So, back to that legalization thing

Longhorn_Fan68

Legal recreational is sitting on the Montana Governor’s desk to sign today. Things are moving fast.

For Texas: https://www.marijuanamoment.net/texas-house-votes-to-decriminalize-marijuana-and-expand-medical-cannabis-system/

A Texas bill to decriminalize possession of up to one ounce of cannabis, making the offense a class C misdemeanor that does not come with the threat of jail time, was approved on second reading in the chamber by a voice vote in the House. Final vote needed to be sent to the Senate.

The separate medical cannabis expansion proposal was given final passage in the House in a 134-12 vote, sending it to the Senate. It would add cancer, chronic pain and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as conditions that could qualify people for the state’s limited medical cannabis program. The bill passed in the House Public Health Committee earlier this month.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Legal recreational is sitting on the Montana Governor’s desk to sign today. Things are moving fast.

For Texas: https://www.marijuanamoment.net/texas-house-votes-to-decriminalize-marijuana-and-expand-medical-cannabis-system/

A Texas bill to decriminalize possession of up to one ounce of cannabis, making the offense a class C misdemeanor that does not come with the threat of jail time, was approved on second reading in the chamber by a voice vote in the House. Final vote needed to be sent to the Senate.

The separate medical cannabis expansion proposal was given final passage in the House in a 134-12 vote, sending it to the Senate. It would add cancer, chronic pain and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) as conditions that could qualify people for the state’s limited medical cannabis program. The bill passed in the House Public Health Committee earlier this month.

Didn’t Montana already legalize by ballot initiative?

6 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

dan-patrick.jpg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Didn’t Montana already legalize by ballot initiative?

yea they voted to legalize, the bill for the governor is to setup all the bells and whistles with tax rates and if localities can set excise taxes mostly. Lot of hoopla on the actual revenue estimates and 20% tax on rec vs 4% on medicinal.

7 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

yea they voted to legalize, the bill for the governor is to setup all the bells and whistles with tax rates and if localities can set excise taxes mostly. Lot of hoopla on the actual revenue estimates and 20% tax on rec vs 4% on medicinal.

Getting the red states involved is huge so the nay sayers can’t point to it and say it’s a “ democrat issue”. Which it totally isn’t. It’s bipartisan.

2 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Getting the red states involved is huge so the nay sayers can’t point to it and say it’s a “ democrat issue”. Which it totally isn’t. It’s bipartisan.

I mean, fucking Oklahoma legalized before we did in Texas. And we know all about their joints...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I mean, fucking Oklahoma legalized before we did in Texas. And we know all about their joints...

I’m really hoping Oklahoma expands access to out of state residents this legislative session and makes a killing off Texans coming to get weed. Just cuz I know it would piss off hot wheels Abbott, potty Patrick, and indictment Paxton. Those guys are fucking idiots who will keep Texas in the dark ages until 2100 if they possibly could.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I’m really hoping Oklahoma expands access to out of state residents this legislative session and makes a killing off Texans coming to get weed. Just cuz I know it would piss off hot wheels Abbott, potty Patrick, and indictment Paxton. Those guys are fucking idiots who will keep Texas in the dark ages until 2100 if they possibly could.

Just imagine the number of state troopers that would line up from Winstar to Denton. We're going to need more jail space.

• Rage+1 1

16 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I know beaucoup hard core conservatives that get high af. It's like Baptists that drink. Just gotta make sure who is around when they indulge.

Edited by RPM

21 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I am so glad New York legalized it. Was fun buying edibles in Central Park last week.

I take it WeedWorld is now actual edibles? They had those vans setup all around the city selling stuff for several years in anticipation of having their brand be recognizable for when marijuana was legalized.

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
10 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:
I take it WeedWorld is now actual edibles? They had those vans setup all around the city selling stuff for several years in anticipation of having their brand be recognizable for when marijuana was legalized.

Not who I bought them from.

I do not know of other businesses yet setup for this since I have never smoked weed or had an edible, but that is the one I remember from when I worked in mid-town. I would imagine there will be plenty of places to buy them in the coming months around the city. I am all for this decriminalizing of marijuana. 

9 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Also those are scam artists

16 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Also those are scam artists

They seem sketchy. I knew they had nothing in their products before legalization. I believe they are based out of New Orleans from what I remember. No effect for me since I’ll never try it, but I can imagine it would be frustrating to buy from them expecting to get high and that not be the case.

Edited by UpperWestside

Alabama

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/alabama-house-approves-medical-marijuana-legalization-bill-that-already-passed-the-senate/

POLITICS

Alabama House Approves Medical Marijuana Legalization Bill That Already Passed The Senate

about 20 different conditions approved, they voted out depression however. Nothing a little chronic pain, sorry, intractable pain can’t cover. 

On 5/1/2021 at 9:24 AM, SimonBolivar said:

Just imagine the number of state troopers that would line up from Winstar to Denton. We're going to need more jail space.

It’s gonna be harder to cross into Texas from the northern border than the southern border. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

On 5/1/2021 at 2:49 PM, UpperWestside said:

They sold me "giant brownies"  that were actually stereo speakers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

So finally a CR thread that is interesting.  What is taking Uncle Joe so long?  Why isn't there something at the federal level being done to remove the Schedule 1 status of marijuana making it much easier for the states to approve recreational.  I think once that is done you would pretty quickly see it legalized in all states.  I think there would be enough conservatives that would cross the aisle for this one to get it done.

19 minutes ago, Hate said:

So finally a CR thread that is interesting.  What is taking Uncle Joe so long?  Why isn't there something at the federal level being done to remove the Schedule 1 status of marijuana making it much easier for the states to approve recreational.  I think once that is done you would pretty quickly see it legalized in all states.  I think there would be enough conservatives that would cross the aisle for this one to get it done.

Sadly he's been pretty much as anti-weed as Democrats get.

• Like 1

Why would anyone feel the need to turn an informative thread on statewide movements into a thread on bitching?

You mean like all of the bitching about Texas not legalizing it yet? There are a few pages worth of those posts.

This post is hilarious.
Cross the aisle!
Ha ha ha
They got conservatives crossing in shifts.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

The Alabama and Kansas news isn’t that great. I don’t think either proposal allows edibles or flower. If you don’t offer those things, than what’s the freaking point?

The alternative in these red states is….

nothing 

7 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so when is the harvest party?

Still 3 months away.  I'm not really sure what the fuck I'm even doing so it could be longer.  I still have four more seeds (had to buy in multiples of 5) but I'm worried I'll be overrun with bud if I plant them all.  Dont want to turn into the Walter White of the Northern Plains.

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

The Alabama and Kansas news isn’t that great. I don’t think either proposal allows edibles or flower. If you don’t offer those things, than what’s the freaking point?

The point, sir, is this:  making THC legal while simultaneously keeping THC ... uh, ... illegal.  But not really, just kinda, maybe.  Because reasons and stuff, not to mention things and other stuff.  In conclusion, uh, ...  I don't know.  I don't fucking know, okay?  

Making sense is the old way.  The New Path, the orange road, dictates that nothing has to make sense anymore.  Because, again, reasons.  Also the stuff.  Never forget about the stuff.  And insisting that stuff makes sense is elitist or whatever.  Globalist, probably.  Logic is dumb.  You don't wanna look dumb, do ya?  Well then get on board and stop trying to be smart or whatever.  It's the New Path, dummy.

18 minutes ago, Burt said:

Still 3 months away.  I'm not really sure what the fuck I'm even doing so it could be longer.  I still have four more seeds (had to buy in multiples of 5) but I'm worried I'll be overrun with bud if I plant them all.  Dont want to turn into the Walter White of the Northern Plains.

you should probably plant all 5.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hate said:

You mean like all of the bitching about Texas not legalizing it yet? There are a few pages worth of those posts.

No, not like that all.

You came into a thread and said “hey look at this cool thread, it’d be a REAL SHAME if we started bitching about Biden instead.”

• Hook 'Em 1

No, not like that all.
You came into a thread and said “hey look at this cool thread, it’d be a REAL SHAME if we started bitching about Biden instead.”

Bitching about it because it’s the perfect time to get it done. I wish Trump had done it. I wish Obama had done it....and on and on. It’s way part time that something happens at the federal level.

On 5/7/2021 at 7:20 AM, Hate said:

There are very conservative tenets in legalizing MJ.  1) fiscal reallocation  of costs towards policing and enforcement 2) time/ effort reallocation by police/ drug enforcement agencies( i.e. stop chasing mice.) and 3) with a hearty LOLz/ eye-roll; , broadening the scope of liberty with which our citizens live.