2021 violent storms thread - is an F6 possible?

Hagbard Celine

I swear, Dr. Troy Kimmel told us the Fujita scale does go up to F-10.  We've just never recorded a tornado in modern times above an F-5.  Winds of F-6 scale are observed on our planet, just never in a tornado setting.  

Then again, I barely passed that class.  I

So what then, there's just some guy named Fujita looking at tornadoes forming on a screen somewhere saying, "Enhance.......Enhance.......Enhance......." 

I swear, Dr. Troy Kimmel told us the Fujita scale does go up to F-10.  We've just never recorded a tornado in modern times above an F-5.  Winds of F-6 scale are observed on our planet, just never in a tornado setting.  

Highest wind speed ever recorded/estimated using Doppler on Earth was between 300 and 320 mph. F5 goes up to 318 mph. The EF5 is anything over 200 mph. Neither the F scale or enhanced F scale go to 10. TORRO goes to 11 but only when shit gets real.

14 hours ago, Lobo said:

All you had to do was smile a little, bat those eyelashes at Troy and you could pass that class with at least a B

So the one time you re-read my posts, is to come up with your own homo-erotic fantasy?  For shame, Js1...for shame.  ;)

I wasn't an honors graduate or anything, but I never had to do the office visit/"What do I need to do on the final to pass this class" kinda conversation until that class.  He showed me the numbers (I somehow ended up with a C-).  But he really did say, on my way out, "Hey, you're graduating.  Congratulations.  don't be a stranger, come back and visit me sometime."  I was literally waiting for him to add, "You know how to whistle, don't you?..." 

14 hours ago, bmbmd said:

Off to a good start in the Town Without a Frown.

Drove through there maybe 30 min after storm had passed yesterday.  Multiple vehicles thrown into the bar ditches/ medians on I-27.  Saw at least 3 tractor trailers and an RV on their sides.  The good thing is that it is very sparsely populated and it did not hit the actual town of Happy.  No fatalities have been reported.

I was driving the family from Nashville to New Orleans today and played dodgeball with those bastards for about two hours earlier. One of the tornadoes touched in Eutaw while we were passing by on the interstate. We were getting alerts left and right about tornadoes touching all around us. 

FD1FFAC9-788A-4369-B309-3655F4772F16.png

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that was crazy, those guys are crazy.

Our neighborhood was hit by a tornado when I was in elementary school. No way would I not take shelter; it gets real in a hurry. Stuff flies around and you don't see it coming. One of my friends up the street had a four by four porch post spear their ceiling in the dining room and land on their table. Peeled back the siding on their house like it was a piece of wrapping paper. We lost a fence and trees but the house was mostly okay. Others went down to the foundation.

Those guys are nuts.