Stephen King's (and Peter Straub's) The Talisman coming to Netflix

mchookem

and Steven Spielberg is on deck!

https://io9.gizmodo.com/steven-spielberg-and-the-duffer-brothers-will-take-on-s-1846422004/amp

Spielberg is great. Netflix produces quality shows. i've never seen Stranger Things but have heard nothing but positives.

The Talisman is a long slog...but damn if it's not one helluva story, with one of the top 5 most memorable King characters ever in Wolf. 

biggest drawback...this particular story seems almost impossible to translate to film. i mean...the flipping itself, the boys home and the heartbreak of Wolf, the weird creepy train ride across the 'badlands'...quite the challenge...but i like who's gonna try for once. 

Edited by mchookem
added Peter Straub to title!

I probably haven't thought about that book in 35 years. I'm pretty sure I got it as an xmas gift or something. Didn't he write it with another author? Dean Koontz?

I'm scraping my brain on this but honestly can only remember one of the characters was a mother and former actress. "The queen of the B's." I don't remember a thing about the plot.

On 3/7/2021 at 2:49 PM, atomheartbevo said:

This is awesome, because it's another Stephen King book I have sitting on my shelf, that I've never read!

Get off your ass and read this book! It is much more adventure story than horror story even with all the "Kinging" of it. I've read it 3 times and each time was better than before. I read it and wish I could have read it with my eyes closed because of the visuals my mind created taking in the text.

I can't wait for this but almost feel like I'll be disappointed after picturing it I'm my mind so many times, but I'll watch anyways

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/7/2021 at 2:49 PM, atomheartbevo said:

This is awesome, because it's another Stephen King book I have sitting on my shelf, that I've never read!

Start reading it. It is one of the best from King.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

I probably haven't thought about that book in 35 years. I'm pretty sure I got it as an xmas gift or something. Didn't he write it with another author? Dean Koontz?

I'm scraping my brain on this but honestly can only remember one of the characters was a mother and former actress. "The queen of the B's." I don't remember a thing about the plot.

you are right, i should correct the title - he wrote it with Peter Straub.

• mchookem changed the title to Stephen King's (and Peter Straub's) The Talisman coming to Netflix