Encampment at Austin ‘autonomous zone’ still there Friday despite orders to leave ('Orisha Land'; CouncilLump is mediating)

clapclapclap

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

throw soap and job applications at them

but for real, block out cell phone coverage for the entire park. cut off electricity so they can't charge their cell phones  

If they want to claim autonomy, then they should provide their own power. 

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

but for real, block out cell phone coverage for the entire park. cut off electricity so they can't charge their cell phones  

wasn't that tried a few weeks ago?

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

They really missed the boat on a lot of symbolism by not staging this in Waterloo Park

Well they're not the Austin Benevolent Bikers Association.

Edited by clapclapclap
And the Napoleon Complex already got renamed last summer.

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

I remember Russ talking about Imus saying "Nappy headed hoes" and how he felt really bad about that statement afterwards. 

I remember Imus’ racial fiasco well. 
But my “Nappy” is a double entendre which referenced Monsieur Bonaparte who infamously was reputed to have written some lines (in a letter) using his ho’s butt for a writing “table” prior to his Waterloo. 

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

There's a big homeless camp burning down right by the Warehouse on Ben White. Huge 30 foot flames. Y'all in south Austin can prob see the smoke. Wonder if someone torched it. Looks like it's quite the encampment. Or was.

anyone have eyes on chickensandwich? /s

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

There's a big homeless camp burning down right by the Warehouse on Ben White. Huge 30 foot flames. Y'all in south Austin can prob see the smoke. Wonder if someone torched it. Looks like it's quite the encampment. Or was.

The warehouse? The Habitat For Humanity location at South First?

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Please...you know the people living under there had their Sunday cookout get out of control.

Gee, driest conditions we've had in several months.  Antiquated electronics, grills, propane tanks, dozens of appliances and devices plugged into one surge protector extension running off that TXDoT service panel down there, and enough wood and cardboard to reboot Wicker Man, on a dry, sunny day with gusts.....add in an oblivious group of people with mental illness, under heavy influence of drugs and alcohol leaving flammables in bad places.  

I know many of you think this is somehow the fault of middle-class Austin and zoning laws.  But typically fires start differently.  

Just release the body cam footage of every officer that was there. There's a simple way to prove you aren't covering up for corrupt murderous cops. And that proof is needed as you've lost all benefit of the doubt with previous corruption and cold blooded murders by cops. 

Should be standard procedure for every shooting or case where serious harm came as a result of police action. Shouldn't even be at their discretion, it should be automatic.  

• Fuck You 2

3 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

Just release the body cam footage of every officer that was there. There's a simple way to prove you aren't covering up for corrupt murderous cops. And that proof is needed as you've lost all benefit of the doubt with previous corruption and cold blooded murders by cops. 

Should be standard procedure for every shooting or case where serious harm came as a result of police action. Shouldn't even be at their discretion, it should be automatic.  

Do you even section 552.108(a)(1) Texas Government Code Bro? 

On 3/7/2021 at 7:51 PM, StruggleBus said:

Austin is fucking disgusting these days. Sad, because I’ve always loved the place. But driving through now I’m glad I moved away.

I hadn’t been to Austin in a year or so despite living 20 minutes away. Had to go downtown for a meeting a couple weeks back, I was amazed at what a shithole it’s become.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/7/2021 at 9:51 AM, BradInATX said:

It's not a "fire", it's just a bunch of molecules experiencing agitation.

See, it's all good!

Edited by Cajun
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

I hadn’t been to Austin in a year or so despite living 20 minutes away. Had to go downtown for a meeting a couple weeks back, I was amazed at what a shithole it’s become.

Oh, now you've done it.  He's coming...

iu-7.jpeg