Meg and Harry interviewed by Oprah on CBS

immamac

Dumped by Spotify after people realizing they're not that interesting when you get past the story of them being royals.  Great quote by Bill Simmons below.  I thought they would make legit money over here though endorsement deals, some acting, and maybe producing behind the camera.  Problem with that is you need some in front of the camera time to pull that off.  (Reese Witherspoon.)  Markle could make $10-$15M per movie and another $15-$20M in endorsement for cosmetics lines and shit like that.

Also, they seem to be bleeding money.  The house in Monecito is ridiculous and while celebs in American can make big money, it takes some work and some effort.  Them going broke, getting divorced and him moving back in with mom and dad would be delicious.  Pussy = undefeated.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were branded “lazy” and “f–king grifters” by Spotify employees Friday after the podcasting network canned their $20 million deal.

Bill Simmons, the sportscaster who is also head of Spotify’s international sports content, said on his own podcast, “’The f–king grifters.’ That’s the podcast we shoulda launched with them.” 

https://pagesix.com/2023/06/16/spotify-meghan-and-harry-are-lazy-f-king-grifters/

On 6/17/2023 at 5:47 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

Dumped by Spotify after people realizing they're not that interesting when you get past the story of them being royals.  Great quote by Bill Simmons below.  I thought they would make legit money over here though endorsement deals, some acting, and maybe producing behind the camera.  Problem with that is you need some in front of the camera time to pull that off.  (Reese Witherspoon.)  Markle could make $10-$15M per movie and another $15-$20M in endorsement for cosmetics lines and shit like that.

Also, they seem to be bleeding money.  The house in Monecito is ridiculous and while celebs in American can make big money, it takes some work and some effort.  Them going broke, getting divorced and him moving back in with mom and dad would be delicious.  Pussy = undefeated.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were branded “lazy” and “f–king grifters” by Spotify employees Friday after the podcasting network canned their $20 million deal.

Bill Simmons, the sportscaster who is also head of Spotify’s international sports content, said on his own podcast, “’The f–king grifters.’ That’s the podcast we shoulda launched with them.” 

https://pagesix.com/2023/06/16/spotify-meghan-and-harry-are-lazy-f-king-grifters/

Doubtful that Simmons would have said this unless Spotify was ok with him saying it.

$20m per year but they've only developed 12 hours of content over 2+ years. You would assume there are some minimums required and that Spotify would take the lead in making sure they happened, unless the two refused most requests. 

I don't have any love or hate for those two, but they don't really have anything compelling to offer other than who his parents are.  Once you get past that (or if they won't go there) then there is nothing but a story of two people who got married and one side's family didn't approve.  Not exactly novel in the world.  

• Hook 'Em 5

56 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I don't have any love or hate for those two, but they don't really have anything compelling to offer other than who his parents are.  Once you get past that (or if they won't go there) then there is nothing but a story of two people who got married and one side's family didn't approve.  Not exactly novel in the world.  

Correct.

Now....if they started an Onlyfans channel, like "Royallyfucked" or something....THAT'S how they start making serious bank.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Correct.

Now....if they started an Onlyfans channel, like "Royallyfucked" or something....THAT'S how they start making serious bank.

They owe $9M on the house in Montecito and spend $2M per year just on security.  

Onlyfans, here they come.....

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 6:47 PM, Aqua Buddha said:

2 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

They owe $9M on the house in Montecito and spend $2M per year just on security.  

Onlyfans, here they come.....

https://www.cbs8.com/article/entertainment/entertainment-tonight/inside-prince-harrys-multi-book-deal-and-its-40-million-price-tag/603-3ab0b05a-8919-4750-baff-78d2ca6dae7c#

40 million book deal 
https://apnews.com/article/2853618b7ca1591d67e870171c3aef99

Spare sold 3.2 millions copies in first week. Might be one of the best selling memoirs of all time 

I think they’ll be able to cover the house payment 

After the coronation, it’s really funny seeing the big media push for Camilla, pushing back against anything Harry/Megan 

H&M will be fine financially. Together or apart. I’ve always viewed her as more of an “influencer” type. She had that blog The Tig that she shuttered once her relationship with Harry  went public.

I think she’s relaunching it and using WME to rebrand herself. Spotify really doesn’t have anyone to blame but themselves. Neither Harry or Meghan (outside of her website) have shown they have talents for producing shit. Shocker that it took Spotify a staff of 20 plus people to get her Archetypes shit made. It was an awkward show to say the least. She should focus on being an influencer type and show up at posh events and charitable causes that align with their foundation. He needs to focus on the Invictus stuff (if he can still do that) or something similar. Focus on one particular charity and drive all his efforts into that. TWME I think is just repping Meghan and will try to give her a global brand…I think H&M vastly overplayed their hand but once they made the decision to leave TRF they had to strike fast and get as many deals as possible. Imo. I did like Meghan’s The Tig and it was thoughtful and well curated by her but I think that’s where her talents lie (outside of acting.) 

im not shocked that many of the deals they made initially with Netflix, Disney, Spotify have fallen apart. If I had a knock at them for the Spotify thing it’s just the inability to create content. I mean three years brought 12 hours or so of awkward interviews that didn’t feel like anything more than her reading questions and relating it all to herself. I wish them luck together but even that seems like a long shot. The way she is now being repped and branded separately (she pretty much was largely absent since The Spare came out.) that book is a little nuts. Crazy shit. 

I also think people are largely fatigued with over sharing. Like once you’ve done your tell all…like do people want to hear any more from you? Other than Stan’s. It’s fatigue. All this over sharing with celebrities during Covid trying to convince us they are just like us…I think after the initial wanting to know more…people get bored with it. It becomes uncomfortable at times. People just wanted to know what the. Royal family is like and see and hear shit from the inside. 

Edited by Nicole44

Meg and Harry were cut in large part to Spotify pivoting away from their big bet on podcasts, mostly. Keep in mind that M&H didn't hit the KPI's needed to get the full $20mm payout as well.

For those keeping score, the couple’s efforts to rebrand themselves as media moguls have yielded some hits: Their Netflix docuseries commanded millions of viewers, and Harry’s memoir, Spare, became the fastest-selling nonfiction book of all time. But the deal with Spotify won’t rank as one of their successes—the Wall Street Journal reports the couple didn’t hit the benchmarks to get the full $20 million.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/meghan-markles-archetypes-podcast-at-spotify-wont-be-renewed-44311f4f?

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

fify.

Touché. I know life in TRF is not a picnic. It’s better than 99% of us are living financially but I think they missed a huge opportunity leaving before QE2 passed away. Then they could have said “hey we don’t want to take away from KC and William and Kate and so we’re striking out on our own.” They will never have the platform they had which is a shame. But I also know that the Firm/TRF had plans to make sure H&M never upstaged KC and Camilla and that they’d have no choice as to where they were sent or what they were sent to do. It’s not hard to upstage Charles nor William, especially upstage Charles. 

they shouldn’t have created a foundation per se I guess also. People can learn a lot from the former Mrs Bezos in how to do shit like that.

Edited by Nicole44

13 minutes ago, HonkeyVape said:

Meg and Harry were cut in large part to Spotify pivoting away from their big bet on podcasts, mostly. Keep in mind that M&H didn't hit the KPI's needed to get the full $20mm payout as well.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/meghan-markles-archetypes-podcast-at-spotify-wont-be-renewed-44311f4f?

negged for typing KPI on a sports forum.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

https://www.cbs8.com/article/entertainment/entertainment-tonight/inside-prince-harrys-multi-book-deal-and-its-40-million-price-tag/603-3ab0b05a-8919-4750-baff-78d2ca6dae7c#

40 million book deal 
https://apnews.com/article/2853618b7ca1591d67e870171c3aef99

Spare sold 3.2 millions copies in first week. Might be one of the best selling memoirs of all time 

I think they’ll be able to cover the house payment 

After the coronation, it’s really funny seeing the big media push for Camilla, pushing back against anything Harry/Megan 

They'll be fine for now.  They just got their beaks wet.  The lifestyle they have now takes either significant wealth or income.

If Johnny Depp can blow through $300M, they sure as hell can go broke.

Also.....and this is a very, very, very important part of all this......WHO.  GIVES.  A FLYING.  FUCK?

Royals are good for one thing: decapitating at the end of the revolution.  That's it.  If we don't get to behead these yahoos (and why would we?  They're not royals anymore), then I would have to borrow 10,000 fucks just to have 1 fuck to give.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Also.....and this is a very, very, very important part of all this......WHO.  GIVES.  A FLYING.  FUCK?

Royals are good for one thing: decapitating at the end of the revolution.  That's it.  If we don't get to behead these yahoos (and why would we?  They're not royals anymore), then I would have to borrow 10,000 fucks just to have 1 fuck to give.

I feel like it was a missed opportunity to not have those two worthless fucks on the OceanGate tin can expedition to the Titanic. Seems like exactly the kind of look-at-me bullshit they live for. Now, its probably a longshot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

many people do.  and the royals in turn feed that obsession. 

its perfectly functional, mostly-contained, symbiosis.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

many people do.  and the royals in turn feed that obsession. 

its perfectly functional, mostly-contained, symbiosis.

This…you can choose to give a fuck and introduce intrigue/drama/stress into your life this way…or you can find another avenue for that perpetual self-loathing and nut-punching, like being an OSU fan.  

On 6/20/2023 at 8:17 PM, Brisketexan said:

78EB618B-5DCB-4AD5-B6F6-F5B4388914A2.jpeg

• Haha 1