Surly 2021 Bracket Challenge

BigOrange1

36 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

For some reason the ESPN site created a second bracket for me called “wild_turkey 2” where all of my picks were made. Problem is that I’m entered in the surly pool under “wild_turkey” which has no picks at all.

No idea how or why this happened, because I used the link in the OP and password to create my picks and this is the only pool I’m a part of. Any way I can get that switched to still participate? I paid and everything.

Did that magical bracket have Ohio State losing early? 

3 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

For some reason the ESPN site created a second bracket for me called “wild_turkey 2” where all of my picks were made. Problem is that I’m entered in the surly pool under “wild_turkey” which has no picks at all.

No idea how or why this happened, because I used the link in the OP and password to create my picks and this is the only pool I’m a part of. Any way I can get that switched to still participate? I paid and everything.

Being the "slowest" guy out of this group is uh....not something to be proud of. In the spirit of the "Make a Wish Foundation", I say we let him play. He actually had tOSU through to the E8. 

https://fantasy.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/2021/en/entry?entryID=45910489 

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

At one point I switched Loyola and GTech and I guess I didn't save it - and my bracket doesn't suck enough yet to where I'm not worried those 10 points might matter. 

Congrats to Derka on the day 1 win. 

thank you. however, when it's all said and done i would love to finish second place to the $25 Durdy bracket. 👀 

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

thank you. however, when it's all said and done i would love to finish second place to the $25 Durdy bracket. 👀 

I'd have you tied right now as soon as LSU wins had that change gone through. 

I need someone zany to come out of tOSU's region to have any shot - and have a lot of this go chalk in the next couple rounds. That shitty FF pick is going to cost me. If someone nails all 4 in the FF I'm out. 

Assuming Durdy has Texas winning it all?

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

At one point I switched Loyola and GTech and I guess I didn't save it - and my bracket doesn't suck enough yet to where I'm not worried those 10 points might matter. 

Congrats to Derka on the day 1 win. 

Yup I switched that one and a couple other ones on Thursday night and for some reason it didn't save it properly. Sounds like there's a little more of that crap this year with espn than usual. 

It was fun while it lasted. 

As an Illini fan, I didn't like this match up for many reasons, and while I'm surprised that we weren't able to eventually take control in the second half, I'm not shocked that Loyola dictated every facet of the game wire to wire. 

I hope the eventual winner uses the Doom family's contributions to the pot in a reckless and irresponsible manner!

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

haven't had as much time as i thought today to go through it with a fine toothed comb, but on first glance it looks like we have 64 paid entrants which would put the total prize pool at $1600 meaning $800 to first place, $500 to second place and $300 to third place.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Thanks. Nice picks by both it seems.

If I were smart I’d probably put $400 on Zags money line. You are in an even better position as could bet Baylor with points and get a middle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a different league with a modified bracket I will win 1st place by myself for 50% share of $1900 ($950) if Gonzaga wins Monday.

With a Baylor ML of +175 and spread of -4.5 should I drop a couple hundred on moneyline or the points and try to hit the dragon bonus?

In a different league with a modified bracket I will win 1st place by myself for 50% share of $1900 ($950) if Gonzaga wins Monday.
With a Baylor ML of +175 and spread of -4.5 should I drop a couple hundred on moneyline or the points and try to hit the dragon bonus?

Guaranteed half with a slight chance of a bigger win (zags by less than 5) seems like a good bet.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Thanks. Nice picks by both it seems.

If I were smart I’d probably put $400 on Zags money line. You are in an even better position as could bet Baylor with points and get a middle!

I need to figure out how to make a bet online.