South Carolina @ Texas Series Thread

Horny Bull

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I kind of get it but you have to know the speed of your player.  that was never deep enough with even an average arm/throw.  make the pitcher throw some more pitches early in the game

Yeah it was kind of 50/50. Who knows? Maybe the right fielder air mails it but yeah in hindsight, make their pitcher face another guy

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Yeah it was kind of 50/50. Who knows? Maybe the right fielder air mails it but yeah in hindsight, make their pitcher face another guy

I mean, theoretically, the guy in RF should be in RF because he can make that throw, and longer ones, on a line, every time.  Thinking he's gonna rainbow it or miss isn't a very good bet against a quality team like SCe.

Just now, Fletch said:

well this is south carolina, not TAMU CC.  my guess is their RF is gonna be pretty damn good.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I mean, theoretically, the guy in RF should be in RF because he can make that throw, and longer ones, on a line, every time.  Thinking he's gonna rainbow it or miss isn't a very good bet against a quality team like SCe.

maybe pierce thought he was coaching 10u and SC was hiding their worst fielder in right.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

That was the most zubia at bat ever. Watch a hanger. Foul off a fast ball. Chase one in the dirt. Sigh 

He was batting like .390 a few games ago and I still expected him to strike out swinging every time. It’s a sad state of affairs on the hitting side of things.

Edited by Horny Bull
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Maybe Pierce's desperate and maniacal running decisions are based on the knowledge that we can't hit for shit and are going to need to manufacture runs.

I would agree with this.  any reasonably good pitching makes us look foolish so far this year.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Hodo maybe the first real impact underclassman legacy since Street?  I don't count the brothers Clemens as impact underclassmen.  

I was skeptical about his hitting, but he has surprised me. Hopefully he can keep it up because his speed is legit.

Edited by Horny Bull