2021 Selection Sunday - CBS, 5 PM

Machinator

4 minutes ago, Homercles said:

I blame the NET rankings.  If we were the 4 in Michigan’s bracket I’d be a little less miffed...but if anything put Kansas in a 4 to punish dropping out of the tournament.  Anyways...used to getting shafted by the NCAA

We got very nearly the best possible bracket to make the Final 4, we have nobody to blame but ourselves if we don't make it to the Sweet 16 at least. There's a reason we're already a popular darkhorse Final 4 pick from Seth Davis, Clark Kellog, and Jeff Borzello from what I've seen so far.

8 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

I don't understand why WV gets so much love from the committee. 

To fuck with us because that is their primary goal. I’m not even being sarcastic, they always, always, always screw us. At least this time it wasn’t a bubble situation. I absolutely guarantee you that if we were the 7 seed in the conference tourney they would have left us out entirely. 

5 minutes ago, Teryor said:

We got very nearly the best possible bracket to make the Final 4, we have nobody to blame but ourselves if we don't make it to the Sweet 16 at least. There's a reason we're already a popular darkhorse Final 4 pick from Seth Davis, Clark Kellog, and Jeff Borzello from what I've seen so far.

BYU is the second best 6 after Tech and Michigan state is far and away the best 11

I think it’s a good draw after that 2nd round game but that 2nd round game scares me. And I’ve been high on this team going to the sweet 16 at worst all year 

Just now, VirginiaLonghorn said:

For whatever reason, basketball commentators like to smoke Shaka’s pole ...

People who get paid millions to discuss college basketball think Shaka is a very good coach

Some Surly loudmouths think otherwise 

I know who I’d go with, personally 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So wv is the 10 overall seed and Texas is 11. Makes perfect sense. 

We played basically the exact same schedule and finished with 1 more win and 2 less losses. It's like they didn't factor the B12 tourney into anything at all.

• Rage+1 1

Just now, MotownHorn said:

People who get paid millions to discuss college basketball think Shaka is a very good coach

Some Surly loudmouths think otherwise 

I know who I’d go with, personally 

You think they’re paid millions for their analysis? LMAO

All things considered, this region is the best possible scenario. I’m taking BYU over TTU/USC/SDSU. It’s a team we should be able to physically dominate; and if we don’t, we weren’t winning anything this year anyways. Bama will be tough but they play a style we’re used to seeing and hopefully Greg Brown and Kai are tough matchups now that they’re being seen by these teams for the first time.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

We are simultaneously a sexy F4 pick and also a 2nd round early flameout.  Because we are Jekyll and Hyde and have no idea which team we get. 

Every reasonably close matchup (i.e. against good teams) in the Shaka era is basically a coin flip. Nearly every game against an elite team is a loss.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

We are simultaneously a sexy F4 pick and also a 2nd round early flameout.  Because we are Jekyll and Hyde and have no idea which team we get. 

Just heard on radio that betting folks already saying that TEXAS is the most popular #3 seed upset special in first round...

17 minutes ago, Don Hornleone said:

ESPN crew thinks BYU is overseeded, shocked MSU is a play in,  have a lot of respect for ACU because of the way they play defense.

I saw ACU last night.  They're roster looks like Revenge of the Nerds, we should beat them easily, but they're also zippy little pickpockets.  Their leading the nation in turnover margin looks legit.  And you never know for sure with the tourney.  

We got matched up with them because the committee played their usual games, including cutesy early geographic neighbor matchups, the crap @Prepuce of Doom was talking about.   They have a decent shot at an upset and one of those dork underdogs I would have liked to root for.  Maybe next year.

Edited by clapclapclap
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Not a cat said:

I believe that both Colt's dad and Shipley's dad went to ACU around the same time.  Not sure of their living arrangements or if they even knew each other.

You couldn't be sure unless you spoke Dutch or knew Quintanilla.  

10 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

That’s absurd.   I’m no Shaka fan and I fully realize we have Jekyll and Hyde potential, but this is such an athletic mismatch that the normal analysis about ACU’s defense or whatever is irrelevant.   It’s like saying some welterweight boxer had a great chin, so he could probably take Mike Tyson’s power.  

Besides, the stats are completely skewed this year since nonconference schedules were so limited.  ACU has great defensive efficiency numbers against a schedule that consists of other teams like ACU and Texas Tech. BFD.   Arkansas had no trouble scoring.

This. They’ve played 27 games. 2 against NCAA tournament teams. Tech wasn’t that great early on offensively. Arkansas scored in the 80s. 0-2 versus Quad 1 and the rest of their games are Q3/4 - 16 Q4 games alone.