Meg and Harry interviewed by Oprah on CBS

immamac

I watched the whole thing. I know...shocker. 

The Firm is an interesting albeit scary deal. Mainly it’s the royal courtiers and by all accounts they are cunts.

Harry at least is able to “leave.” William and Charles as he mentioned must always live that life. 

I think it’s sad that Meghan was in a deeply suicidal frame of mind during her pregnancy with Archie and wasn’t able to go to somewhere (mental hospital/etc) because of who she was. 

The Firm has a very symbiotic relationship with the press. Strange shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I don't get the fascination with the Royals.  Yeah, the Crown is entertaining, but just let them fucking be.  

I think this is kind of a special case outside the scope of conventional royal fascination.  God knows I can't seem to escape the headlines.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, immamac said:

No and no. Neither of these things happened or is remotely true. 

yeah, they started the whole thing with O specifically confirming "you are NOT being paid for this interview, correct?'

also, his family cut him off financially. 

Meghan and Harry both said she was literally suicidal, she didn't want him to leave her alone...she went to the family and then to 'Human Resources' for help and they all basically told her to deal with it, they'd all been thru it, suck it up... that's the point at which they left, Harry said all he wanted was help for his wife and he couldn't get it. his dad stopped taking his calls. 

Elizabeth seems pretty cool for a grandma.

my money is on Philip being the one concerned about how dark the baby was gonna be... that sounds like a really old white man thing to say. 

i watched The Crown and also The Queen, i too am an expert 😄

Edited by mchookem
  • Haha 3

He was left a great deal of money from Diana so that helped their exit. There are many things I don’t get but not having security is just bizarre. The royal family brings in something like (well probably not this past year bc Covid) $600 to $800 million pounds—-tourism etc to the commonwealth. They cost like $155 million pounds. All the overhead included. Surely they can afford to have security for Harry/Archie and Meghan and their soon to be daughter. Fucking bizarre. I get stepping away and taking the titles and money access-I don’t get no security with as world famous as he is. And the level of threat. So I don’t get that at all.

• Hook 'Em 2

I've seen the Crown and the Queen it was definitely Phillip asking how dark the skin would be but just as one of those racist jokes old people make.

The Queen is probably the only royal that's actually worth anything but emotionally she's a little cold and all their problems stem from that. Shes always been Queen first and mother second, I learned that from watching the Crown.

The pregnancy thing tracks cause I've seen the Crown.

Harry lost 5% of his income that comes from the public fund but 95% of his wealth is from his father so who knows what Charles did.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Ok I’m catching up here. This chick is a former actress who ends up a princess, but suicidal. Not the most stable mentally obviously. 

I might guess a heaping helping of post-partum depression.

I read some synopses of the interview, and something leapt out at me and that was it doesn't sound like Harry did any kind of preparation of her for life as a royal. It really sounds like she was unprepared through no particular fault of her own.

He always struck me as a bit of a dumbass.

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

He was left a great deal of money from Diana so that helped their exit. There are many things I don’t get but not having security is just bizarre. The royal family brings in something like (well probably not this past year bc Covid) $600 to $800 million pounds—-tourism etc to the commonwealth. They cost like $155 million pounds. All the overhead included. Surely they can afford to have security for Harry/Archie and Meghan and their soon to be daughter. Fucking bizarre. I get stepping away and taking the titles and money access-I don’t get no security with as world famous as he is. And the level of threat. So I don’t get that at all.

The security was being paid by the public, but they stopped being public figures so that security stopped. Charles then started paying for private security at some point cause they couldn't afford it themselves.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/05/meghan-and-harry-security-bill-mystery

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

I've seen the Crown and the Queen it was definitely Phillip asking how dark the skin would be but just as one of those racist jokes old people make.

The Queen is probably the only royal that's actually worth anything but emotionally she's a little cold and all their problems stem from that. Shes always been Queen first and mother second, I learned that from watching the Crown.

The pregnancy thing tracks cause I've seen the Crown.

Harry lost 5% of his income that comes from the public fund but 95% of his wealth is from his father so who knows what Charles did.

Charles just cut them off, so they lost a tidy bit of income.

Phillip is probably a decent choice for that role, but more because he's fucking 100 and has no filter anymore like most people over 75.  I'd actually expect it to be one of the private secretary types, who seem most responsible for obsessing over "royal image."  A Tommy Lascelles type.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Charles just cut them off, so they lost a tidy bit of income.

Phillip is probably a decent choice for that role, but more because he's fucking 100 and has no filter anymore like most people over 75.  I'd actually expect it to be one of the private secretary types, who seem most responsible for obsessing over "royal image."  A Tommy Lascelles type.

To be fair I don't think Phillip ever had much of a filter. And I think if the family was going to be so concerned about the color of the baby they would have tried to stop Harry from marrying her. This sounds like a crass joke more than some white supremacist plot

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

They'll make more in America than they ever would have in England.

I honestly believe they would have stayed and been in the machine/worked alongside the Firm had the royal family admonished/corrected the falsehoods being printed by the British media as it pertains to Meghan. They missed, as was pointed out multiple times, the opportunity to utilize Meghan. 

Unfortunately, many of those stories also come from (not all) the cunty courtiers who basically “run” the Firm. And with some royal approval/ assistance. 

17 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Most of that is in illiquid assets.  They can easily make $500M in liquid cash over the next 5-10 years.

The Duchy of Cornwall is illiquid assets and worth about double that, but spins off about $30M a year.  Charles is only a temporal beneficiary of Cornwall, he doesn't own it  Just like William and Harry inherited, I might think Charles has inherited independently of Cornwall and given his age is probably worth a pretty tidy sum in his own assets since he would never have to dip into it.  I don't think royals are allowed to keep/invest any of the money distributed from Cornwall or the Duchy of Lancaster, which funds the monarch.

Edit:  there are reports that Charles' worth is around $400M and that is independent of the Duchy of Cornwall.  And it appears that he does get all of the annual surplus income from Cornwall, not just what he "bills" it for living expenses.  He voluntarily pays 20% in tax.

Edited by TwiceHorn

What a fucking bullshit racket the Royal family has going on. And somehow the US got stuck with the most worthless, self-absorbed of them all. Add the entire family to my list of people that need to be launched into the sun. 

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The Duchy of Cornwall is illiquid assets and worth about double that, but spins off about $30M a year.  Charles is only a temporal beneficiary of Cornwall, he doesn't own it  Just like William and Harry inherited, I might think Charles has inherited independently of Cornwall and given his age is probably worth a pretty tidy sum in his own assets since he would never have to dip into it.  I don't think royals are allowed to keep/invest any of the money distributed from Cornwall or the Duchy of Lancaster, which funds the monarch.

Edit:  there are reports that Charles' worth is around $400M and that is independent of the Duchy of Cornwall.  And it appears that he does get all of the annual surplus income from Cornwall, not just what he "bills" it for living expenses.  He voluntarily pays 20% in tax.

Meghan Markle could make $30M/year just in a cosmetics deal.  It's severely underrated how rich American celebrities are.  They're already Oprah's neighbor for God's sake.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Ok I’m catching up here. This chick is a former actress who ends up a princess, but suicidal. Not the most stable mentally obviously. 

Let me make it relatable to you, if I may. I had not kept up with this conflict either before this.

The Firm - which runs the Royal Family business -  locked down a socially active American - during a time when there was no Covid.

She reacted accordingly. 

Relatable? 

And there are creepy ass old brits out there. Can't pick your relatives. 

Spoiler

don't be a dummy dum dum. You should be on the American's side on this one. Have some pride.

I had no idea either, so I too have been a dummy dum dum. 

With respect.

What a fucking bullshit racket the Royal family has going on. And somehow the US got stuck with the most worthless, self-absorbed of them all. Add the entire family to my list of people that need to be launched into the sun. 

Not wrong.

Like the other day watching LOCAL morning news show before work..*BREAKING NEWS*- Prince Phillip is at home resting after a heart procedure

So dumb.

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

The security was being paid by the public, but they stopped being public figures so that security stopped. Charles then started paying for private security at some point cause they couldn't afford it themselves.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/05/meghan-and-harry-security-bill-mystery

Word on the street is that Oprah is their neighbor. No way they can't afford their own private security. You lie!

54 minutes ago, Blotto said:

They are making money that flows into the economy of our nation.  Overruled.  

If you ever figure out how to launch, don't forget about me.

I gotta get off this rock. 

tenor.gif&f=1&nofb=1

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Let me make it relatable to you, if I may. I had not kept up with this conflict either before this.

The Firm - which runs the Royal Family business -  locked down a socially active American - during a time when there was no Covid.

She reacted accordingly. 

Relatable? 

And there are creepy ass old brits out there. Can't pick your relatives. 

Reveal hidden contents

don't be a dummy dum dum. You should be on the American's side on this one. Have some pride.

I had no idea either, so I too have been a dummy dum dum. 

With respect.

so Harry's dominatrix is Muh Rights?  who knew?

• Haha 1

I've been waiting for their podcast to become a regular thing, I really like both of them and am looking forward to Archwell content.  They seem pretty well adjusted, considering.  Robert Downey Jr. has his rescue animal zoo, and Harry and Meghan have their rescue dogs and chickens.  That's cool.  I don't understand the vitriol, they seem like nice people.  It's not like Harry was running with his pederast uncle Andrew and Jeffrey Epstein.

Edited by BearSchlong
  • Hook 'Em 2

The dark skinned baby comment either came from philip or william in a moment of brotherly banter.

Sounds like harry's got a bit of edward viii in him. Didn't want the life and found a way to escape. As for meghan who knows. But post partem can really mess with you so her explanation for how she felt sounds genuine despite admitting not being the one actually having those conversations about any of those issues bothering her or even knowing the reasons for what was happening. Really makes harry come across pretty poorly.

I'm surprised the queen was so affectionately referenced. I thought she would b the target, as head of the family, for a little more blame.

28 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

The dark skinned baby comment either came from philip or william in a moment of brotherly banter.

Americans will always be second class colonials to uppity brits and their press.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2019/10/meghan-markle-72-members-of-parliament-open-letter

Just one day after a Brexit crisis was barely averted, Parliament is back to focusing on another issue that divides the British public: Meghan Markle versus the press.

On Tuesday, 72 female M.P.s released an open letter in support of Meghan, specifically describing some of the attacks as violating Meghan’s privacy and having “what can only be described as outdated, colonial undertones.”

bastards.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by washparkhorn

There is a lot of hostility to Megan on this thread. I'm sure she's self-absorbed like most people, but in my admittedly limited following of her and Harry, she doesn't seem to have done anything to warrant this vitriol beyond perceived gold-digger status by people with no way of knowing the true nature of their relationship. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Orale said:

There is a lot of hostility to Megan on this thread. I'm sure she's self-absorbed like most people, but in my admittedly limited following of her and Harry, she doesn't seem to have done anything to warrant this vitriol beyond perceived gold-digger status by people with no way of knowing the true nature of their relationship. 

I never understood the hate. still don't.

#teammegan

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Orale said:

she's not a smoking hot blonde with big tits, so yes the surly hate will flow 

• Haha 1

Meghan Markle is completely stunning. That said, Prince Harry could pull just about any single woman in the world and likely 90 percent of the marrieds (conservatively). His pool to choose from is something like 4 billion. He’s got his mom’s money.

Even if it’s all true, none of this shit is worth going on Oprah for. Nothing is worth going on Oprah to air out all your shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3