2021 Selection Sunday - CBS, 5 PM

Machinator

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This. They’ve played 27 games. 2 against NCAA tournament teams. Tech wasn’t that great early on offensively. Arkansas scored in the 80s. 0-2 versus Quad 1 and the rest of their games are Q3/4 - 16 Q4 games alone. 

I counted 4 games against D2 or D3 schools.

109 turnovers forced total against McMurry, Hardin-Simmons, Tarleton, and Howard Payne.  29 total turnovers by Tech and Arky.

Edited by Beau Vine

1 minute ago, Teryor said:

Gives teams playing in the first 4 enough time to pass Covid tests in Indianapolis I believe

Aaaaand conveniently puts more games played on sat/sun when most people can watch them all day and night. I guess Sunday remains the same, but more Saturday games. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

How is this change better?

I believe it had to do with the timing of getting all teams to Indy and then adhering to whatever Covid protocols they have established. Yeah it sucks, but its a far bit better than what we rolled with last year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Js1 said:

We are simultaneously a sexy F4 pick and also a 2nd round early flameout.  Because we are Jekyll and Hyde and have no idea which team we get. 

But that’s college outside of the top 1 and 2 seeded teams and sometimes even they get caught. That’s why March madness is fun. We’re just tired of not being included in the fun of winning. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Barcello-Alex.jpg

Erickson-Hunter.jpg

Lohner-Caleb.jpg

BYU_Johnson_Spencer_20-21.JPG

Harward,%20Richard%2002.jpg

Knell-Trevin.jpg

Lee-Kolby.jpg

Lowell-Wyatt.jpg

Pearson-Cameron.jpg

Tripple-Townsend.jpg

Wade-Jesse.jpg

Warr-Brandon.jpg

Baxter-Gavin.jpg

Yeah. No problem, at all. White people suck at basketball and football. We should rest the starters in the first half. Shit.... Texas has NEVER had problems with mostly white football or basketball teams. Actually, BYU should just fuckin' forfeit because they're all crackers. 

1 minute ago, CycleTex87 said:

I’m sure they all wear knee braces on both knees. 

Honestly, given Texas' and other schools' experiences with BYU in football and the overall maturity of their players, playing BYU is a bit scary. My guess is that they don't make many mistakes and can be physical. However, I'm not sure they'll get by Michigan State or UCLA. 

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Winthrop is my dark horse. No idea why. Just is. So excited for the tournament. My mom’s across the street neighbor plays for Tennessee and his dad is super excited. 

Well I mean they have a synonym for victory in their very name

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Restinmybones said:

Honestly, given Texas' and other schools' experiences with BYU in football and the overall maturity of their players, playing BYU is a bit scary. My guess is that they don't make many mistakes and can be physical. However, I'm not sure they'll get by Michigan State or UCLA. 

30 minutes ago, Restinmybones said:

Yeah. No problem, at all. White people suck at basketball and football. We should rest the starters in the first half. Shit.... Texas has NEVER had problems with mostly white football or basketball teams. Actually, BYU should just fuckin' forfeit because they're all crackers. 

Did Smitty get banned again and get a new sock?

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Restinmybones said:

Yeah come on. It’s setting up for Izzo to beat UCLA and BYU and then it’s Shaka versus Izzo which is a lot like Charlie Strong coaching against Nick Saban 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Doesn’t Taysom Hill have basketball eligibility remaining?

Jokes on us, they’ll all come out wearing knee braces and jerseys that say HILL on the back. We will just forfeit 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Yeah come on. It’s setting up for Izzo to beat UCLA and BYU and then it’s Shaka versus Izzo which is a lot like Charlie Strong coaching against Nick Saban 

I don't think the coaching difference is that extreme and Michigan State is a bit down this year. However, they always have some pretty good talent and, yeah, Izzo is one of the best. If I had to guess, I'd write in Texas versus the Spartans. 

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Just heard on radio that betting folks already saying that TEXAS is the most popular #3 seed upset special in first round...

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

That’s absurd.   I’m no Shaka fan and I fully realize we have Jekyll and Hyde potential, but this is such an athletic mismatch that the normal analysis about ACU’s defense or whatever is irrelevant.   It’s like saying some welterweight boxer had a great chin, so he could probably take Mike Tyson’s power.  

Besides, the stats are completely skewed this year since nonconference schedules were so limited.  ACU has great defensive efficiency numbers against a schedule that consists of other teams like ACU and Texas Tech. BFD.   Arkansas had no trouble scoring.

Let me clarify... Their point was that out of all the #3 Seeds, the team with best chance to lose in the 1st Rd was TEXAS.

They were not predicting that a #3 Seed would lose in 1st Rd