Meg and Harry interviewed by Oprah on CBS

immamac

I'm now retired but just prior to the Meghan and Harry wedding, I was in the office one day and a few people were having a conversation about various things. Someone mention Harry and Meghan. An aggy alumnus who is quite a braggart and blowhard stated that he was excited about the wedding because "For the first time, we could have our very own American royalty". People looked at the floor or stared at him in an awkward silence for a few seconds, mumbled a few words about imminent meetings and phone calls, and wandered off in various directions. Maybe he was being sarcastic but I don't think so. 

2 minutes ago, Restinmybones said:

I'm now retired but just prior to the Meghan and Harry wedding, I was in the office one day and a few people were having a conversation about various things. Someone mention Harry and Meghan. An aggy alumnus who is quite a braggart and blowhard stated that he was excited about the wedding because "For the first time, we could have our very own American royalty". People looked at the floor or stared at him in an awkward silence for a few seconds, mumbled a few words about imminent meetings and phone calls, and wandered off in various directions. Maybe he was being sarcastic but I don't think so. 

Cool story brah!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Restinmybones said:

Aggy already has their royalty and she's a bitch as well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, immamac said:

Look I'm not trying to defend meg here, but what the fuck do you know about her personal relationships with these people? This whole "she's a c list clout chaser" narrative is a really fucking weird take as a first conclusion. 

her personal exploits as well as her personal correspondence with her former friends were leaked to the public giving a damning picture of her as a person. Had a court case about it I believe. 

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Restinmybones said:

An aggy alumnus who is quite a braggart and blowhard stated that he was excited about the wedding because "For the first time, we could have our very own American royalty". People looked at the floor or stared at him in an awkward silence for a few seconds, mumbled a few words about imminent meetings and phone calls, and wandered off in various directions.

aggies are used to that reaction

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Deej said:

Phil the Greek is ok. Jimmy the Greek? Not so much. 

For centuries the English have looked down on the Greeks, Poles, Irish, Scots, Welsh, French, Italians, etc.
As noted earlier, the Windsor line is German and also branched out to the Russians among others. Victoria had lots of furrin grandkids.

3 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

For centuries the English have looked down on the Greeks, Poles, Irish, Scots, Welsh, French, Italians, etc.
As noted earlier, the Windsor line is German and also branched out to the Russians among others. Victoria had lots of furrin grandkids.

victoria and the complete hanoverian line were germans.  so it goes even further back another couple centuries.

• Hook 'Em 1

Johnny Manziel talking about personal responsibility or Tommy Tuberville addressing intellectual honesty and integrity would be far more compelling than anything the fucking Royals have to say or do.

47 minutes ago, HouTex said:

As for leaving the royal family, is Harry really out? As in not in the line of royal succession anymore?

If something tragic happened, they could always decide to put him back in it. However by the point he dropped out, he was fairly far down the line. 5th or 6th.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

22 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

victoria and the complete hanoverian line were germans.  so it goes even further back another couple centuries.

Yeah, but George I’s grandmother was Elizabeth Stuart, daughter of King James I, who was herself Queen of Bohemia. On his father’s side, he had plenty of Danish ancestry.  Royals throughout Europe weren’t really anything except royals. 

1 hour ago, Not a cat said:

I'm not a psychiatrist but I have had the not so pleasant experience of marrying into a whole family of cluster B personality disorders.

Here's the basic MO: 1) must be center of attention at all times, 2) always plays the victim, it's always someone picking on them, and 3) isolate your narcissistic supply (i.e. partner) from all prior support groups, family, friends and hobbies.

Call it jumping to conclusions all you want but every mannerism and action reminds me of my ex in-laws. Now mix that with a bunch of entitled in breds that have had their asses kissed their whole life and we get endless entertainment.

I had a girlfriend like that. Tried to keep me away from friends (especially other women) and then threatened to kill herself when I said I wanted to end it. I dumped her anyway. She’s still alive. 

I’m not saying that’s what’s happening here but it does happen. 

#FreeHarry

46 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

yea, Victoria and her fam actually spoke German in the house and until the last few generations they made sure to keep the blood line pure by getting spouses from Germany. 

10 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Yeah, but George I’s grandmother was Elizabeth Stuart, daughter of King James I, who was herself Queen of Bohemia. On his father’s side, he had plenty of Danish ancestry.  Royals throughout Europe weren’t really anything except royals. 

yeah, his mom is how he inherited the british throne.  i'm not as familiar with his patrial lineage-  care to give a short summary?

Just now, gsoda3 said:

yeah, his mom is how he inherited the british throne.  i'm not as familiar with his patrial lineage-  care to give a short summary?

George’s dad was elected a Prince-Elector of the Holy Roman Empire and ruler of some minor German principality. His great grandmother was King Christian III of Denmark’s daughter.

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

George’s dad was elected a Prince-Elector of the Holy Roman Empire and ruler of some minor German principality. His great grandmother was King Christian III of Denmark’s daughter.

holy roman empire...neither holy nor roman.  discuss

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, slorch said:

Johnny Manziel talking about personal responsibility or Tommy Tuberville addressing intellectual honesty and integrity would be far more compelling than anything the fucking Royals have to say or do.

This, though I don't approve of you capitalizing "royals." 

If something tragic happened, they could always decide to put him back in it. However by the point he dropped out, he was fairly far down the line. 5th or 6th.

Crazy stuff has happened before. When she was born in 1819, Victoria was 5th in line. Her father died soon after she was born and all three uncles died without legitimate issue.

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I know these people are super privileged. But it's always like, a no win for Meg/Harry. "Oh you're part of the royal family shut up how bad can your problems be?"

Then when they leave the royal family to do what makes them happy it's like, "wow, what a couple of idiots for leaving all that behind".

Idk. Kinda just seems like we always harp on how people are pieces of shit who do anything for money. Then when someone actually does something that isn't in their best financial interest to be happy we all say wow what a moron/crazy person.

They are smart.  They inked a $100 million deal with Netflix and God knows what else, moved to one of the most awesome places in the world, left all the duties behind, and got away from England, which honestly blows. Meg and Harry are the smartest people in the room. 

snatch - england.gif

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HouTex said:

Crazy stuff has happened before. When she was born in 1819, Victoria was 5th in line. Her father died soon after she was born and all three uncles died without legitimate issue.

I don't follow this stuff, but many of the rumors and mysterious deaths were tied to rich aristocrats who wanted power and money. Catherine's rumors were created for this reason as were King Ludwig's allegedly.

7 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I don't follow this stuff, but many of the rumors and mysterious deaths were tied to rich aristocrats who wanted power and money. Catherine's rumors were created for this reason as were King Ludwig's allegedly.

Victoria’s uncles were all old when they died. It was pretty clear to everyone she would inherit the throne. 

Meghan Markle is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with American society in 2021. A shallow, C-level actress who thought marrying a prince would enhance her career prospects. She had zero willingness or desire to learn about the central role the royal family has in the fabric of Britain and the duty and honor involved in carrying out those responsibilities. Prince Harry's grandmother is the living embodiment of the state, anointed by the Archbishop of Canterbury as God's chosen representative. The Crown an institution that has existed for over a 1,000 years, undergirded by faith, beauty and mystery. Meghan is like the typical, historically challenged American that does not have the framework or brainpower to understand an institution and form of government that is far superior to our own. Meghan is an Instagram, look at me attention whore on steroids. She is the worst type of woman a man can get involved with, one that creates friction and rupture from one's family and friends causing him to give up a career in the military that he loved. I loathe that succubus of a woman. Compare her to the Princess of Wales who is pure class and true beauty and fulfills her role to perfection.  I feel sorry for Prince Harry and their child being denied their birthright by this awful woman. A good rule of thumb for the royal family going forward, avoid marrying an American. The only nice thing that can be said about Meghan is that at least she isn't a Nazi and is automatically better than the other American shit stain wife of royalty.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Macklemore said:

Meghan Markle is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with American society in 2021. A shallow, C-level actress who thought marrying a prince would enhance her career prospects. She had zero willingness or desire to learn about the central role the royal family has in the fabric of Britain and the duty and honor involved in carrying out those responsibilities. Prince Harry's grandmother is the living embodiment of the state, anointed by the Archbishop of Canterbury as God's chosen representative. The Crown an institution that has existed for over a 1,000 years, undergirded by faith, beauty and mystery. Meghan is like the typical, historically challenged American that does not have the framework or brainpower to understand an institution and form of government that is far superior to our own. Meghan is an Instagram, look at me attention whore on steroids. She is the worst type of woman a man can get involved with, one that creates friction and rupture from one's family and friends causes a man to give up a career in the military that he loved. I loathe that succubus of a woman. Compare her to the Princess of Wales who is pure class and true beauty and fulfills her role to perfection  I feel sorry for Prince Harry and their child being denied their birthright by this awful woman.

there's also the stereotype of the ugly (not physically) american which many british are more than happy to have confirmed in this drama.  

2 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

there's also the stereotype of the ugly (not physically) american which many british are more than happy to have confirmed in this drama.  

it's one thing that harry married an american woman, it's a whooooooooooooooooooole bigger thing that said woman is half black 

giphy.gif

Edited by tx 3 putt

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

it's one thing that harry married an american woman, it's a whooooooooooooooooooole bigger thing that said woman is half black 

it really is.  racism in england is such a problem.  they're open about it on the streets (less so in london but travel outside of london and you encounter loads).  i never realized how different racism could be- there are the poor skinhead types who think minorities steal your jobs and women and then there are the upper crust folks who think you're endangering their lifestyle.  i've been treated poorly and had my kids yelled at by older people in really nice areas.  the absolute worst part to me is hearing kids loudly make fun of minorities and the parents laughing at the jokes and adding to it.  i'm not one to get worked up with racial issues, but the culture over there is nothing the likes of here in the states.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

giphy.gif

Prior to the wedding, the media was fawning over Meghan. The arrival of Meghan was greeted by the same press—and the same masses—with joyous acclaim, that she was portrayed as somewhere between Grace Kelly and Diana Ross - from the WSJ.

"When some future historian, or perhaps some honest parodist of our modern mores, seeks an event that captures the inversion at the core of our continuing cultural revolution, he should examine closely the television spectacle that aired on CBS Sunday evening. You’d struggle to find a better metaphor for one of the dominant narratives of our age: our elites parading their grievances and preoccupations for the masses, demanding sympathy, issuing a call for the ordinary people to do better to acknowledge their own sinfulness."

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

it really is.  racism in england is such a problem.  they're open about it on the streets (less so in london but travel outside of london and you encounter loads).  i never realized how different racism could be- there are the poor skinhead types who think minorities steal your jobs and women and then there are the upper crust folks who think you're endangering their lifestyle.  i've been treated poorly and had my kids yelled at by older people in really nice areas.  the absolute worst part to me is hearing kids loudly make fun of minorities and the parents laughing at the jokes and adding to it.  i'm not one to get worked up with racial issues, but the culture over there is nothing the likes of here in the states.  

better an open racist than a covert one

• Hook 'Em 1