Bob Stoops replacing Urban Meyer on the Fox College Pregame show

mdmost

I don't hate this. Urban was great on that show because he'd actually talk football instead of the nonsense cliché riddled garbage that most pregame shows feature. 

I think Stoops will be able to fill that same role well.

Stoops is still a cock munch, but so was Urban so who cares. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, texashorne said:

We should do our own show. Find 4-5 Surly posters, dress them up in a suit, and have them talk football Saturday AM.. It would be 1000 times more entertaining than the other asswipes. 

I thought one had to be an asswipe to join Surly.  It's certainly why I joined.

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

Is there a contractual requirement that 80% of that show be total douchebags?  When douchebags gather together in the wild, what is that group formally called btw?  A Swarm?  Gaggle?  Parade?  Litter?  Quiver?

fox-sports-kickoff-show-image-2_he1mJoY_

I mean this one guy douche factor is far worse than all those people combined.

image.jpeg.925e0a5d82ce7b81f6fd36b732575114.jpeg

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Scholz said:

Is there a contractual requirement that 80% of that show be total douchebags?  When douchebags gather together in the wild, what is that group formally called btw?  A Swarm?  Gaggle?  Parade?  Litter?  Quiver?

fox-sports-kickoff-show-image-2_he1mJoY_

I'd say a gaggle, but we all know that with Stoops... there is no gagging. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Bob Stoops reveals how Steve Sarkisian could turn around Texas football

Chandler Vessels•about 6 hours

Bob Stoops had compliments for new Texas coach Steve Sarkisian, but not without taking a couple of jabs at the Longhorns. The former Oklahoma coach talked about Sarkisian on Fox Sports’ Big Noon Kickoff livestream on Thursday.

“I think Steve Sarkisian is a heck of a football coach,” Bob Stoops said. “For Texas, I feel like the biggest difference is you look at Oklahoma and we’ve won 90% of Big 12 championships. I equate it back to quarterback play. You look at coach Sarkisian’s history and background with quarterbacks, he’s been highly successful. You look at his offensive acumen when he was an offensive coordinator, highly successful.

“I think that’s been the biggest difference between OU and Texas over a good number of years: we’ve had the quarterbacks. At any level of football, that matters. That guy makes such a big difference.”

Since 1996, Oklahoma has won 14 Big 12 championships compared to three for the Longhorns. The Sooners have had four Heisman-winning quarterbacks in that span while Texas has none (running back Ricky Williams in 1998 is the last Longhorns player to win the trophy). Oklahoma nearly had three quarterbacks in a row win the award, but Jalen Hurts finished second in 2019.

The Longhorns lost four-year starting quarterback Sam Ehlinger to the NFL this offseason. They will either start junior Casey Thompson or redshirt freshman Hudson Card in his place. They open the season Sept. 4 against Louisiana-Lafayette.

Despite being one of the most storied programs in college football, Texas has struggled for the greater part of the decade. The Longhorns have just one 10-win season in the past 11 years. Stoops said Sarkisian’s offensive history seems to be a good sign of things to come for Texas.

Most recently the offensive coordinator at Alabama, Sarkisian has previously been the head coach at USC and Washington. He went 9-4 in his first season with the Trojans and was fired five games into his second year.

Could Texas work out differently? Hopefully so.

“I really believe this is a really good hire for Texas,” Stoops said. “I can’t say that I like that being from OU. But if they get that quarterback position going in the right direction, it’s going to be really strong for Texas. It will be good for college football too.”

FOX Sports Unveils 2021 College Football On-Air Roster

Thursday, August 26, 2021

Gus Johnson, Joel Klatt & Jenny Taft Return for BIG  NOON SATURDAY Game of the Week

National Champion and Longtime Oklahoma Head Coach Bob Stoops Joins Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn & Rob Stone on BIG NOON KICKOFF

LOS ANGELES – FOX owns the fall, starting with college football Saturdays, led by some of college football’s best and brightest. Gus Johnson, Joel Klatt and Jenny Taft reunite for the fifth consecutive year to call BIG NOON SATURDAY, the network’s biggest game of the week at 12:00 PM ET. Today’s announcement was made by Brad Zager, Executive Producer, Executive Vice President/Head of Production and Operations, FOX Sports.

Johnson, Klatt and Taft open the season Thursday, Sept. 2, at 8:00 PM ET when Ohio State takes on Minnesota in Minneapolis before heading to Madison, WI, on Saturday, Sept. 4, for Penn State at Wisconsin at 12:00 PM ET on FOX.

The trio is joined in Minneapolis and Madison by the BIG NOON KICKOFF crew, featuring host Rob Stone, alongside college football legends Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn and Bob Stoops. BIG NOON KICKOFF is on-site for the first four weeks of FOX Sports’ college football season, bringing the show on the road to stadiums and tailgates across the nation.

In addition, Clay Travis serves as a special correspondent on BIG NOON KICKOFF, interviewing top players, coaches and fans from the biggest games in the south each week. Co-host of FS1’s SPEAK FOR YOURSELF, Emmanuel Acho, and former University of Washington head coach, Chris Petersen, also contribute to FOX Sports’ college football studio coverage. College football insider Bruce Feldman makes regular studio appearances and reports from the sidelines throughout the season.

Play-by-play announcer Joe Davis and former NFL quarterback and analyst Brock Huard kick off FOX Sports’ 2021 live college football coverage with a highly anticipated Week 0 matchup between Nebraska and Illinois this Saturday, August 28, at 1:00 PM ET on FOX. The duo then heads to Los Angeles for LSU-UCLA on Saturday, September 4, at 8:30 PM ET on FOX from the Rose Bowl.

Broadcast partners Tim Brando and Spencer Tillman enter their seventh year together for FOX Sports, opening the season in Austin, TX, with a Louisiana-Texas tilt on Saturday, Sept. 4, at 4:30 PM ET on FOX.

On Friday, Sept. 3, analyst and former University of Michigan quarterback Devin Gardner makes his FOX Sports debut alongside play-by-play broadcaster Eric Collins for South Dakota State-Colorado State at 9:00 PM ET on FS1.

Former Oregon head coach and Pac-12 champion Mark Helfrich provides analysis with play-by-play announcer Aaron Goldsmith beginning with Stanford vs. K-State at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX, Saturday, Sept. 4, at 12:00 PM ET on FS1.

Veteran analyst and former NFL running back Robert Smith partners with play-by-play announcer Cory Provus for Oregon State-Purdue, Saturday Sept. 4, at 7:00 PM ET on FS1.

Rounding out FOX Sports’ Week 1 coverage, play-by-play broadcaster Alex Faust and former USC standout and analyst Petros Papadakis are on the call when Nevada takes on Cal, Saturday, Sept. 4, at 10:30 PM ET on FS1.

FOX Sports’ confirmed 2021 fall college football schedule is available here. The remainder of the schedule will be announced as the season progresses.

Also...  from different article

FOX will once again highlight some of the most intriguing games of the year with its Big Noon Kickoff Game of the Week. Gus Johnson will handle play-by-play responsibilities with Joel Klatt working as an analyst and Jenny Taft as a sideline reporter.

Other broadcast teams for Week 1 will be:

• Tim Brando and Spencer Tillman
  • Joe Davis and Brock Huard
  • Eric Collins and Devin Gardner
  • Aaron Goldsmith and Mark Helfrich
  • Cory Provus and Robert Smith
  • Alex Faust and Petros Papadakis

In addition, FOX will have a studio crew of Rob Stone, Reggie Bush, Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn and Bob Stoops for the FOX Big Noon Kickoff pregame show. Clay Travis will also be a special correspondent for the show.

Also making contributions to the FOX Sports’ college football coverage will be Emmanuel Acho, Chris Petersen and Bruce Feldman.