Tons of vaccine appoints available at CVS

luke duke

When I booked my appointment in Brady, the Walmart called me and rebooked me to a different day twice. Not because they ran out, or didn't get vaccine...but because they didn't have enough appointments booked those days to open a package of vaccine and end up wasting most of it. So if there aren't enough 1Bs looking for a shot to bother opening it, why should I feel bad about getting a spot? Shots in arms as fast as possible is how we get back to normal (and minimize mutations). 

• Hook 'Em 6

Right, you see people in the article saying "I can't find a time" but there are things like this that are available with a bit of a drive or effort. I had originally booked in Marlin before grabbing a spot at HEB in Lockhart. Wife wants the J&J and that's a struggle to find, but there are dozens of Moderna/Pfizer bookings I could have for her in 5 minutes or less. 

52 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Why would she want the JJ more than the others?  Didn’t want two shots?

Yeah, doesn't want to mess with the two shots, feels like the J/J is more responsive to the new variants so less likely to get booster, few less side effects, etc. 

I agree it's not that rational and is irritating, so you don't have to try to convince me of that haha. I think it's reasonable to select it all things else equal. To turn down existing appointments to hold out is pretty 🙄

Edited by TXSooner518

19 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

Yeah, doesn't want to mess with the two shots, feels like the J/J is more responsive to the new variants so less likely to get booster, few less side effects, etc. 

I agree it's not that rational and is irritating, so you don't have to try to convince me of that haha. I think it's reasonable to select it all things else equal. To turn down existing appointments to hold out is pretty 🙄

It's very irrational because JNJ is already doing trials for a 2nd dose.  It's going to end up being a 2 dose shot down the road in order for it to be as effective as Pfizer and Moderna.

Edited by kevwun

36 minutes ago, kevwun said:

It's very irrational because JNJ is already doing trials for a 2nd dose.  It's going to end up being a 2 dose shot down the road in order for it to be as effective as Pfizer and Moderna.

Trust me, it has crossed my mind a few hundred times as I sift through Moderna/Pfizer appointments trying to find one.