Dickhead Neighbors Meta Thread

We have a house in our neighborhood that has about 4 or 5 muscle cars that have gutted their exhaust (straight pipes, no cats, mufflers, etc) and tuned them.  Usually, wouldn't care too damn much, but these dumb asses are driving through the hood in 2nd gear revving the shit out of the car, shaking houses 2-3 blocks away, and we've even gotten notice in our HOA newsletter last week about people "racing" through our neighborhood.  This is especially fun when it's 10 in the evening, and my pregnant wife is awakened by a fly fart in the other side of the house.  Snitches get stitches, so how do I get this shit resolved without calling Greg?

Edited by PvilleStang

4 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

We have a house in our neighborhood that has about 4 or 5 muscle cars that have gutted their exhaust (straight pipes, no cats, mufflers, etc) and tuned them.  Usually, wouldn't care too damn much, but these dumb asses are driving through the hood in 2nd gear revving the shit out of the car, shaking houses 2-3 blocks away, and we've even gotten notice in our HOA newsletter last week about people "racing" through our neighborhood.  This is especially fun when it's 10 in the evening, and my pregnant wife is awakened by a fly fart in the other side of the house.  Snitches get stitches, so how do I get this shit resolved without calling Greg?

You're a car guy so I'm sure you could impress them, befriend them, then ridicule their cars for being louder than they are fast... but that will be time consuming, and i'd rather stab myself in the eyes than have to hang out with today's car culture.

Alternatively, spend about $1k on electric cutouts and leave the not so subtle hint at their front door? They're probably just poors with speed addictions. I would have installed a free e-cutout when i had open downpipe after turbos as a teen. You risk them just reselling the cutouts, but how much is your preg wife being asleep (and quiet) worth to you? A lot, i bet.

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, wd40 said:

forget it , Jake.  it's Pflugerville.

Haven't been in Pflugerville in a while now. 

14 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

You're mad because they impregnated your wife, right?

Nah, pretty sure it was the hotel staff in NYC.

17 hours ago, PvilleStang said:

Well, I did just leave the title at Dickhead Neighbors, figured this could easily turn into the Meta Thread for dickhead neighbors.

see?  I didn't think you wanted a serious answer.  you should have gone with Beta Neighbor Meta Thread, to be more accurate.

So this is where we bitch about our neighbors, right? I had a thread about this on the old site (I bitched about the guy that used to rev his engine every Saturday morning "working" on his car), I was going to fire one up here, but this started, so this seems like a good enough place.

The neighbor across the street decided to undertake a project to do something. I think he goal was to replace his driveway? He tore it up with a jack hammer*, lowered it like 3' and put the rocks in his front and back yards, and then stopped. So since October, it's been like this:

58JNlrj.jpg

Oh, did I mention that I meant October of 2016 is when this project started?

A little more background - this family is an older couple, and 4 or 5 kids (they aren't that social). The husband isn't in the best health (bad back at the least) and doesn't appear to to a lot of real work.

So one Saturday in October 2016, about 2 pm (when it's getting dark here around 6 pm), I notice this sound of what has to be a jackhammer. It's interrupting my college football watching, so I go outside to look. It's my neighbor, tearing up that driveway with a jackhammer. Except it's not the husband, it's the wife!!!!  She's out there, RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT. RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT. RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT. And getting the rocks out of there. He's got a shovel and doing ... less work. My first though it "WTF?" My second though is "Why are they starting so late? This should have been started at 9 AM!!!" This goes on Saturday and Sunday (also with a late start) and they get all the rubble and put it in the front yard.

And then work stops for 6-7 months. And the front yard has two giant piles of rocks covering both sides of that walk way to the door. In the winter it's snow covered and not a total eye sore, but 10 months out of the year - EYESORE. Come June-ish of last year someone must have called the city on them (honestly not me), because a dumpster is put in the driveway and the piles of rubble get hauled away. But there is still a lot of debris around and stuff like that pile of dirt by the trees.

Sometime near the end of the summer they got the jackhammer again because that is how the yard got into the current state.

I just don't understand not finishing that job! WTF?!?!?! You get that started and then you finish it!!! If that's me, I got a plan to finish that in 1 month, 6 weeks TOPS. And at the very least, you get the trash out of there, because it's UGLY. I wonder if they are going to be getting another call to the city again (it might be me this go around)?

Edited by Captain Ron

39 minutes ago, deadshank said:

I share a driveway with aggy neighbor behind me.  He's not real good at keeping up with yard / tree work.  He's had a POS water oak in his back yard that leans out over the fence and into the driveway right above where I park my truck.  I drive a crew cab diesel so I can't put the thing in the garage so it stays outside. 

The tree is a bird sanctuary that hasn''t been limbed up for several years and I get all sorts of bird crap and small branches falling out of that danged tree onto my truck.  

I ask him one day if he is ever going to trim the tree up.  He' says he doesn't have a pole saw.  I have one at my deer camp and I volunteer to bring it back so we can work on that tree.  He's good to go with the plan.

One Sunday afternoon I come back from my deer camp with the pole saw.  As I pull in to the driveway, I notice that he has an arborist out and they are just finishing up pruning all of his trees.  The place looks great...except the problem-for-me tree is still in its usual horrible shape.

I ask the crew if they are going to prune up the shit tree.  They reply to me, "uh, no.  The homeowner says his neighbor has a pole saw and that neighbor said he was going to do that tree." 

Friggin' cheap skate, dumb aggy.  I pruned it up all right.  I butchered that thing so bad he paid the arborist to come back out 2 weeks later and cut the whole damn thing down.

Doin' the Lord's work.