoor stuff but with quality dining and beer options.  I know, I'm sure this narrows it down to a couple dozen locations....but thought I'd ask.

Reviving to ask a slightly different question, but it's not worthy of a new thread:
What are recommendations for a single-destination spot, preferably served by Southwest Airlines, for family with all adult "children"?  Looking for a good balance of the typical outdoor stuff but with quality dining and beer options.  I know, I'm sure this narrows it down to a couple dozen locations....but thought I'd ask.

Denver. Drive an hour to Fort Collins to stay and hit up a dozen breweries and weed dispensaries. Good food but not anything fancy if that’s your thing. It’s a quick drive over to RMNP.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Steamboat, Telluride, Vail, Aspen.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

Southwest flies into Montrose for Telluride. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

^^^
Yep, or head east to Gunnison/Crested Butte if you want a more laid back experience at the expense of slightly less spectacular views and less upscale dining/shopping.

And while you're in Montrose don't miss Colorado Boy for pizza and beer.

3 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
4 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

Steamboat, Telluride, Kremmling, Vail, Aspen.

FIFY

15 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

Your best bet would be to fly to Denver and go to Breck.   Not as "expensive "as Vail or Aspen, but not cheap either.    It certainly has the outdoor/dining/beer options and It's not that long of a drive  from Denver International.     The only draw back is if you want to go white water rafting, you will have to drive a distance to to do this.  But they have plenty of outfitters who will pick up your crew and take you to their preferred river.  

• Like 1