Big XII Tourn. Semifinal: Texas v. Kansas

Guest Lobo

Texas opens this morning as a 1-point favorite.  Tipoff at 8:35p-CST on ESPN2.  My only inside tip is that somebody close to the KU program indicated another player for the Jayhawks may not be cleared to play tonight.  

As stated in another thread, last time somebody beat Kansas 3 times in one season was nearly 40 years ago---Oklahoma State in the 82-83 season.  

Have not been following bracketology like y'all have this month, but I would think we solidified a #3 seed with the win last night over Texas Tech.  Maybe in some bizarro-world, we could win the whole conference tournament and move up to the last #2 seed (if some others ahead of us stumble today-thru-Sunday).  But I'd say that's slim.  I think no matter what happens tonight, we're locked in as one of the last 2 #3 seed selections with a really narrow path to moving up beyond that.  Any other year, we'd worry about geographic proximity but at this point it's just varying degrees of shitty places in Indiana.  

Anyway, it's Lenten Friday.  But I'm drinking tonight for this game.  Should be good.  

McCormack is their 3rd leading scorer and 2nd leading rebounder and top shot blocker.   He's also their best finisher (51% FG) and top FT shooter (80.2%).

Game @ KU - 0-4, 8 points (8-8 FT), 5 boards

Game in Austin - 5-9 for 12 points (2-4 FT), 4 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, 2 turnovers

Enaruna did not play the game in Lawrence.  In the game in Austin, he was 2-6 for 5 points (1-2 FT), with 5 boards, a block and steal and a turnover.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

My only inside tip is that somebody close to the KU program indicated another player for the Jayhawks may not be cleared to play tonight.  

You can't just go on the internet and post stuff like this. The Nevada State Gambling Commission will come knocking and you don't want to be around when they do.

But, if true, Texas actually has a really good chance to win tonight. We didn't play that well against Tech. Kansas is a better matchup for us and they are missing a couple key guys. 

Yeah yeah, 3 times in one season, Bill Self, something something Bob Bowlsby...

Texas is the better basketball team going into tonight. That doesn't always result in a win, especially with Shaka at the helm, but I'm not scared to death over here. Kansas is very beatable as displayed twice already.

Edited by ztejas
Wrong idiom

13 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Sims, Brown and Jones just need to live in the paint and dominate. With two contributing guys out, KU should be tired. We need to push the tempo and hand it to Sims down low. Seems easy enough.

Hence, we'll just bomb away from the 3 and go 4-27 in the process.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's terrible writing.  It makes it sound as if the player was removed from the tournament, not the team.

Those are actually replies. This was the original tweet:

edit: nm, saw that the original tweet was posted too.

Edited by CurlyDumps

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I was talking about the tweet.  The noun preceding "has been removed" is "player".

Yeah I missed the post with the original tweet. And I see how that was confusing. That shit irritates me too.

Sucks for OU. Imagine if they catch a positive test.

1 minute ago, Dr Fear said:

Can KU even play in the tournament?  They were talking about the protocols last night post game, teams enter the bubble on Monday.

Players need a week of negative tests and they need at least 5 healthy players. 1st round is Friday/Saturday, I'm sure they'll be placed in a Saturday game which might cost them a seed line, who knows.

• Like 1