Need a key for Windows 10 Home.

Long story short, my son (Monster)... his friend's Dad is building a computer for Monster apparently from leftover parts.

I need to get a key for Win10.  Is the process easy & similar & are prices comparable from NewEgg, Cet, Amazon, eBay, etc?  N00b on those details, so...

& For those who are curious:

Intel Core-i7 (8 cores... whatever that means) @ 2.66 GHz

24 GB Ram

Kingston HyperX 256GB SSD

DVD recorder

GeForce GTX 285 video card (upgrade possible)

850w power supply

Also providing a 22" monitor

Says the vid card is fine for RoBlox & similar titles; Monster is mostly wanting FPS'ers like Rainbow Six, CoD, Halo type games, etc.

Anyhow... need that license.  Should I go direct to MicroSoft?  Any of y'all with a spare license key that wants to sell me one, send a PM & we can work out a Zelle or Venmo transfer, etc.

I won't hang up, however I will listen.

ThxBaiNow

PFAOffice Space turns 20: How the film changed the way we work - BBC Worklife

On 3/5/2021 at 7:13 PM, pearlandhorn said:

Kinguin. Google it.

This, get pro.  I got one a year ago and have had no problems.  FYI, these are excess bulk licenses, you may have to call Microsoft for validation.  I had to, took 10 min, not a big deal.

• 1 month later...
So what's the computer going to cost, not including the monitor.
Computer was free.

The Dad built err'thang from parts he had on hand. I doubt my son had to allow a reach around 'cause he woulda done tol' me bouts dat.

& Kinguin sucks. Their site kept cancelling my order & OF COURSE there is no actual way to get a human, whether chat (takes you to a FAQ bot) or even bitching @ them via Book o Faces or the Twits.

I forgot the site, but ended up paying $ 29.00 for the EULA.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

On 4/16/2021 at 6:35 AM, pacman said:

Have your friend put linux mint on their unless your son really wants windows for some reason.

I'm using the desktop dealio RN... he wanted this rig to play CoD, Rainbow 6, etc.  Linus apparently isn't quite so spiffy for those things.

On 4/18/2021 at 2:44 PM, rage-a-holic said:

The Windows 10 free upgrade program still works. If you have a legit copy of W7 or 8, just install that, activate it and do a free W10 upgrade.

Please explain it to me like I'm a roofing & restoration contractor.

Also, the license was for his new desktop.  The license I have would be for the currently borked Notebook (DeLL) that has bad sectors... but that's an entirely different thread on that BSoD'd computer.

On 4/20/2021 at 1:04 PM, ROFL BOX said:

Please explain it to me like I'm a roofing & restoration contractor.

Also, the license was for his new desktop.  The license I have would be for the currently borked Notebook (DeLL) that has bad sectors... but that's an entirely different thread on that BSoD'd computer.

If you have a Windows 7 Install Disc with license:

1. Install Windows 7 from disc
  2. Do a free upgrade to Windows 10 - https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows

If you have a legit key for Windows 7, but no disc:

1. Download Windows 7 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7
  2. Burn Win 7 to a disc (or USB key)
  3. Install Win 7
  4. Do a free upgrade to Windows 10 - https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/