Nusr-Et (aka Salt BAE)

Wanker Bob

Wanted to hear first if anyone else here went before I went into it but the best way I can describe it is walking into an internet meme come to life. The place is nice, the look and ambiance is on point. But I quickly found out it's not about the food. It's about the show. Seeing people going crazy over getting a glimpse of internet fame up close. 

You can definitely find better steak in Dallas. At a lower price. Better cocktails at a much lower price. But you won't see grown women and men alike swooning over a little guy in a white muscle shirt and sunglasses bringing the internet meme to life like that anywhere else. 

Doubt I'd ever go back as my choice but for a singular experience I can't complain. 

• Fuck You 2

Went to the original location some years ago, when he was merely a minor local celebrity.  Pre salt-bae phenomenon.  Was still a very trendy place, to see and be seen.  Didn't have to pay so I must say the food value was excellent.

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah I saw some shit about this.  There's some video of him doing that ^^ and slicing up steak covered with either gold leaf or an obscene amount of butter while dancing around to light techno like a Kansas City faggot.

*phaggot

9 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

So the Dallas location of this social media meme salt guy's restaurant just opened on Pearl St. Anyone go opening weekend?

Friend got a reservation for 4 and asked if we wanted to go so we said why not, and it was... something else. 

Peak Dallas right here. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

All flash, no substance, over priced, and vapid attention whoring. Is there's a restaurant more suited for Dallas than this one?

I went to Miami when it opened.  Food was good, not great.  Then went back a month later.  It was fucking garbage.  
Dallas is like a wannabe Miami so, no, this is the best suited shitshow there is out there.  Perfect for Dallas...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TornACL said:

I have to hand it to the guy for making the most of 10 seconds of internet fame. 

I seem to remember the NYT absolutely roasting one of his joints that opened in NY, but I am far too lazy to go find the review. 

To be fair, New Yorkers are blessed with access to Tao and Nobu. 

13 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

OP was this your party?!

Came to post that.

Well, it's fun to laugh at it, but the dude grew up dirt poor and parlayed a butcher's assistant job in Constantinople (not Istanbul) into this schtick.  More power to him I guess.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Came to post that.

Well, it's fun to laugh at it, but the dude grew up dirt poor and parlayed a butcher's assistant job in Constantinople (not Istanbul) into this schtick.  More power to him I guess.

I respect the dude’s hustle other than when he keeps the EarPods in. That seems kinda douchey.

But imagine being the customer all googly-eyed over your girlfriend receiving fresh meat from another man’s sword.

4FE4B764-1CCF-41C0-AE19-1C444B4DFC6B.jpeg

Edited by TheStoicPaisano
  • Hook 'Em 1

It seems that that fella and his restaurant have a pretty heavy following in the "urban" segment.  Is that surprising?  Should I be surprised?

The steak covered with gold leaf is absurd.  Is that a thing anywhere else that I just missed?

$1000.00 gold leaf tomahawk, give me a break. Can’t believe someone would buy that.

Here’s the thing, he makes it look like everyone ordered that in his social media. Genius. I got to give it to him. I’m sure he is laughing all the way to the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 3/12/2021 at 5:44 PM, TheStoicPaisano said:

OP was this your party?!

No, but you see what I mean about the show aspect of it. Completely ridiculous but enjoyable people watching insanity for sure. Some of the women and men there were going absolutely nuts for the dude and this weird character he created. 

• Fuck You 5

16 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

It seems that that fella and his restaurant have a pretty heavy following in the "urban" segment.  Is that surprising?  Should I be surprised?

The steak covered with gold leaf is absurd.  Is that a thing anywhere else that I just missed?

It’s been a thing in Japan for sushi, steaks and even ice cream since the 80’s

https://kaname-inn.com/ideas/kanazawa-gold-leaf/

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, PorscheGuy said:

$1000.00 gold leaf tomahawk, give me a break. Can’t believe someone would buy that.

Here’s the thing, he makes it look like everyone ordered that in his social media. Genius. I got to give it to him. I’m sure he is laughing all the way to the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The majority of his clients drive a leased beemer, prob swimming in high interest debt as well 

21 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

It’s been a thing in Japan for sushi, steaks and even ice cream since the 80’s

https://kaname-inn.com/ideas/kanazawa-gold-leaf/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vark

The tradition of using silver and gold foils to decorate food originated from the ancient Ayurvedic practice of using precious metals and pieces of pearl and conch shell in bhasma (medicinal ash).[3] Varaka is mentioned in several ancient Sanskrit documents, particularly in Ayurvedic and medical literature. The word varaka is mentioned with swarna (gold), tara (silver) or rupera (silver) in these documents; the discussion is in three forms of these precious metals: patra (leaf), varaka (thin foil) and bhasma (ash). Ayurvedic documents consider silver as an antimicrobial astringent, while gold is claimed to be an aphrodisiac. This is not unique to Indian subcontinent; in Europe, edible gold (Aureum potabile) and silver were also claimed to have medicinal properties; later studies found that they can indeed be antibacterial owing to the oligodynamic effect