Big 12 Tournament Championship Game - #13 Texas vs. #12 Oklahoma State - 5:00 ESPN

BigOrange1

2 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Fuck you buddy, we’re pretty chill around here and I didn’t see any shit talking before the game. 

I like all the Ok St posters on this board, this wasn’t directed at anyone. But the 2015 football game kind of ruined whatever affinity I had for y’all. 

Fuck, this team's confidence has to be soaring right now. When they beat KU the first time, their confidence soared and they were unbeatable for a while. What an excellent time to start March Madness. Let's fucking gooooooo!!

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, I'm not sure Ramey brings anything to the table to offset Jones' scoring abilities, but I'm all ears.

I honestly think Ramey is as crucial to this team in winning a game as anyone, but he is hot and cold.

Ramey is a better distributor and defender. I think his energy and communication is better if you want to get into intangibles. 

Actually, if you combined their games, you'd have a very good college PG. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, ztejas said:

Ramey is a better distributor and defender. I think his energy and communication is better if you want to get into intangibles. 

Actually, if you combined their games, you'd have a very good college PG. 

agree and therein lies the problem...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

He will be on an NBA roster at least for a while.  I don’t expect him to be a high pick and he might be in and out of the league since he has no shooting range at all, but guys with lesser size/athleticism profiles have made rosters to carve out a defensive role.  Long term, if he develops even a little bit of a shot, he could have a stable NBA career.  

If I were him I'd practice FT's, a few post moves and most importantly ball handling.  he's never going to shoot outside of 10 feet in the NBA

5 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Fuck you buddy, we’re pretty chill around here and I didn’t see any shit talking before the game. 

Good game--took Texas to fire on all cylinders to win. OSU is a good team that can do some damage in the tourney and a tough out for any of the top teams in their bracket.  Great win for the Horns.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Would rather be the best 3 seed than a 2 seed in Gonzaga or Baylor's region.

I could be wrong, but from what I've seen, they're seeding the teams oddly this year.  The top 2 #3 seeds were put in the same bracket as Gonzaga and the #2 overall seed.  It was something like this:

1 2 3 4

8 7 6 5

9 10 11 12

So the overall 8 and 9 seeds (top two 3 seeds were in the same bracket as the top 2 1 seeds.)  I.E. 1, 8, and 9 in a bracket, 2, 7, and 10, 3, 6, and 11, 4, 5, and 12.  I could be wrong, it could be the bourbon, but I swear I saw this a couple of days ago.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I’d fucking ban KU from the big dance. How the fuck do you catch Covid in a fucking bubble with vaccines widely available? I’ll get over it but damn I’m pissed right now. Again, not your fault, Fuck KU.

Same with Duke and UVA forfeiting their games--two teams with great academics and one with a good medical program. But I'll take it--fuck them.  

Edited by Mdhorn

Just now, Knoxtnhorn said:

I could be wrong, but from what I've seen, they're seeding the teams oddly this year.  The top 2 #3 seeds were put in the same bracket as Gonzaga and the #2 overall seed.  It was something like this:

1 2 3 4

8 7 6 5

9 10 11 12

So the overall 8 and 9 seeds (top two 3 seeds were in the same bracket as the top 2 1 seeds.)

Supposed to be seeded on an S curve with slight adjustments to avoid conference matchups. Because no geography needed

• Hook 'Em 1