Psychopaths drink their coffee black

Walden Ponderer

Because we're better than you.

From Indy100.com:

If you like your coffee black, you may be someone who prefers strong flavours, takes good care of their health, or just wants to drink their coffee the way it’s supposed to be drunk. 

Or, you may be a psychopath. 

At least, that’s according to a new study published in the journal Appetite, which found a correlation between a love of black coffee and sadist or psychopathic tendencies.

The research surveyed more than 1,000 adults, asking them to give their food and flavour preferences. The participants then took a series of personality tests assessing antisocial personality traits, such as sadism, narcissism and psychopathy. 

The study, carried out by researchers at the University of Innsbruck, found that a preference for bitter flavours was linked to psychopathic behaviour. 

The closest association was between bitter foods and “everyday sadism” – that is to say, enjoyment of inflicting moderate levels of pain on others. 

I take umbrage, personally, at this description of "everyday sadism". I practice exceptional sadism, thank you very much.

That "study" is stupid. They interviewd 1,000 people. Whoopti-fucking-do. I could find 1,000 people that like getting fisted who eat cheeries, but that doesn't mean there is a correlation between the two you dumb twats. 

full disclosure: I drink black coffee and have sadistic urges. 

Stonewall Jackson sucked lemons all day. And he was a pretty sadistic motherfucker, so mebbe there's something to it.

Of course, U.S. Grant chowed down on cucumbers drizzled with vinegar, which just goes to show the crazies are everywhere.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go scrub out some splatter stains. The resemblance to blood is purely a coincidence, so no interviews, please.