Big 12 quarterfinal: (3) Texas vs. (6) Texas Tech

Machinator

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

FML. Worked called and missed the last 3 minutes. Please tell me it was glorious. Fuck those tortilla throwers. 

It was very very not glorious it was pitiful and ugly but somehow got the dub

• Hook 'Em 1

I tuned in late. What's up with Greg brown?
He got fouled in the first half where a tech player kicked out his ankle but there was no call. Then in the second half he got called for a questionable double dribble. He immediately came out and went up the tunnel to cool down/pout.

He had a nice dunk if I recall or good play in the first half and show boated a bit staring down the defender. Surprised it didn’t get called a Tech.
Yeah I was just waiting for a whistle there. Stupid stupid.

But man that was a great putback.

5 minutes ago, Assman said:

Big win.  The fact that we beat a team that has owned us as of late and had to overcome the usual Big 12 officiating, is huge.  BTW, fuck those officials. 

I'm not sure I've see a group of officials bail out obvious flops more.  holy shit they were awful.

Just now, gsoda3 said:
1 minute ago, Tommy Nobis said:

He had a nice dunk if I recall or good play in the first half and show boated a bit staring down the defender. Surprised it didn’t get called a Tech.

Yeah I was just waiting for a whistle there. Stupid stupid.

Thought the same thing about a T being called.  It's fun to dunk over people, but GB needs stop the stare downs before he hurts the team again. 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Pretty much locked up a 4 seed. Still think we can be a 3 with Villanova’s slide. We might be battling KU tomorrow for that 3 seed - winner gets it 

its a similar situation in reverse.  we are going for the 3-0 to potentially flip seeds.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Not like we play the conference darlings tomorrow or anything 

Are they the conference darlings? Or do they just beat so much ass that it doesn't matter. I don't remember that 2nd game against them being particularly bad officiating wise.

That's the mentally toughest win of the Shaka Smart era. Can't remember another game where we overcame so much, and were able to grit out a win. Overcoming so many big deficits (inc 10 pts twice), playing 5 against 8, every single lose ball ending up in Tech's possession, Sims foul trouble, Brown's moment, relying on Cunningham down the stretch, Tech balling out with extreme effort, and we still pulled out the win!

Hook 'Em! 🤘🤘🤘

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, ztejas said:

Are they the conference darlings? Or do they just beat so much ass that it doesn't matter. I don't remember that 2nd game against them being particularly bad officiating wise.

its a bit different with no fans.  they usually get all the calls in KC.

Here's what Lunardi had before the game, think Okie St losing tomorrow could lock a 3 seed for us. 2 seed in play only with a conference title. Florida St lost a chance to help themselves with Duke forfeiting. Unless there's an upset one of UVA/FSU probably compete for 3 seed with a conference title win.

Edited by Teryor

Just now, dcar00 said:

its a bit different with no fans.  they usually get all the calls in KC.

But also a lot of deference to the HoF coach. We see Huggy get it. 

I hope we channel our win in Lawrence and beat them by 26 this time!

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Perhaps you should review the previous 24 seasons of Big 12 Basketball re officiating in KU games. 

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I'm not sure I've see a group of officials bail out obvious flops more.  holy shit they were awful.

Tech players are very good at anticipating contact and timing their flail to embellish. It's smart basketball but very annoying to watch.

Just now, Teryor said:

Here's what Lunardi had before the game, think Okie St losing tomorrow could lock a 3 seed for us. 2 seed in play only with a conference title. Florida St lost a chance to hlp themselves with Duke forfeiting. Unless there's an upset one of UVA/FSU probably compete for 3 seed with a conference title win.

Houston at a 2 kills me.  Sampson is dirty as shit but he can fucking flat out coach

I would have been fucking pissed if Shaka had put GB back in the game. 

If he wants to say in the press conference that it was his ankle, for some cover, that's fine. But inside that locker room it's going to be made abundantly clear to him by his teammates and his coaches that his fucking bullshit tonight isn't going to fly. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, dcar00 said:

Houston at a 2 kills me.  Sampson is dirty as shit but he can fucking flat out coach

Sure. But sure feels like they are really coasting off that Tech win in November.  Those losses to #123 Tulsa and to #174 ECU are so BAD. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Assman said:

Big win.  The fact that we beat a team that has owned us as of late and had to overcome the usual Big 12 officiating, is huge.  BTW, fuck those officials. 

Not to mention overcoming 2 points from GB3 and 0 from Ramey. 

Beard is so in Ramey’s head. He’s gonna have like 25 tomorrow somehow 

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Sure. But sure feels like they are really coasting off that Tech win in November.  Those losses to #123 Tulsa and to #174 ECU are so BAD. 

yikes didn't know that.  hadn't really looked.  if we beat Baylor we might be able to bounce them.