The only time I've ever wished to be in a Bed Bath & Beyond

Beau Vine

1 hour ago, hookem48 said:

so did the bitch throw something at the employee to start that?

Looks like a candle flying out of the picture at the beginning of the video -- I'm going to assume Karen whipped it at the employee's head and seriously miscalculated how much shit they were willing to put up with. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I am really surprised we havent seen an epic shitload of these types of videos over the last year.   I know we have seen a few of these, but i am really surprised its not been a daily event. 

So many fucking people acting like assholes and hyper entitiled and yelling at the employees enforcing whatever policy they have been asked to enfore that entitled people dont agree with and they scream at the employees that they dont agree with them.

and the employees (many of them worried about their own health), they HAVE to work to keep their jobs, making just a little over minimum wage and some cunt of a Karen (or whatever the male version is) finally causes them to lose their shit. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

I never bothered to read the fine print of all those coupons we get from Bath & Body Works, Bed Bath & Beyond, et. al. 

"20% of One Regular Priced Item.  (matronly upper arms and/or tube tops required at time of purchase)"

19 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Does that big chick have any eligibility? Prototype 3-technique, great hands, footwork use use some work but I gotta think she's a raw prospect. 

Professional Women's Rugby. That's a prop - or maybe a second row.  (And thanks to the rugby forwards out there everywhere protecting inside-centers and fly-half's.) 

_99650468_konkel_sns.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Hook 'Em 1

i really wish we as a society were allowed to slap the stupid out of people like that and not end up getting fired/ sued.

you instigate a fight like that, and after all hell breaks someone decides to backhand you at full power- tough shit.    you got exactly what you deserved.

bonus if you are a cunty woman and you've abused a female employee... the employee is allowed to slap the shit out of you without reprocusions.

maybe if we allowed that people would start fucking behaving around others again.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Bath and Body works is going end up paying that lady some good coin because of this.   Regardless if she started the fire.   

There are some many violations of their handbook I bet that even a mediocre attorney can win this without trying if BBW decides to go that route.  As an employer I would sympathize with these gals having to put up with this, but you never go on the attack like this and then turn into a beat down.    Why wasn't the Mall Cop called in as soon as the back and forth arguing started would be the first question asked by a Plaintiff's attorney.    And if they say they never attempted to call security... well they are cooked.  

4 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Bath and Body works is going end up paying that lady some good coin because of this.   Regardless if she started the fire.   

There are some many violations of their handbook I bet that even a mediocre attorney can win this without trying if BBW decides to go that route.  As an employer I would sympathize with these gals having to put up with this, but you never go on the attack like this and then turn into a beat down.    Why wasn't the Mall Cop called in as soon as the back and forth arguing started would be the first question asked by a Plaintiff's attorney.    And if they say they never attempted to call security... well they are cooked.  

Yeah, as a litigation attorney I disagree. I could see counter-claims for assault etc against anti-mask Karen. Perhaps it has some nuisance suit value, but why would any non-hack attorney waste litigation expenses on taking this through the litigation process and ultimately to trial knowing there's a high probability a jury would come back in 5 minutes in favor of BB&B? 

Edited by Orale
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam Lin said:

This was one reply. I had to snip it and laugh. If everyone around you is an asshole...

1699792298_azracist.JPG.753197469d27d2c5e647c65a51edc356.JPG

In 2007 I visited a very-brown female friend in Phoenix who was temporarily living there. We went to a grocery store and people were openly avoiding her.

7 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Yeah, if I can get that job, I can get another.  Not putting up with Karen's shit for reals.  Legal ramifications on the personal level?  Pffft.  Bring it on.

My approach to my part time job in high school/ college wasn't quite the same as it has been throughout my professional career.

In Fast Times at ridgemont high, the customer calls brad a moron, brad replies that if he doesn’t shut up he’s going to kick his ass. Brad gets fired for threatening violence. I understand that employers don’t want employees to decide when it’s ever appropriate to talk back to customers and definitely not to fight customers but that doesn’t give customers a free license to verbally or physically abuse an employee.

Some people need a smack to the face to teach them a lesson. It’s also not smart to say shit to people earning minimum wage or close to it. They don’t have much to lose.

3 hours ago, Orale said:

Yeah, as a litigation attorney I disagree. I could see counter-claims for assault etc against anti-mask Karen. Perhaps it has some nuisance suit value, but why would any non-hack attorney waste litigation expenses on taking this through the litigation process and ultimately to trial knowing there's a high probability a jury would come back in 5 minutes in favor of BB&B? 

Discovery will probably cost BBB $50K in legal fees although since they aren't a mom and pop, they probably already have some bored attorneys on staff to help mitigate costs. Bad publicity for BBB will cost much more than that. So BBB would be much better off settling for $75K, giving the attacker's attorney $35K in profit and the attacker $40K in profit. BBB will tie it up for awhile and waste time and money before settling, though.

24 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Discovery will probably cost BBB $50K in legal fees although since they aren't a mom and pop, they probably already have some bored attorneys on staff to help mitigate costs. Bad publicity for BBB will cost much more than that. So BBB would be much better off settling for $75K, giving the attacker's attorney $35K in profit and the attacker $40K in profit. BBB will tie it up for awhile and waste time and money before settling, though.

Hopefully that isn't the path that is followed. I would be happy to sit on a jury and give a plaintiff nothing if they started the argument/fight in the video. And honesty, I wouldn't even care what the law said in this manner.  At some level, "Don't start nothing, won't be nothing" trumps the law. Let the judge's instructions to the jury get tossed in the trash can.

10 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

i really wish we as a society were allowed to slap the stupid out of people like that and not end up getting fired/ sued.

you instigate a fight like that, and after all hell breaks someone decides to backhand you at full power- tough shit.    you got exactly what you deserved.

bonus if you are a cunty woman and you've abused a female employee... the employee is allowed to slap the shit out of you without reprocusions.

maybe if we allowed that people would start fucking behaving around others again.  

Read this in Ron White’s voice.  

5 hours ago, Orale said:

Seems like at least a few people on the jury would have worked retail, and would love to have smacked a Karen down. 

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

It will be interesting to see what the store cameras caught.  If BBB settles a court case quickly, this would probably be a good sign the store cameras caught stuff that wasn't caught by the Twitter world.  And that's kind of par for the course with other things that have gone viral on social media over the years since it's become the judge and jury of the times.  Pre social media days and 24 hour news cycle, this would be settled tomorrow.   Now the Twitter verse has the two customers on the crap list, so if I'm one of them I'm thinking what do I have to lose and go big.   Especially if I know the store cameras will catch as Paul Harvey used to say ... "the rest of the story."  

As someone who has been in business for decades in South Texas which is an area  pretty well known for some wild litigation activity, I've seen stuff on the face of it that should have been thrown out of court, but got settled and vice versa.