Meg and Harry interviewed by Oprah on CBS

immamac

36 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

have you considered that prince harry is attracted to meghan markle for her personality?

The sooner you accept that you and your looks, personality, intelligence, and kindness are not special— and the corollary, that no one else really is either—- dating and relationships will be much more manageable and you will make better decisions. 

I will hang up and listen for Fields Medal Winners, Sistine Chapel painters, etc. But not for royals and basic cable starlets. 

I haven’t followed any of this, but I thought they left the royal life because they wanted out of the spotlight and wanted to be normal people. I guess that’s wrong because if so why move to Hollywood and go on Oprah?

My guess is we’ll see her jockey her way in to politics. /noCR

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

I haven’t followed any of this, but I thought they left the royal life because they wanted out of the spotlight and wanted to be normal people. I guess that’s wrong because if so why move to Hollywood and go on Oprah?

I'm with you and know absolutely nothing about them other than they wanted to get out of the spotlight and live a normal life. From the comments above, they seem like they want to make money the American way like the Kardashians, etc. The interview seems like a way to keep themselves relevant.

Who knows what to believe. They have money so the security thing sounds like BS  IMO. I have no doubts there was some racism going on, and maybe a bit of anti colonialism/anti Americanism/anti commoner as well, from those who run the firm. 

I do believe if Harry really loves his wife the tragedy with his mother has been front, and center in his mind. He referenced it several times.

Charles is, and always has been a twat nozzle IMO if only because of what he allowed to happen to Dianna.  The queen, and queen mother have lived a life of service in a gilded cage, and paid the price for it emotionally I believe.  

It was good to hear William say he had a great relationship with his grandmother, which makes some of what allegedly happened to them a bit bizarre. Did she just sit back, and let it happen ?  She's the friggin' queen. Off with their heads, we are not amused, to the tower, and all that shit.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I'm with you and know absolutely nothing about them other than they wanted to get out of the spotlight and live a normal life. From the comments above, they seem like they want to make money the American way like the Kardashians, etc. The interview seems like a way to keep themselves relevant.

Relevant = earnings.

part of the problems seem to be lack of communication among some of the family members. Charles came across as very supportive of Meghan early on. Didn’t he walk her down the aisle or something like that when her dad bowed out of the wedding. I also imagine that there is a large internal group of lifetime employees within the royal family structure that are a pain in the ass and help perpetuate gossip.

One complaint seems to be with their sons lack of a title. From a quick read, titles for grandchildren of the monarch are hit and miss. Not all of Queen Elizabeth’s grandkids are princes/princesses. Only 4 are. The others are not. Should Charles have all of grandkids be prince or princesses? It doesn’t even have to be decided today since he’s not the monarch. Harry’s son could have been elevated at a later date.  Doubtful it will happen now.

Feels like Meghan wasn’t ready to give up being an actress. Moving to Hollywood, having Harry solicit producers on the red carpet to hire his wife point to her intentions.  

She loved being famous and had a taste on USA but was firmly at the lower levels. Becoming a princess is a whole new level of fame and attention but comes with baggage. Definitely some narcissism, but that’s standard in Hollywood. 

It’s not unbelievable to think that she thought she could continue to do both and this was the way out. Little dash of victimhood goes a long way in America, do Oprah and away we go. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

One complaint seems to be with their sons lack of a title. From a quick read, titles for grandchildren of the monarch are hit and miss. Not all of Queen Elizabeth’s grandkids are princes/princesses. Only 4 are. The others are not. Should Charles have all of grandkids be prince or princesses? It doesn’t even have to be decided today since he’s not the monarch. Harry’s son could have been elevated at a later date.  Doubtful it will happen now.

Who gets what titles, what is inherited and what is not . . .Americans including me have no clue how that shit works and aren’t going to go find out. I’m sure there’s a flowchart.  Seems to me like a line designed to induce a gasp but who knows what the SOP is. We all operate off of the storybook principle that Kings and Queens’ have princes and princesses who then have princelings?

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

My guess is we’ll see her jockey her way in to politics. /noCR

before politics:  Clubhouse, Patreon, and Revlon licensing deals.

C lister who found a way to move to the A list and then realized the path she chose involved a bunch of shit she had no interest in.  She coordinated a way out and is now exactly where she wants to be.  Living the A list life in SoCal without any of the dreary day-to-day responsibilities of the royal family.  All she has to worry about now is Harry throwing himself off a cliff.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

This has been an enjoyable diversion from the typical heavier shit going on.  Very much looking forward to the RF's counter offensive.

A couple of things, very well played by Oprah and Meghan to showcase those side by side headlines on Kate and Meghan, respectively, eating avocados when pregnant. Based on that blatant example of bias there were able to give the impression that all Meghan headlines were hogwash, and that she was sitting innocent and bored in her palace room while horrid stories were being made up about her with the RF providing implicit if not explicit support of same.  I just don't buy that.

I also don't buy that the Queen would allow her grandson to be unprotected by security.  There is more to that story.

Meghan invited a bunch of Hollywood A-listers to her wedding who she never met.  What does that tell you about her personality and intentions with this marriage?

2 minutes ago, Wade said:

This has been an enjoyable diversion from the typical heavier shit going on.  Very much looking forward to the RF's counter offensive.

A couple of things, very well played by Oprah and Meghan to showcase those side by side headlines on Kate and Meghan, respectively, eating avocados when pregnant. Based on that blatant example of bias there were able to give the impression that all Meghan headlines were hogwash, and that she was sitting innocent and bored in her palace room while horrid stories were being made up about her with the RF providing implicit if not explicit support of same.  I just don't buy that.

I also don't buy that the Queen would allow her grandson to be unprotected by security.  There is more to that story.

Meghan invited a bunch of Hollywood A-listers to her wedding who she never met.  What does that tell you about her personality and intentions with this marriage?

Look I'm not trying to defend meg here, but what the fuck do you know about her personal relationships with these people? This whole "she's a c list clout chaser" narrative is a really fucking weird take as a first conclusion. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

She came across as whiny and didnt improve her standing as anything such. The part, I can't believe the monarch isn't going to provide security even though we bought a $15 million dollar mansion down the road from Oprah was laughable.

Also complaining about her kids not being Prince or Princesses was stupid. They made the choice to no longer want the public duties that come with being part  of the Royal Family. 

My Brit friend (she’s 70 - no pics) made these comments this morning:

I've just read the reviews about the interview. I don't think I will be watching it. 
One thing which does ring true is the isolation which Meghan felt. Diana had the same complaint, and the programme The Crown shows it very clearly. But Meghan is already a celebrity figure, used to all that entails. Did she think it was just going to be an entitlement as a Royal, that there would not be a price to pay? Oy Vey! You're right, the Wedding should have been a quiet affair at Windsor if she didn't want the attention.  Fortunately she will never become Queen, she would be known as "Megan the Moaner". She will not be remembered for her colour, but she will be remembered for the rift she has caused in the Royal Family. 
 She is the one who constantly references her colour.  Our Royal family has many gene pools all over the world, thanks to Victoria, and we all love Phil the Greek! Meghan should follow her mum's example of grace and discretion. If they want anonymity they should stop courting publicity. 
Grrrrrrrrrrrr. 

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Look I'm not trying to defend meg here, but what the fuck do you know about her personal relationships with these people? This whole "she's a c list clout chaser" narrative is a really fucking weird take as a first conclusion. 

Well, actually you are defending her, quite vigorously.  And with no more (and I'm pretty sure less because you are going off one tilted interview done by the best in the business and forming narratives) information on the whole thing than me.  Am I not allowed to formulate and offer an opinion based on what I've read about this thing ?

2 minutes ago, Wade said:

Well, actually you are defending her, quite vigorously.  And with no more (and I'm pretty sure less because you are going off one tilted interview done by the best in the business and forming narratives) information on the whole thing than me.  Am I not allowed to formulate and offer an opinion based on what I've read about this thing ?

Not jumping to conclusions isn't defending. I'm calling people out who are just blatantly drawing conclusions with absolutely nothing to base those conclusions on. I know using your brain is hard, but you should try it some time. 

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Not jumping to conclusions isn't defending. I'm calling people out who are just blatantly drawing conclusions with absolutely nothing to base those conclusions on. I know using your brain is hard, but you should try it some time. 

You just being silly.  Your argument is that if you weren't there personally you can't know for sure and can't form an opinion.  It's a classic defense mechanism of a side one has chosen.  And you chose based on a one-sided emotional interview with the best in the business at manipulating narratives.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Wade said:

You just being silly.  Your argument is that if you weren't there personally you can't know for sure and can't form an opinion.  It's a classic defense mechanism of a side one has chosen.  And you chose based on a one-sided emotional interview with the best in the business at manipulating narratives.

Oh right sure thing. I said the whole thing is crazy. Then I said this was crazy and she must be an enchantress, yet here you are telling me I'm just white knighting. 

I'm just not making baseless claims. That's not a "classic defense mechanism" that's using my brain. 

Since I don't mind delving into people's psyche when I know nothing of them or the situation, I can see that Harry (& probably William) have feelings that their dad did little to support their mom when the British press attacked her. Harry could easily become even more protective and annoyed when the press started in on his wife. He even could have been overly sensitive to the issue not that I would blame. Hell, the press literally chased his mom to her death. 

49 minutes ago, Wade said:

Who did they invite that they didn't know? Perhaps the A-lister was a guest of a invitee, or a friend of the royal family. I don't think it's unheard of for large weddings to include guests that the wedding couple don't know but rather their family wanted the person invited.

From a quick google search, I don't see that many names on this list that are A-listers. https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2018/05/19/royal-wedding-who-attended-prince-harry-meghan-markle-wedding/625606002/ It's also not hard to believe that Harry isn't friendly with some very famous people even more than Meghan.  The Hollywood people at their wedding mainly seemed to be either British folks or her castmates from her USA Network show, who are all c-list at best.  It could have been easy to drop her old castmates as most of them will have careers that fade away.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

Meghan isn’t ugly, she just has to compete against Kate. Tough break for her. 

Anyway, I sat down to watch this thing in hopes of getting some action before bed. After about 20 minutes of them discuss who made who cry over a flower girl dress, I knew it wasn’t gonna happen and I got the fuck out of there. What’s so interesting about these people? I just don’t get it. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Anyway, I sat down to watch this thing in hopes of getting some action before bed. After about 20 minutes of them discuss who made who cry over a flower girl dress, I knew it wasn’t gonna happen and I got the fuck out of there. What’s so interesting about these people? I just don’t get it. 

Well, I couldn't give a shit about them and you couldn't give a shit about them yet we are both posting on the subject. I think that says something.

5 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Nothing, that's why it's crazy that they were fucking with her and basically compelling her to suicide. It's not the people that make this interesting, it's the situation they have created which is absurdly toxic for absolutely no reason at all. 

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

Nothing, that's why it's crazy that they were fucking with her and basically compelling her to suicide. It's not the people that make this interesting, it's the situation they have created which is absurdly toxic for absolutely no reason at all. 

I guess I can understand a family rife with inbreeding being nervous about individuals outside their gene pool. Hopefully this is a warning to other Americans, stay the fuck away from that family. 

I know these people are super privileged. But it's always like, a no win for Meg/Harry. "Oh you're part of the royal family shut up how bad can your problems be?"

Then when they leave the royal family to do what makes them happy it's like, "wow, what a couple of idiots for leaving all that behind".

Idk. Kinda just seems like we always harp on how people are pieces of shit who do anything for money. Then when someone actually does something that isn't in their best financial interest to be happy we all say wow what a moron/crazy person.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I guess I can understand a family rife with inbreeding being nervous about individuals outside their gene pool. Hopefully this is a warning to other Americans, stay the fuck away from that family. 

don't marry a peasant.  someone already on the inside knows what they're getting in to. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

My Brit friend (she’s 70 - no pics) made these comments this morning:

She is the one who constantly references her colour.  Our Royal family has many gene pools all over the world, thanks to Victoria, and we all love Phil the Greek!

I have to use this sometime.

I’m not racist.  I have a Greek friend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I don't believe that Phillip has even a drop of Greek blood.  His grandfather was the King of Greece, but he was actually Danish and was chosen to be the King as a compromise between Greece and the Great Powers.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

this thread went exactly how i thought it'd go.

this is a family which is protecting a child predator. but meghan is the "bad" guy.

Yea, it's pretty hilarious...... The Royal Family is silly and obsolete, they've also proved to be stiff, ugly, and insensitive, but let's rip on the two folks who have seemed to extricate themselves.... Let's face it, all of those fuckers are in the Sunken place.  Some get out, some don't. 

47 minutes ago, immamac said:

Having suicidal thoughts is horrible and no one should suffer it. If someone confides that in you and you respond some other way than “let me try to secure help for you,” you’re a truly shitty human.

But although suicidal people frame the issue as others “making/compelling” them to do it, that’s usually not what is happening. 

I didn’t watch, did Oprah follow up, even gently on this bombshell?  Did Markle tell Harry her thoughts and did he tell the courtier to toss off? Did she call any of the people she’s close to to let them know how helpless she felt? Did she get the treatment she needed eventually? 

Megan and Harry are adults with agency and resources far beyond most people’s wildest dreams. 

I'm not a psychiatrist but I have had the not so pleasant experience of marrying into a whole family of cluster B personality disorders.

Here's the basic MO: 1) must be center of attention at all times, 2) always plays the victim, it's always someone picking on them, and 3) isolate your narcissistic supply (i.e. partner) from all prior support groups, family, friends and hobbies.

Call it jumping to conclusions all you want but every mannerism and action reminds me of my ex in-laws. Now mix that with a bunch of entitled in breds that have had their asses kissed their whole life and we get endless entertainment.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1