Big 12 Tournament Championship Game - #13 Texas vs. #12 Oklahoma State - 5:00 ESPN

BigOrange1

just now finishing up the game on my DVR and getting to see the post game celebration for the first time. fucking awesome. AJ carrying Shaka halfway across the court, Matt Coleman saying he has tears of joy in his eyes, Greg Brown all wide eyed and gleeful; this is what it's all about man. fucking good for these kids man, they deserve this. and good for Shaka too. i obviously don't want him as our coach but i don't hate him as person or anything, and i know that most of his guys love him. that had to feel amazing for him to get his first championship at Texas. awesome day for these guys. now let's go win a few more! 🤘🏼 🤘🏼 🤘🏼 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 7

all that ^^^ said i feel really bad for Royce Hamm. he just stood off to the side during all of the celebration and didn't participate in any of it. even when Shaka came up to him and hugged him Royce never lifted his arms to hug back. whatever had gone down between him and Shaka this year, it really sucks that it's preventing him from even enjoying this moment with his teammates. i really hope for his sake that he gets some PT in the tourney and is even able to make a key block or something. i've always liked Hamm, and felt he could have developed into a decent Big XII player in a different situation.

• Hook 'Em 1

I love the win but the fact that Cade had 3 fouls in the first half and we refused to drive the ball at him in the 2nd is still a huge concern for me.  Every time we get a star in foul trouble we refuse to capitalize on it.  That is a problem.  

Edited by chemHORN
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

I love the win but the fact that Cade had 3 fouls in the first half and we refused to drive the ball at him in the 2nd is still a huge concern for me.  Every time we get a star in foul trouble we refuse to capitalize on it.  That is a problem.  

Cade was guarding Brock for pretty much the entire 2nd half and never switched off of him when Brock set a pick for our guards. That's part of the reason Coleman went off in the 2nd half. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

...that had to feel amazing for [Shaka] to get his first championship at Texas. awesome day for these guys. now let's go win a few more! 🤘🏼 🤘🏼 🤘🏼 

WTF?!?

Did you miss his National Invitational Tournament Championship to end the 2018/19 season?

This title means that Texas has won TWO straight post-season tournaments!

College basketball can’t handle Shaka’s girth. 🏆🏆

#AustinTXisTitleTown

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

all that ^^^ said i feel really bad for Royce Hamm. he just stood off to the side during all of the celebration and didn't participate in any of it. even when Shaka came up to him and hugged him Royce never lifted his arms to hug back. whatever had gone down between him and Shaka this year, it really sucks that it's preventing him from even enjoying this moment with his teammates. i really hope for his sake that he gets some PT in the tourney and is even able to make a key block or something. i've always liked Hamm, and felt he could have developed into a decent Big XII player in a different situation.

I don’t believe you. No way Hamm wasn’t trying to make contact with someone. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

I can’t get over how dominant Sims was last night. His footwork in the post was just great. A lot of the passes down to him were high risk and he came up with all of them. He looked like a grown assed man playing with boys. And despite his FT woes, he hit a few big ones.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Your very next post shows Hamm participating in the celebration.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Is this not Royce's account/POV?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Your very next post shows Hamm participating in the celebration.  

he kinda had to be there for the team photo, and those facial expressions were being made because the confetti dropping from the ceiling startled half of our team, not out of celebration. just go rewatch the end if you recorded the game. i seriously felt bad for him. 

Here to give credit where due. I've been a huge advocate of canning Smart (as I was Barnes before him). But all the guys definitely stepped up this weekend. Props not just to the coaches but to Coleman, Sims, both Joneses and Cunningham in particular for yesterday's win. Now let's keep it going. 

26 minutes ago, Js1 said:

That's lame. If they win the NCAA tournament, that means they will only have the tower lit for one of their championships. They should have lit it last night. When Texas won BCS Natty they kept the tower lit for like a week, so clearly they can light the thing multiple times. If they wanted the team to see it, they should have lit it twice, once for last night, and once for their return.

Edited by BigXII
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigXII said:

That's lame. If they win the NCAA tournament, that means they will only have the tower lit for one of their championships. They should have lit it last night. When Texas won BCS Natty they kept the tower lit for like a week, so clearly they can light the thing multiple times. If they wanted the team to see it, they should have lit it twice, once for last night, and once for their return.

Thats just wrong. They pulled the same crap on us when we won the SWC championship in Waco in 74.

We came back after the game excited to see the tower lit and it wasn't. I think we got back to campus around 1 in the morning

and one of the parents was so upset as were all of us, he called maintenance and demanded that they turn the tower orange

and they did.

• Haha 1

Just turn it on now and leave it on until they get back to see it.
  • Hook 'Em 3