2021 Body Transformation Thread

troph

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

it also doesn't help that my wife likes my current weight better than my "aids look." her words.

Not surprising.  Women of a certain age have told me that they don't always like it when men of a certain age are in great shape.  They might not like a "dad bod," but many like a little padding so they don't feel too insecure. 

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

Not surprising.  Women of a certain age have told me that they don't always like it when men of a certain age are in great shape.  They might not like a "dad bod," but many like a little padding so they don't feel too insecure. 

it's been about 15 years ago, in one year wife lost 75#, did braces, and I was just waiting for the boob job request, soon to followed by my eviction.  LOlz.

Boobjob and divorce never happened, but her confidence soared.  It was sexy as hell.  People underestimate the power of self-image, both positive and negative.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

it's been about 15 years ago, in one year wife lost 75#, did braces, and I was just waiting for the boob job request, soon to followed by my eviction.  LOlz.

Boobjob and divorce never happened, but her confidence soared.  It was sexy as hell.  People underestimate the power of self-image, both positive and negative.

Agree. Start looking good and your woman will get insecure and it will motivate her to look better as well.

I’ll routinely get sucked into reading Men’s Health articles about dramatic transformations.

Yesterday a guy had lost 35 pounds doing the usual. Gym, eating better, rest, etc.. it didn’t mention his height but he started at 176 and got to 141. I don’t know many guys over 5’2” that weigh near that amount. That weight is just unrealistic to most.

10 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

I’ll routinely get sucked into reading Men’s Health articles about dramatic transformations.

Yesterday a guy had lost 35 pounds doing the usual. Gym, eating better, rest, etc.. it didn’t mention his height but he started at 176 and got to 141. I don’t know many guys over 5’2” that weigh near that amount. That weight is just unrealistic to most.

I look like a chemo patient at 180 and I’m 6’2”. 185-190 is my sweet spot.

Who is prescribing your dosages? I know professional bodybuilders that don’t take that much Tren in a week, and most stay away from Deca because the liver toxicity of Tren by itself is insane and stacking it with Deca would be a great way to watch your ALT and eGFR go to absolute shit. . Also, your test dose is incredibly low.

• Hook 'Em 1

Started my journey “back” in March of 2020. Figured one of two things would happen with Covid. I’d balloon out of control, or I’d take control. Decided to take control. Started at 293. Weigh in last Friday at 206.6. 

Doc put me on Contrave and that shit worked for me. Took the edge off the NEED for massive quantities of food. Switched to higher protein lower carb diet. Nothing specific and tried to keep daily calorie content below 1800. 

Lab work showed elevated liver enzymes 2 months ago and Dr freaked out and tapered me off contrave. The floodgates opened for that 2 week period. Gained 8 lbs... repeat labs came back normal so I’m back on the med and back on the wagon. 

really need to ramp up my exercise. I need to commit to regular rowing and lifting sessions. I’m spotty at best. 

what are y’all’s thoughts on intermittent fasting? I’m looking at keeping my diet the same but doing 16 off a s 8 on for food intake. Good plan?

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, 4HE said:

Started my journey “back” in March of 2020. Figured one of two things would happen with Covid. I’d balloon out of control, or I’d take control. Decided to take control. Started at 293. Weigh in last Friday at 206.6. 

Doc put me on Contrave and that shit worked for me. Took the edge off the NEED for massive quantities of food. Switched to higher protein lower carb diet. Nothing specific and tried to keep daily calorie content below 1800. 

Lab work showed elevated liver enzymes 2 months ago and Dr freaked out and tapered me off contrave. The floodgates opened for that 2 week period. Gained 8 lbs... repeat labs came back normal so I’m back on the med and back on the wagon. 

really need to ramp up my exercise. I need to commit to regular rowing and lifting sessions. I’m spotty at best. 

what are y’all’s thoughts on intermittent fasting? I’m looking at keeping my diet the same but doing 16 off a s 8 on for food intake. Good plan?

I find that intermittent fasting works and can be a long-term lifestyle to maintain a healthy weight. I know more people who've been able to lose weight, keep it off using intermittent fasting as a true lifestyle change versus keto. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Who is prescribing your dosages? I know professional bodybuilders that don’t take that much Tren in a week, and most stay away from Deca because the liver toxicity of Tren by itself is insane and stacking it with Deca would be a great way to watch your ALT and eGFR go to absolute shit. . Also, your test dose is incredibly low.

I do bloods regularly. The low deca dose is for joint relief. TRT level test while adding anabolics is very common especially with tren. It's my third tren cycle. 600mgs a week is also common for someone who has previous cycles under their belt. For many guys 600 is a sweet spot.

30 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I’m very familiar with anabolics, hence my comments above. Do what you want, but in my opinion you’re getting very bad advice.

Tell me about your personal experience with gear and cycles brother, I say that honestly and non confrontational. We are all on this thread on different paths but we are all here to learn and hopefully get good feedback plus some positive motivation. I've been running gear here and there for 10 years. I've ran just test, high test & low tren, high test high tren, lots of npp which I prefer over deca, test & primo, used mast as a finisher with anavar, etc. I'm no expert all I can do is just describe what I do or have done. I'm regularly on reddit steroids which is a very good and popular channel for people on gear. 

24 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Is your PCP prescribing or a Wellness type clinic?

Ugl and I monitor my bloods myself on cycle and submit bloods on reddit steroids. I also go to my doctor and do regular bloodwork plus test and estrogen twice a year. 200 mgs o a week of test cy or e gets me to 1100 to 1200 on test. 

14 hours ago, 4HE said:

Intermittent fasting helped me get from 300+ to 180s. I still do it to stay on the leaner side. I’ve gained about 4 pounds in 1.5 months by increasing protein intake for dinner/snack in the evenings before bed. I don’t “bulk and then cut” because for me, I like seeing my lifts go up very gradually while still being as lean as possible. It’s hard to “get off the wagon” of bulking for me.

I really do one meal a day (dinner) and a snack consisting of carbs mainly (and casein protein) at night about 30 minutes before I go to bed. Dinner consists of a lean protein of some sort and greens. Pork tenderloin, chicken breast, venison, turkey, fish, etc.

Im up to 187 pounds body weight, bench one rep max of 230, squat 230x5. Never looked this good in my life really. I’m 6’2” also.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Got a 5k on May 15th. Started back running a few weeks ago. My wife is running the 15k with her dad. Back last summer/fall, it would have been a good goal to shoot for running a 15k. After getting back in to the gym, running has kind of lost its luster for me. I was down to an 8:30/mil for 4+ miles at a time. Down to a 9:15/mile for 3 miles now. I may be able to get in to the 8:00s by race day. That’ll be a good goal.

• Hook 'Em 3

15 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Got a 5k on May 15th. Started back running a few weeks ago. My wife is running the 15k with her dad. Back last summer/fall, it would have been a good goal to shoot for running a 15k. After getting back in to the gym, running has kind of lost its luster for me. I was down to an 8:30/mil for 4+ miles at a time. Down to a 9:15/mile for 3 miles now. I may be able to get in to the 8:00s by race day. That’ll be a good goal.

Keep it up brother. We're proud of you.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Errestaurants said:

Genuinely curious question: why are you running gear? I’ve watched quite a few documentaries on people running tren with test and the benefits, side effects from it. Not hating at all, just curious as to why you’re doing it. Is it to get big, push your natural limits or something else?

I definitely understand the need for men with low T to be on TRT but I’m curious of your age, any worry of long term side effects from you, etc.

Thanks bud.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, pearlandhorn said:

Genuinely curious question: why are you running gear? I’ve watched quite a few documentaries on people running tren with test and the benefits, side effects from it. Not hating at all, just curious as to why you’re doing it. Is it to get big, push your natural limits or something else?

I definitely understand the need for men with low T to be on TRT but I’m curious of your age, any worry of long term side effects from you, etc.

Thanks bud.

Great question brother. I've been running gear off and on for 10 years or so. Just enjoying getting above my genetic ceiling. Some of it of course is vanity and probably insecurities that I have being a skinny guy growing up. Now I blast and cruise. 20 weeks on and 20 weeks just trt. Definitely some worries about the long term sides but I do get my bloods checked regularly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The ground is soaked today and I am going to opt out of sprints today and just do jump rope. I have a 1/4 and 1/2 pound rope and was curious if anyone has tried those 3 pound ropes.

If so, is there any noticable cardio benefit or does it just engage your back muscles more?

Great question brother. I've been running gear off and on for 10 years or so. Just enjoying getting above my genetic ceiling. Some of it of course is vanity and probably insecurities that I have being a skinny guy growing up. Now I blast and cruise. 20 weeks on and 20 weeks just trt. Definitely some worries about the long term sides but I do get my bloods checked regularly. 

Don’t take this the wrong way, and I feel comfortable saying this because I don’t think you’re going to take it personal, but you’re getting some absolutely horrendous advice. Going to Reddit for guidance on this matter is full of more broscience than the BB.com forums of the early 2000’s. Also, please understand I have no moral or ethical aversion to performance enhancers. I’ve dabbled in them myself and I have several close friends in the bodybuilding industry. Hell I workout at Ronnie’s gym. I think it should all be legal and it should be a personal choice, but that’s another discussion for another time.

Tren is hands down the most hepatotoxic AAS you can put in to your body. Most professional athletes play with the stuff once or twice and they’re done with it. It will kill you. Mike Materrazzo, Mike Mentzer, Andreas Munzer, Art Atwood. The list of distinguished bb’ers that died at an early age is quite long. The absolute max cycle length for Tren would be 10 weeks, and that’s a bit long. And that’s also at 150mg every other day. 600mg+ for 20 weeks is scary. And if you’re not trying to be Mr. Olympia I don’t understand the thought process behind this usage.

These days professional bodybuilders are taking a fraction of what people actually think they are. My good friend that finished 2nd place once at the Mr. Olympia and won two Arnold Classic titles only used Tren once. And at his peak he was using 800mg of test cyp. There are much less harsh compounds that will give you a similar hard, dense look like Tren does but without near as much danger.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Running is the worst. I won’t do it.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Thanks bud.

It’s been a while since I’ve run gear but the best part for me was zero recovery. Hit it hard one day and you feel fine, if not better, the next. It’s crazy if your gains are fast and sticky like mine were.
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

It’s been a while since I’ve run gear but the best part for me was zero recovery. Hit it hard one day and you feel fine, if not better, the next. It’s crazy if your gains are fast and sticky like mine were.

I'm probably a victim to watching way too many documentaries about it that I'm afraid to ever try it for two reasons: 1) long-term health issues in my 40s/50s and 2) loving it too much and not being able to quit (leading to number 1).  Kinda like drugs and alcohol to me.  I don't want to make it a part of my routine because it'd be so hard to quit.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Don’t take this the wrong way, and I feel comfortable saying this because I don’t think you’re going to take it personal, but you’re getting some absolutely horrendous advice. Going to Reddit for guidance on this matter is full of more broscience than the BB.com forums of the early 2000’s. Also, please understand I have no moral or ethical aversion to performance enhancers. I’ve dabbled in them myself and I have several close friends in the bodybuilding industry. Hell I workout at Ronnie’s gym. I think it should all be legal and it should be a personal choice, but that’s another discussion for another time.

Tren is hands down the most hepatotoxic AAS you can put in to your body. Most professional athletes play with the stuff once or twice and they’re done with it. It will kill you. Mike Materrazzo, Mike Mentzer, Andreas Munzer, Art Atwood. The list of distinguished bb’ers that died at an early age is quite long. The absolute max cycle length for Tren would be 10 weeks, and that’s a bit long. And that’s also at 150mg every other day. 600mg+ for 20 weeks is scary. And if you’re not trying to be Mr. Olympia I don’t understand the thought process behind this usage.

These days professional bodybuilders are taking a fraction of what people actually think they are. My good friend that finished 2nd place once at the Mr. Olympia and won two Arnold Classic titles only used Tren once. And at his peak he was using 800mg of test cyp. There are much less harsh compounds that will give you a similar hard, dense look like Tren does but without near as much danger.

Appreciate the real conversation brother. I may end this early and just do eq at say 400 a week. I'm doing some labs next Friday. I'll definitely post them when they come back. Right now my main sides are the mental ( which u know about), sweating like a pig especially at night and darker urine. Please keeping posting and giving your thoughts you know I appreciate it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Errestaurants said:

Appreciate the real conversation brother. I may end this early and just do eq at say 400 a week. I'm doing some labs next Friday. I'll definitely post them when they come back. Right now my main sides are the mental ( which u know about), sweating like a pig especially at night and darker urine. Please keeping posting and giving your thoughts you know I appreciate it. 

I have nothing to contribute on the pros and cons of what you're putting into your body, except your reported side affects are concerning.  Long term side affects aren't worth aesthetic benefits in the shorter term.  Hope you figure something out from your labs.

And I completely get your vanity angle, coming from somebody who was rail thin growing up and never had confidence until I started seriously lifting during my 20s, and then taking it back up when I hit 40.  It's probably why I spend way too much of my disposable income on protein powders and a shitload of supplements that my body probably doesn't need.  But hey, my girlfriend thinks I look good naked, so I guess I'll keep it up (pun intended).

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/23/2021 at 10:56 AM, 4th&Five said:

this has been my issue during covid.  i gained about 10lbs last summer and just haven't been motivated to cut an extra cheat meal or bag of chips or breakfast taco.  hopefully with a trip to kauai now on the books i'll find the motivation to lose it. it also doesn't help that my wife likes my current weight better than my "aids look." her words.

Must be tough sledding for Tim McGraw. 

Any tips on specific protein mixes that could help me add on some bulk I’ve lost over the past ~year. Covid lockdown stress/wfh/dad from home 24/7 has peaked my stress levels and I’m a stress non-eater. I’d like to find something simple, straight forward and restart a steady lifting/HIIT regimen that I can make work. I haven’t lost a dramatic amount of weight or anything but definitely feeling less filled out and I’d like to find my old form. 

What does your diet look like? You should get your protein from whole food sources. Get your diet right first then revisit the supplement conversation, otherwise you’re spinning your wheels and wasting your money. When you absolutely can not eat any more, that’s where protein shakes come in. Remember it’s called a supplement, not a replacement. About the only people that should be drinking protein shakes are athletes and bodybuilders.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, hookemATL said:

Any tips on specific protein mixes that could help me add on some bulk I’ve lost over the past ~year. Covid lockdown stress/wfh/dad from home 24/7 has peaked my stress levels and I’m a stress non-eater. I’d like to find something simple, straight forward and restart a steady lifting/HIIT regimen that I can make work. I haven’t lost a dramatic amount of weight or anything but definitely feeling less filled out and I’d like to find my old form. 

I do a scoop and a half of whey isolate right after the gym (about 40g). I then eat the hell out of chicken or some other lean protein for dinner. About 30 minutes or so before bed, I do a scoop and a half of casein protein (again, about 40g). 

The only real fat in my diet is from Italian dressing for my salad at dinner, a bit of shredded cheese, and some cashews at night with the casein.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/1/2021 at 11:46 AM, hookemATL said:

Your question cannot be answered without any dietary information. You mentioned that you don't eat due to stress, so it sounds like you might be struggling to build a calorie surplus in order to bulk. Do you have a targeted amount of calories in order to bulk? If so, what is it? Going back to Herbies post, everyone's maco and micro nutrient goals should be maxed out with whole foods. What percentage of protein is in your macro ratio?

If you provide your targeted calories and macro ratio the question would be somewhat answerable. It might be as simple as eat more chicken and drink 8 ounces of milk post workouts. Or add some olive oil to get more fat and calories into your diet.

On 5/1/2021 at 1:27 PM, Herbie Hancock said:

What does your diet look like? You should get your protein from whole food sources. Get your diet right first then revisit the supplement conversation, otherwise you’re spinning your wheels and wasting your money. When you absolutely can not eat any more, that’s where protein shakes come in. Remember it’s called a supplement, not a replacement. About the only people that should be drinking protein shakes are athletes and bodybuilders.

I mostly agree with this. You should definitely try and get as much of your protein as possible from normal food sources. That said, if you're trying to stay lean while also building muscle, supplementation is very helpful. It is difficult to get enough protein (.8 grams per lb of bodyweight to avoid muscle loss if you're staying neutral or in a slight caloric deficit) while also staying near calorie neutral unless you're ok eating just plain chicken breast all the time.  High quality whey protein provides a calorie efficient source of protein so that you can expand the rest of your diet while still getting sufficient protein. This isn't as important if you still have excess body fat, but once you're leaner (like 14% or less body fat), supplementation makes life a lot easier. I don't think you need to be an athlete or a serious bodybuilder to benefit. 

Thanks all for the input. I have a relatively clean diet and work hard to get clean protein from food sources. I avoid bullshit foods and rarely drink (not a teetotaler but I dont really Notice if I dont have beer in the fridge/booze in the cabinet). 

My issue comes with a lack of appetite that keeps me from intaking the volume of protein that I am looking for. Perhaps I am better off asking what is a better way to improve my appetite and keep it on solid footing. 

and yes 14% and less is my body fat range. Definitely not in the body builder mindset, just wanting to maintain good tone and not have my weight fluctuate as much. Also bikini season is upon us and I want my new floss style thongs to catch eyes. 

5 hours ago, hookemATL said:

My issue comes with a lack of appetite that keeps me from intaking the volume of protein that I am looking for. Perhaps I am better off asking what is a better way to improve my appetite and keep it on solid footing. 

Probably best to track your intake to ensure you are hitting your targeted intake of calories. Just like the guys trying to lose weight with a calorie deficit. The appetite may never increase so you just might have to eat for gains and not because you enjoy it. Just like those guys are eating stuff they don't enjoy but need to run a deficit.

Now I am going to go pop open a can of sardines because I need the protein not because I like sardines. lol

• Haha 1

Name brand whey protein in whole milk. Three a day, in between meals. If THAT doesn't bulk you up, you have the metabolism of a hummingbird and eff you.

33 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

That’s a good call. I really miss whole milk, but nobody in the household will touch it. Granted once my newest daughter turns 1 she will transition to whole milk, so that will give me an excuse to buy it more often anyway. 

Our household only buys whole milk. 2% tastes like water.