America is one of the most toxic places I've ever been

Wanker Bob

2 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

We couldn't have drawn much, or any, from the surrounding states during our Micro-Ice Age, since the neighboring states were also struggling with the cold snap.  Rolling blackouts for several of them on the same weekend ERCOT almost crashed our grid.

(That's not a defense of our lack of adequate preparation, but rather accurate context.)

LOL, how many seconds did you peruse that image before crafting your usual CR-driven knee jerk response?  Because it actually shows Texas doing pretty well compared to most of the country.

18 states with a lower average price than Texas, 32 states/DC with higher.  We're at $11.11, the lowest is $9.05, and the highest is $31.57.   Exclude Hawaii and the next highest 13 still range from $13.84-21.64, so it's not like a few outliers skew that.

Do you even live in this state? Do you know what the entire state just went through in February? Hell even Johnny sack was inconvenienced. You sir, are a fucking moron. 

27 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

US News and World Report!  Oh nozzzze, not them.  

Did you even read the damn article?

• Electricity Price
  • Power Grid Reliability
  • Renewable Energy Power usage 

OK rankings on the three:  2, 34, 13

TX:                                       9, 29, 36

So, TXs' grid ranks higher than OK's.......

So you're claim that OK's was shit compared to ours can be quantified as five spots in a ranking system of 50 states?

Compelling.

I do congratulate you for reading an article instead of making up relying on shit your MIL says.

Edit to add: Baba Yaga was one of my favorite places in the last century whenever I was in that part of Houston. Several years ago, I went back and the place was huge with a fabulous brunch buffet.

Edited by RomaVicta

There is absolutely no way the shithead trolls on this thread experienced the week long blackout in Texas. Maybe the sack but he’s probably got a crew of Mexicans supplying him with constant generators while he calls them poors who made bad decisions.

The rest of you idiots somehow trying to excuse what happened in February are wasting your troll time breath. Everyone here knows what happened. Some may be too stupid to figure out the solution but the majority will.

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

We’re better than Mexico!

The issue here is not whether we should fix our power grid - we should. [winks at CR dipshits] But you can't hold a whole state or country responsible for the behavior of a few, overpaid assholes at ERCOT. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole capitalist system? And if the whole capitalist system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our institutions in general? I put it to you, CR fuckheads: isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do what you you want in the cloakroom but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

No question that the EU has stepped on its dick on vaccine administration.  I sure haven't claimed they are perfect - shit, any place with a gov't and bureaucracy will fuck SOMETHING up (probably several somethings, it's what people do).  Different countries get better performance in different areas.  My whole point (not the OP's -- he certainly went farther than I did) is that when it comes to choosing a place for overall quality of life, the US isn't any clear "we're number 1!"  Between our decline since our golden era of 1945-1975, and the improvement in performance and quality of life in western europe, australia, korea, and yes, even Uruguay, we're not a super duper gold medal performer.*  If my kids choose to make their lives in Canada, Europe, etc., are they taking a step down?  I don't think so.  Some things will be better, some things will be worse, but on a composite score....the "USA!  USA!  WE'RE #1!" jingoism just doesn't fly.

And the fact that so many of us are so damned defensive about that blows me away.  It's okay to acknowledge reality.  It's okay to realize that in terms of opportunity for the lower middle class and middle class, we're not what we once were.  In fact, we SHOULD acknowledge those things.  Because that's how we focus on our issues and work on making them better.  I mean, I can sit around and insist that I'm still in as good a shape as I was when I was 18, but I'd be ignoring the reality of my significantly thicker middle and my bum knee.  I should acknowledge those realities, so maybe I will focus on shedding some pounds and getting my knee fixed.  If I just sit around and keep pronouncing myself "the greatest athlete in the world!", I won't work on any of those things.  I have to admit it, I'm baffled by how vehement, vitrolic, and ANGRY the resistance is to the idea that maybe we're not the best at everything, and we should work on improving ourselves.  Why are we so invested in lying to ourselves?

* Except in terms of military might.  On that, yep, we're #1, and #2 ain't even close.  And we pay for that.  But for sure, if you need somebody bombed, we're the undisputed champs.

Not sure who is angrily arguing the US is #1 across the board. Do you want to start a table of candidate countries to immigrate to, categories, and ranks to help us figure out the best overall? Or do you want to talk about TX's power grid? We could deep dive various topics and explore immigration feasability.. or remember february, again.

• Hook 'Em 1

Canada? Lmao kicked their asses in this oldie but goodie.

https://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/canadian-rednecks-vs-shanesworld-crew/82237268/

Plus Canadian ketchup sucks

They can’t even make bacon correctly. F that... side note. Their Copenhagen cans are like 2/3rds our all American size. F that as well. I want my carcinogens full size. Everything is in two languages.

9 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I was too busy checking my pipes and tending to the family, but didn’t several of our neighbors lose power, too? Could we have even drawn from them?

Oh. Come on. Just admit you are a fucking troll and move on.  We’re you up all-nighter checking pipes and “tending to your family?” 

fucking fraud. 

4 hours ago, Enchubben said:

The issue here is not whether we should fix our power grid - we should. [winks at CR dipshits] But you can't hold a whole state or country responsible for the behavior of a few, overpaid assholes at ERCOT. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole capitalist system? And if the whole capitalist system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our institutions in general? I put it to you, CR fuckheads: isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do what you you want in the cloakroom but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!

An unserious response to a serious problem that killed hundreds of Texans and did serious damage to our reputation is exactly what I would expect from you. 

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Oh. Come on. Just admit you are a fucking troll and move on.  We’re you up all-nighter checking pipes and “tending to your family?” 

fucking fraud. 

Fuck you.  I was up on the hour, every 4 hours, running my faucets.  Instead of shooting off your cock holster, go back and look at the threads.   I can only assume you just get off on being one of the worst posters on here?  Like a game to see how many terrible posts you can muster in a row? Seriously, you are Rocko fucking bad, but also bring a certain uneducated feel about you.  Just an ignorant, cunty little bitch. You are insufferable, and I am sad for you. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

fucking fraud. 

Another thing, why in the fuck would I be expected to be monitoring LA, AR, OK, and NM grids while ours was shitting?  You are full of shit if you say you were.  

6 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Apparently every time it gets below 10 degrees now it’s a 120 YEAR STORM!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you call setting a reckod  for continuous hours below freezing a rare, perhaps even 100, weather event?  I guess reckods don’t mean shit 

On 3/17/2021 at 12:22 PM, Enchubben said:

A once every 100 years extreme weather event cause many people to be without power for 3 days; The Texas experiment has failed!  

Yeah it was no big deal. Just 3 days without power for some. 6-7 days without power for others. Couple hundred people froze to death. No biggie. I bet you monitored your pipes though and just rode it out. 

I suppose we should come to expect that every five years or so when the temperature drops below 10 degrees. Nothing we can do about that. 

Edited by JimmyJames

5 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Another thing, why in the fuck would I be expected to be monitoring LA, AR, OK, and NM grids while ours was shitting?  You are full of shit if you say you were.  

Only one state had people without power for a week and had hundreds of people freeze to death in their own houses. I’ll let you try to guess which one that was. 

8 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Just 3 days without power some. 6-7 days without power for others. Couple hundred people froze to death. 

A couple of hundred froze to death, huh?

Gonna do the math for us and prove it or just hysterically squawk crazy numbers?  

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03/15/texas-winter-storm-deaths/?utm_campaign=trib-social-buttons&utm_source=email&utm_medium=social

1 minute ago, deadshank said:

A couple of hundred froze to death, huh?

Gonna do the math for us and prove it or just hysterically squawk crazy numbers?  

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03/15/texas-winter-storm-deaths/?utm_campaign=trib-social-buttons&utm_source=email&utm_medium=social

Oh I’m sorry only “at least” 57. The extent you guys will go to attempt to minimize what actually happened here is simply amazing and shows you either are liars and didn’t experience it, or worse, experienced it and are therefore complete fools. 

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Oh I’m sorry only “at least” 57. The extent you guys will go to attempt to minimize what actually happened here is simply amazing and shows you either are liars and didn’t experience it, or worse, experienced it and are therefore complete fools. 

A couple of hundred. At least 57. But who’s counting?

The one  thing I’ve learned about this crowd is you better have your facts right and your shit dialed in proper.   If you spout unsupported data and expect it to be taken as gospel then you will soon find your pecker knocked into the dirt.   Anecdotal evidence and loose facts don’t play.   You and your fiends in the CR will waylay anyone whose facts aren’t verifiable and correct. Puffing numbers just won’t play; yet, you show up here and mouth off but get angry when you’re called out for puffing numbers and “facts.”

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Go look at what the temps from a waco northward looked like 

Ok. The high in Waco on Tuesday before was 46 and ultimately dropped down to 30 degrees on Saturday.  Gee that never happens. Guess we should just come to expect the power to just go out for a week every time that occurs. 

7 minutes ago, deadshank said:

A couple of hundred. At least 57. But who’s counting?

The one  thing I’ve learned about this crowd is you better have your facts right and your shit dialed in proper.   If you spout unsupported data and expect it to be taken as gospel then you will soon find your pecker knocked into the dirt.   Anecdotal evidence and loose facts don’t play.   You and your fiends in the CR will waylay anyone whose facts aren’t verifiable and correct. Puffing numbers just won’t play; yet, you show up here and mouth off but get angry when you’re called out for puffing numbers and “facts.”

I’m sorry the CR has treated you so poorly.

And that you are ok with what happened here last February. 

I’m sorry the CR has treated you so poorly.

And that you are ok with what happened here last February. 

No need to be like that.  Being a smart ass doesn’t help your case and you know better than that.  

Every forum has smited those with bad data.  I pointed out the CR forum  because you are a native of it. 

Further, I never said I was OK with what happened in February.  

Its ok to walk back your “a couple of hundred” figure unless your pride won’t allow you   

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, deadshank said:

No need to be like that.  Being a smart ass doesn’t help your case and you know better than that.  

Every forum has smited those with bad data.  I pointed out the CR forum  because you are a native of it. 

Further, I never said I was OK with what happened in February.  

Its ok to walk back your “a couple of hundred” figure unless your pride won’t allow you   

If I’m wrong and it wasn’t a couple hundred and was only at least 57 I have no problem admitting that. I doubt we will ever know the true total but I really don’t think that matters. Our state lost too many lives because of gross incompetence and took a huge hit for it’s reputation because we couldn’t keep the lights on for many for a week. As an example it may cost us the huge plant Samsung is planning to build. We shall see. 

17 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Ok. The high in Waco on Tuesday before was 46 and ultimately dropped down to 30 degrees on Saturday.  Gee that never happens. Guess we should just come to expect the power to just go out for a week every time that occurs. 

I live in Waco.  It was below freezing from that Wednesday until the next Friday.  The NWS got their temp predictions wrong by about 6-8degrees 3 days In a row at the outset. (38 predicted high, never got above 31, etc).  We had 200+ straight hours below freezing.  It didn’t fit king start on Sunday.  

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

If I’m wrong and it wasn’t a couple hundred and was only at least 57 I have no problem admitting that. I doubt we will ever know the true total but I really don’t think that matters. Our state lost too many lives because of gross incompetence and took a huge hit for it’s reputation because we couldn’t keep the lights on for many for a week. As an example it may cost us the huge plant Samsung is planning to build. We shall see. 

If you would have taken the time to read the article in the link you would have read that not all of the deaths were due to hypothermia.  Car wrecks, slip and falls, fire and other cold-related fatalities were included in the 57 number. 

But you can keep holding out hope that you can get to your couple of hundred number.   

88B97AFB-4082-465A-A188-6C8D25224881.gif

Edited by deadshank
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Would you call setting a reckod  for continuous hours below freezing a rare, perhaps even 100, weather event?  I guess reckods don’t mean shit 

Dude is fucking dense in the head.

This isn’t even the winter storm thread, but it would kill him to admit that Texas is a great state and that America is great so he’s clinging to the power grid/winter storm for dear life.

Not a single person here said the winter storm was no big deal, or that it wasn’t bad, (although for vast majority of Texans it actually wasn’t) we merely stated that alluding to Texas being a shitty state because of that, is misplaced and without perspective. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, deadshank said:

If you would have taken the time to read the article in the link you would have read that not all of the deaths were due to hypothermia.  Car wrecks, slip and falls, fire and other cold-related fatalities were included in the 57 number. 

But you can keep holding out hope that you can get to your couple of hundred number.   

Did you read this part also?

“The preliminary data is “subject to change” as state disaster epidemiologists gather additional information and additional deaths are verified, the agency said. The information will be updated weekly, it said.“

Its ok to admit you are fine with “only” 57 dead and we were five minutes away from losing all power for months. Or you can just keep bashing me instead as if I caused the problem.

3 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Dude is fucking dense in the head.

This isn’t even the winter storm thread, but it would kill him to admit that Texas is a great state and that America is great so he’s clinging to the power grid/winter storm for dear life.

Not a single person here said the winter storm was no big deal, or that it wasn’t bad, (although for vast majority of Texans it actually wasn’t) we merely stated that alluding to Texas being a shitty state because of that, is misplaced and without perspective. 

Actually you are saying it wasn’t a big deal in this very post. Not surprisingly you fail to see that. 

And I never said Texas was a shitty state, just that it has a fucked up electrical system that was previewed 10 years ago and was brought to full light this February. If you disagree you are either someone who doesn’t live here, or a moron who lives here who is a major part of the problem itself.

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

We live in a world where people choose to live in Waco.

that realization just hit me over the head this AM.

We live in a world where people stick hamsters in their ass.   Do you put them in head first or ass end first?  I heard you preferred the butt to butt method.  

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I wonder what the equivalent of Waco is in England?  

Many years ago I went to a fútbol game in Buenos Aires and sat next to a chain smoking Brit. He talked my ear off the entire match and I shit you not, I didn’t understand a single word that came out of his mouth. Not one.

so wherever that dude was from.

• Haha 1

I think because I had an uncle (not by blood obviously) who was from England and had a heavy British accent growing up, but I've never had much difficulty in understanding them.  And I technically live in the American South for 25 years (plus a 2-year stint in Florida), but I have an easier time understanding Brits than I do most Southerners (particularly East Texas/Louisiana).  Particularly middle-aged Southern women.  It's not really the accent as just the mumbling mess of shit coming out of their mouth, makes my teeth itch.  

16 minutes ago, deadshank said:

16 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Ha ha! You had to edit this response to add a gif? I already replied to your original post sans gif. You originally forgot to add your troll gif I see. 

8 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Did you read this part also?

“The preliminary data is “subject to change” as state disaster epidemiologists gather additional information and additional deaths are verified, the agency said. The information will be updated weekly, it said.“

Its ok to admit you are fine with “only” 57 dead and we were five minutes away from losing all power for months. Or you can just keep bashing me instead as if I caused the problem.

Never did I say I’m OK wIth 57 dead.  

You’re arguing like an upset and emotional woman.  Just stop and don’t act like a victim and complain about being bashed as if you caused the problem.  Your not and you didn’t.  You’re just spouting completely false bullshit. You call out others for doing same are upset when you are called out.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, deadshank said:

Never did I say I’m OK wIth 57 dead.  

You’re arguing like an upset and emotional woman.  Just stop and don’t act like a victim and complain about being bashed as if you caused the problem.  Your not and you didn’t.  You’re just spouting completely false bullshit. You call out others for doing same are upset when you are called out.  

You forgot the gif. You should add it later. 

• Haha 1

Ha ha! You had to edit this response to add a gif? I already replied to your original post sans gif. You originally forgot to add your troll gif I see. 

Just trying to help with a little levity. Calm down. It’s Surly.  What did you expect?

19 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I think because I had an uncle (not by blood obviously) who was from England and had a heavy British accent growing up, but I've never had much difficulty in understanding them.  And I technically live in the American South for 25 years (plus a 2-year stint in Florida), but I have an easier time understanding Brits than I do most Southerners (particularly East Texas/Louisiana).  Particularly middle-aged Southern women.  It's not really the accent as just the mumbling mess of shit coming out of their mouth, makes my teeth itch.  

Londoners are no problem. It’s the dudes from the sticks...they might as well be speaking Mandarin. Lived in Egypt for awhile and was hanging out with folks from 20 different countries, all speaking English with heavy accents...had no problem understanding all but one of them. Some English dude from the sticks speaking English to me. We couldn’t communicate, it was so weird.

3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

The extent you've gone to exaggerate a fact to make a point is funny.  You just got shown you were in fact wrong, and don't have the honesty to say damn I thought it was a lot more, than that.   And while 57 people dying sucks, it's a long way from a couple hundred in a state with millions that went thru a rare weather event that literally affected every single county in your state.

You might wanna look at the definition of liar, cause what you did in your post was the classic definition of lying...  The people on this site that love to bash anything, and everything that happens in this country like we're an outlier of bad things, or human nature is stunningly hilarious.  You should maybe look to somewhere else to live that doesn't have bad things happen to it every single year.  Might I suggest Candyland ?

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1