Tons of vaccine appoints available at CVS

luke duke

My wife and I both got appts this morning in Plano. Hers for today and mine for Sunday.

It specifically stated we did not need to schedule follow ups so I guess we are getting the one dose shot.

We are both teachers and they had a box to check for that, so that might have helped get us in, or it might not have mattered I don't know.

She had to sit at a busy screen for about 20 minutes first.

Edited by Hawndoh

Their page is under heavy load, like South Austin's mom.  Have to sit in the waiting room for a while.

In the meantime, here's a helpful spreadsheet for those trying to find a place:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSZyqnDgzU1IL291Q5E1tnFIkaf0sWIXD453RrwbDdXXwPmcojKE_qpJqsyp2qGMZ7F68OdcghdYgQi/pubhtml

There is a bot you can sign up for to grab appointments for CVS and HEB.  That's why the appointments go so fast - unless the appointments are in BFE.  I saw the CVS version somewhere, but I can't remember where.  I heard about the HEB version from an HEB pharmacist.

25 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

There is a bot you can sign up for to grab appointments for CVS and HEB.  That's why the appointments go so fast - unless the appointments are in BFE.  I saw the CVS version somewhere, but I can't remember where.  I heard about the HEB version from an HEB pharmacist.

so Ticketmaster is in charge of vaxs now.  what could go wrong?  I'll have to check stubhub and see what the convenience fee is like for a Moderna 40 yard line shot.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5

So if you were to get up at 4:00am on Thursday, what would the scheduling options look like?  I am trying to help some friends get a shot, but the husband is working on a rig until next week.  Are the time slots scattered out throughout the next week?  Trying to figure out if I should do it this Thursday or next.

18 minutes ago, kevwun said:

So if you were to get up at 4:00am on Thursday, what would the scheduling options look like?  I am trying to help some friends get a shot, but the husband is working on a rig until next week.  Are the time slots scattered out throughout the next week?  Trying to figure out if I should do it this Thursday or next.

You can kind of get a glimpse by going through it now.

First, you see which locations have spots, then pick a location and after a bit days and times open.  And if it's high traffic time, the spots will close before you select them.

Theoretically at 4AM, more locations would have spots and once you drill down to the days and times at that location, you would be able to select more freely than at 9 or 10AM.

Also, you can't pick two slots at a time, you'd have to go through the process again for a second person.  

So, I'd do the wife whenever you can and then do the husband for a time when he actually might be available.

Edited by TwiceHorn

19 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Also, you can't pick two slots at a time, you'd have to go through the process again for a second person.  

So, I'd do the wife whenever you can and then do the husband for a time when he actually might be available.

you can sort of do 2 "almost" at a time.  have 2 different browsers (chrome, edge, firefox, etc) open. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Everything full in Texas right now except Borger, which is north of Amarillo.  I'm not technically eligible anyway.  I figure I've got at least a couple of more months before I'll get mine.  

same here.  Wife got her first shot last week, but I bet it will be a while for me unless I lie about underlying conditions.  

No, but there are shots available at HEBs in Odessa and Midland pretty much all of the time.  The subhub in Brenham came through for one of them today, so just have to get the husband scheduled next week if the subhub doesn't come through for him.  I think it will be fairly easy because they are fine with driving a few hours to get his shot.

12 hours ago, kevwun said:

I'm about to tell my friends to take a spring break trip to Odessa next week.  There are consistently shots available there.

You should tell them do it now. A local hospital ceo called me yesterday to see if I wanted some of their vaccine transferred to my store. I couldn’t take any this week because I’m short staffed and could only handle the 100 we are allocated comfortably. 

But there is plenty of vaccine to be had here. 

14 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

if you get the vax in one city and need the 2nd dose, will they let you schedule it in another city?

I don't think so. At least through CVS. Last week got a shot set up in west Texas for the next day and drove over there, got it, and drove back. Next appointment is for early April at the same CVS. They really aren't caring at all about qualifications because the only thing they asked me is name and DOB for that card they give you. Never had to show an ID or insurance card. 

I'd suggest getting it set up for a Thursday or Friday or whatever day you can afford to have the next one to two days off. The rest of Friday wasn't bad except a pretty bad throbbing arm that made it hard to sleep, but Saturday and Sunday were pure fatigue. I just slept for 3-4 hours at a time during the day last weekend and I almost never take naps. 

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Fuck You 2

52 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

I don't think so. At least through CVS. Last week got a shot set up in west Texas for the next day and drove over there, got it, and drove back. Next appointment is for early April at the same CVS. They really aren't caring at all about qualifications because the only thing they asked me is name and DOB for that card they give you. Never had to show an ID or insurance card. 

I'd suggest getting it set up for a Thursday or Friday or whatever day you can afford to have the next one to two days off. The rest of Friday wasn't bad except a pretty bad throbbing arm that made it hard to sleep, but Saturday and Sunday were pure fatigue. I just slept for 3-4 hours at a time during the day last weekend and I almost never take naps. 

We had to take photos of both sides of our IDs and Medicare cards when booking the appointments online, then had to present our IDs when we showed up at the Vax site (FHS at Kelly Reeves Stadium).

Getting my 2nd shot at 11:50 this morning. Mrs. Brat got hers last Friday (Slightly sore shoulder for 3 days).

Edited by Armybrat

@4HEany suggestions on a place to get a 2nd Moderno shot. I can’t make my original 3/14 appointment at CVS and rescheduling has been impossible so far. I’m in Dallas and I’m willing to drive a couple of hours. I’m also probably going to be in the Odessa area at the end of next week or the week after. 

@luke duke HEB has shots available in Odessa all the time right now and they let you specify vaccine type.  You should be able to snag an appointment there pretty easily the day before or the day of.  You can also probably tell them it's your 2nd shot when you get it so they don't schedule another one for you.

Edited by kevwun

22 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Some slots have opened up via CVS. Got Pfizer 1 Saturday in Bay City and the second two weeks from Saturday at the same place. 

Like, right now -- try your luck. 

Aren't you supposed to wait a month between the first and second shot? I would look into whether they'll give you your second shot if you show up and your card that says you got your first shot only two weeks prior.

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

Aren't you supposed to wait a month between the first and second shot? I would look into whether they'll give you your second shot if you show up and your card that says you got your first shot only two weeks prior.

Seems like it autopiloted me to that date two weeks later. 

1 hour ago, luke duke said:

@4HEany suggestions on a place to get a 2nd Moderno shot. I can’t make my original 3/14 appointment at CVS and rescheduling has been impossible so far. I’m in Dallas and I’m willing to drive a couple of hours. I’m also probably going to be in the Odessa area at the end of next week or the week after. 

They are having a drive-thru clinic in Andrews on Saturday March 20th. I’ll have to check on vaccine type on that one. 
Medical Center Hospital in Odessa just moved their operations from Ratliff stadium to their clinics. They mostly have Pfizer but I’ll check with the ceo to see if they have any moderna for you. 
The Andrews County Health Department has been getting Moderna only so I’ll reach out to that director to see if I can get you a dose. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

They really aren't caring at all about qualifications because the only thing they asked me is name and DOB for that card they give you. Never had to show an ID or insurance card. 

Want to know how I know you didn't go to Decatur?  

6 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I woke up a 5 am (on accident) a few days ago and got set up at cvs for Saturday. Pretty easy actually.  Only thing I would have liked is if they let us put in all our information beforehand.  Also I also ready use cvs as my pharmacy I should be in their database 

This is the IT equivalent of yogi berra: "nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded".

4 hours ago, Armybrat said:

We had to take photos of both sides of our IDs and Medicare cards when booking the appointments online, then had to present our IDs when we showed up at the Vax site (FHS at Kelly Reeves Stadium).

Getting my 2nd shot at 11:50 this morning. Mrs. Brat got hers last Friday (Slightly sore shoulder for 3 days).

At the vax site did they ask you to turn your IDs upside-down to match the photos you submitted online?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Access is still restricted, yes?  Knew a couple who just checked 1b and there was zero verification. Got shots. 

Im not willing to cut the line if there are still restrictions in place. 

At least by the time it gets to you there won’t be any wait because everyone will already have theirs.