Matthew McConaughey Truly Considering Run for Governor

Horn Under a Bad Sign

I was at the Moody Center ground breaking two years ago. The stage was lightly attended as Fenves, del Conte and then  the Moodys spoke. The moment McConaughey took the stage every woman at the event made a mad dash from the complementary food stands to the stage.  

Yeah, I think he could beat an R. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Here in CA, the governor's mansion is almost ALWAYS held by a Dem.  But CA absolutely needed (needs) some more fiscal responsibility/accountability than anyone in Sacramento has the stomach for.  So in an effort to bring some sanity to spending, we had to turn to a celebrity.  Still didn't work, but it was the only way to unseat the spendocrats (note- this harkens back to a time when the biggest difference in the parties was the fiscal approach.  Not this shitshow we have today.  Said former governor is as disgusted as anyone with the state of things).

bod

Yeah, that's not what happened.  

CA got cornholed by ENRON.  They fucked up our energy grid for their own greedy profits, and everybody blamed Davis for the AC not working.  

If there wasn't rolling blackouts, Arnold wouldn't have happened.  

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Glad to see this thread wasn’t three pages long already due to actual discussion of the probability of wooderson running for gov. 

In the other MM thread, I said this. So I will say it again.

On 11/19/2020 at 1:36 PM, washparkhorn said:

I am down with it. If it turns Texas blue, why not. Texas should be more independent of the confederate south. The subservience to the Republican Party is atypical for Texas. 

His advisors and those counseling him need to provide him with a comprehensive narrative of why voters should choose him. He would need to stay on message. Minimize the Wooderson musing and get out concrete proposals. 

Texas is a goldmine for economic expansion, growth, and better living for all - if they move from an antebellum South stance to a Western United States orientation. The South and its legacy is holding down Texas' ambitions. 

Look West, young man, away from idlers and imbeciles. ~Horace Wooderson Greeley

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, crash_davis said:

i think people will be surprised to find out that he's more on the right than he is on the left.

too lazy to post links but he's been on right wing podcasts. he told everyone to give trump a chance. he's slowly being more public with his christianity.

He certainly comes off as celebrities shut your pie holes, and stop playing the outrage game...  That's good regardless of party.

1 minute ago, TexasBuckeye said:

I would say yes a month ago. I'm about 3/4 through his book/memoir "Greenlights". He doesn't seem to have a good grip on reality after reading it. 

Republicans don’t either, so....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, TexasBuckeye said:

I would say yes a month ago. I'm about 3/4 through his book/memoir "Greenlights". He doesn't seem to have a good grip on reality after reading it. 

I would say he is not dogmatic. He tends to view issues through a variety of lenses and with an open mind. It's a healthy mindset for working a problem, imho.

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

And that extremely small percentage has a history of groping for trout in a peculiar river.

Liveleak.com - House Votes To Remove Nut-job Rep. Marjorie ...

In Alabam, I believe they call that noodling.  I expec that's true in Georgia, too.

Edited by TwiceHorn

21 minutes ago, TexasBuckeye said:

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Republicans don’t either, so....

Haha. Yeah, I'm like well-does he leave town when the power goes out? Does he go around checking bathrooms to make sure everyone is using an approved gender bathroom? Does he send out a fundraising mailer telling people to defend Texas against illegal immigration the day before a murderer strikes in El Paso? No? Well, he's already passed a couple of hurdles then.....reality or not.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

In Alabam, I believe they call that noodling.  I expec that's true in Georgia, too.

True, true in more ways than one.

The original phrase is from Shakespeare's Measure for Measure. Funny how well Shakespeare has stood the test of time.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TexasBuckeye said:

Abbot went on Fox News in the middle of the snowvid crisis and blamed the issue on windmills.

My standards have shifted. I really don’t care what anyone else might have said. The corrupt republicans have got to go.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

In the other MM thread, I said this. So I will say it again.

Look West, young man, away from idlers and imbeciles. ~Horace Wooderson Greeley

Quote within a quote got lost a bit, but in the same vein, there is no reason why Texas can't have a democrat governor who is a somewhat "conservative" democrat. The national party seems to want candidates to toe a certain line, but I would just be happy if we could get someone capable of representing us.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Dude, I was talking about a very noted subset of Suburban white women who everyone laughed at and caricatured for essentially being married to loser Trump men and thirsted for Beto or were just horny old women who enjoyed Beto running and talking about him at brunch with other white wino women. Beto was their modern 50 Shades of Gray book club. I was pretty clear I thought....so if you feel I was talking about you or your wife; the shoe fits I guess.

Upper Westside seems like a pretty mellow dude, but I like how he negs every one of your posts.  BTW, why don't you give DC a rest and log back into you Anastasis handle for a while. I got that on ignore.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Upper Westside seems like a pretty mellow dude, but I like how he negs every one of your posts.  BTW, why don't you give DC a rest and log back into you Anastasis handle for a while. I got that on ignore.  

Look how brain damaged this poster is. 

10 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

God you’re so gross and stupid.

The ignorance and misogyny needed to accuse women of voting with their vaginas when this very board is lousy with dudes proclaiming which female politicians get their ducks hard is mind blowing.

Why Dont We Have Both GIF

• Fuck You 2

10 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

The ignorance and misogyny needed to accuse women of voting with their vaginas when this very board is lousy with dudes proclaiming which female politicians get their ducks hard is mind blowing.

Why Dont We Have Both GIF

• Fuck You 2

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I think it's funny and like that, too. It let's me know I'm on the right side of an issue when I get an old neg from U-dub.

Can't we all just get along? Aren't you people content with your stimmy's? What else do you people need to be agreeable?

15 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Actual, real "Conservative" isn't a bad thing.  What is considered "Conservative" now is, i.e.  faux conservatives like Trump and the GQP.  

Whatever, it’s been a grift from the beginning. All conservatism has ever been about is keeping “your” people at the top of the food chain under the guise of Jesus and deregulation. Christian nationalism is a logical evolution from “real” conservatism. 

Bad thing. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

He thanked Jordan Peterson in his book, has been consulting with Peterson for a year, and appeared on his podcast recently.   Just so you all know what you’re getting into ...

Thanks.

Once MM's philosophical journey finally reaches Derrida, he will know himself.  

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/derrida/

18 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I mean, over hot wheels?  Absolutely, but I don't really want to continue this celebrity to politician train.

Man, I think that ship has sailed. If The Rock runs in 2024, does anyone anywhere honestly believe that he wouldn't win in a landslide? I think it's only a matter of time before the biggest offices are determined by who's the bigger celebrity. We're Americans; it's every we deserve. Politicians and corporations will just back who they think they can control.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TexasBuckeye said:

i read the book, he's crazy.  but he's sincere and has integrity.  

3 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

All conservatism has ever been about is keeping “your” people at the top of the food chain under the guise of Jesus and deregulation. Christian nationalism is a logical evolution from “real” conservatism. 

ahem

quote-barry-goldwater.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa here...  lets be real for a minute, ok?  Only male politicians get Donkey's dick(if he has one and it's debatable) hard. 

He was interviewed by Al Roker on The Today Show this morning and the subject came up. He said it was “honorable” to consider a run but he doesn’t know what he’s going to do in the next stage of his life. He said maybe he’d be a “free agent” but didn’t explain what that meant. He also is organizing a benefit concert to help the people of Texas affected by the recent disaster and said he is going to DJ and rap.

It was a pretty long segment and mostly focused on the lingering impact of the disaster.