Texas @ Houston Weekend Series

zlavydra

1 minute ago, troph said:

Shitballs. 

if this is the team DP wants to compete with I don’t want to see the team he’s worried about. 

It's good that we're mostly dookystomping our weak opponents.  Most of our recent poor teams haven't done that.

It's not so good that we can barely beat a UH and can't even sniff beating a top 10 team.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Fletch said:

It’s been this way since Mark Payton left. Well, excluding Kody going full video game mode 

Well those teams weren’t that good on offense either. Pitching and defense with a couple of playmakers but never the team that could out score another if pitching was off. I’m super tired of solid pitching performances turning to losses because the pitching isn’t absolutely perfect. Fuck guys. Only one day removed from a complete game shut out and we only won that by one run. Wtf?

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, troph said:

Well those teams weren’t that good on offense either. Pitching and defense with a couple of playmakers but never the team that could out score another if pitching was off. I’m super tired of solid pitching performances turning to losses because the pitching isn’t absolutely perfect. Fuck guys. Only one day removed from a complete game shut out and we only won that by one run. Wtf?

Yeah I know. The last truly elite team we had was in 2010. The fuck happened? How the hell did we go from Cameron Rupp and Brandon Belt and Kevin Keyes to Michael McCann and Jake McKenzie and Tate Shaw?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yeah I know. The last truly elite team we had was in 2010. The fuck happened? How the hell did we go from Cameron Rupp and Brandon Belt and Kevin Keyes to Michael McCann and Jake McKenzie and Tate Shaw?

Augie lost his fastball and Pierce hasn't really had one that I've seen since getting here.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Zubia was 0-6. This shouldn't be happening for a veteran guy with the bat he has. 

I'm not sold that Pierce can develop hitters. Literally look lost at the. plate at time. 

Strange thing is that it is almost identical to what we saw from end-stage Augie.  A lot (most? all?) of us attributed that to Harmon getting lazy with recruiting and then being replaced with Nicholson, but I suppose there was a development aspect to it as well.

Recruiting has perked up some, it seems, but it also seems like the same ol shit.

The one thing it does correlate to for sure is when they took the air out of the bats.  We went completely in the shitter offensively after that and have never crawled out, despite the ball being adjusted, DIsch-Falk, etc.

Edited by TwiceHorn

3 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Zubia was 0-6. This shouldn't be happening for a veteran guy with the bat he has. 

I'm not sold that Pierce can develop hitters. Literally look lost at the. plate at time. 

Haven’t been able to watch much this year are we at least done lip-synching Lionel Richie’s Ballerina Girl at the plate?  

2017 we show major improvement over 2015 and 16. We all know what happened in 2018. I can’t explain 2019. Started off hot then just completely lost confidence. We looked alright last year thanks to having an above average catcher and shortstop. Looks like more of the same this year. Granted in Pierce’s first 2 years we started off like 12-10 or whatever then heated up come conference play. Fuck idk. It is really obvious Pierce loves running up opposing pitch counts based on how many meatballs we just watch go by then swing at a telegraphed curve in the dirt. God dammit just fuck everything 

9 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

I’m not particularly sold either, but the Clemens brothers both improved significantly under him. Same with David Hamilton. Other than that, idk. Zubia and Todd look the exact fucking same as they did as freshman and that was like 10 years ago 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I’m not particularly sold either, but the Clemens brothers both improved significantly under him. Same with David Hamilton. Other than that, idk. Zubia and Todd look the exact fucking same as they did as freshman and that was like 10 years ago 

so is this where you tell me I have shitty baseball takes? yeah we looked good for a few games against BYU as predicted.  typical Pierce.  Clemens doesn't count.  you don't think they had their own hitting coaches?

This was as predictable as the sun rising.

14 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

so is this where you tell me I have shitty baseball takes? yeah we looked good for a few games against BYU as predicted.  typical Pierce.  Clemens doesn't count.  you don't think they had their own hitting coaches?

This was as predictable as the sun rising.

Have I ever told you you have shitty baseball takes? Honestly don’t remember. Ok sure. The Clemens brothers definitely had some extra help but they still kind of sucked until Pierce got here. But yeah all these guys are his recruits beside Todd and we can’t hit a beach ball. 2017 and 18 were refreshing cause we were that fucking bad in 2015 and 16. We’re “young” but not get clobbered in Arlington, drop a game to byu and cougar high young. Assuming we don’t pull a 2018 and get hot in conference, go buy Corbin or Pat Casey or Jay Johnson