So, back to that legalization thing

Longhorn_Fan68

On 5/7/2021 at 9:32 AM, Voldemort86 said:

The Alabama and Kansas news isn’t that great. I don’t think either proposal allows edibles or flower. If you don’t offer those things, than what’s the freaking point?

Because they couldn't make it legal for white people and illegal for brown people, so they created an ambiguous law to allow selective enforcement. Duh. 

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

Edibles are a gift to those who practice moderation. Not so much ch for those who set the vaporizing up to high heat.

Ya think so ?  I've been smoking for about 4 decades now, I smoke very small amounts at a time (I think smaller amounts are better than just smoking bowl after bowl). Edibles send me on a 6 hour ride whether I eat a whole piece, a half a piece or a quarter piece.  They make make me feel more drunk/wine buzzed than stoned buzz.  I dig em,  but it's a different, and longer buzz.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’ve always felt that edibles didn’t really effect me until a couple of weeks ago. My family got together for my Grandpa’s funeral service. I took edibles so I didn’t have to worry about the smell or family members seeing puffs of smoke from my room. After the service I ate 20 mg as the 10 mg usually don’t do anything. Holy fuck was I high. I was high for at least 4 or 5 hours with that first hour being really high. There was a great thunderstorm that night and it was awesome sitting on the porch watching the lightning show while that high.

26 minutes ago, Hate said:

I’ve always felt that edibles didn’t really effect me until a couple of weeks ago. My family got together for my Grandpa’s funeral service. I took edibles so I didn’t have to worry about the smell or family members seeing puffs of smoke from my room. After the service I ate 20 mg as the 10 mg usually don’t do anything. Holy fuck was I high. I was high for at least 4 or 5 hours with that first hour being really high. There was a great thunderstorm that night and it was awesome sitting on the porch watching the lightning show while that high.

That's the only thing I really don't  dig about edibles you're on the ride for six hours usually whether you want to be or not. I smoke it up it's an hour maybe two hours tops

• Hook 'Em 2

51 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Ya think so ?  I've been smoking for about 4 decades now, I smoke very small amounts at a time (I think smaller amounts are better than just smoking bowl after bowl). Edibles send me on a 6 hour ride whether I eat a whole piece, a half a piece or a quarter piece.  They make make me feel more drunk/wine buzzed than stoned buzz.  I dig em,  but it's a different, and longer buzz.

I agree with this.

This sentiment often portends very bad outcomes  

It did start out badly as they hit me while I was making a run to the convenience store for ice. A very religious uncle decided to ride along when they hit me about 5 minutes before we were back to the house. Fortunately this was not my first rodeo so none of my family noticed, but I was high AF for a little while.

While I used to be a daily imbiber, I’ve cut down to a puff every few days. Not naming names, but someone in my closest circle hits it like I  once did.

Edibles do nothing for that person. I’m looking forward to trying a 20mg variety. Headed to a dispensary now, straight from Midway.

4 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

While I used to be a daily imbiber, I’ve cut down to a puff every few days. Not naming names, but someone in my closest circle hits it like I  once did.

Edibles do nothing for that person. I’m looking forward to trying a 20mg variety. Headed to a dispensary now, straight from Midway.

I feel attacked.

5 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Careful stepping into the 20mg.  I'm a daily partaker and the 20 mg kicked my ass for a while. 

4 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Can report the major side effect was a puss on my face, unknown to me until it was brought to my attention. 

are you saying a 20 mg edible gave you a giant pimple? 🤨 how odd.

Edited by mchookem

https://www.wkrg.com/news/mississippi-supreme-court-overturns-medical-marijuana-initiative/

missisippi is an unbelievably fucked up state. So the voters pass a ballot initiative legalizing medical marijuana. It is challenged in court and their argument is the initiative is invalid because missippi no longer has 5 congressional districts. They have just 4. All future ballot initiatives are now dead on arrival as well.

On 5/10/2021 at 1:17 PM, Willfully Horn said:

Edibles do nothing for that person.

I am THAT person. Well, not this guy's person but you know what I mean... 75mg is my minimum

I'll have to hit up tailgate this year. It'd be funny seeing some of you partaking in the devil's lettuce

17 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I am THAT person. Well, not this guy's person but you know what I mean... 75mg is my minimum

I'll have to hit up tailgate this year. It'd be funny seeing some of you partaking in the devil's lettuce

75 mgs ??  gott damn son.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Or the dose on the wrapper was total bullshit and he got screwed out of his money. I’m betting in that.

To live OUTSIDE the law, you must be honest. 

The bureau of weights and measures hasn’t addressed cable companies who can’t deliver service, yet. THC is probably much further down the list.

11 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Or the dose on the wrapper was total bullshit and he got screwed out of his money. I’m betting in that.

I paid exactly nothing for it. My buddy was making them using distillate. He was intending to make them 100mg but was, well, high the batch and made a few that were double. Pretty sure it was close

1 hour ago, LABEVO said:

is this the high thread now? 🤪

10mg - 15mg is my go to dosage. we never smoke and only partake a few times a year. lady friend is in space with 5mg

I would love to be a novice again, but I also don't wanna stop smoking long enough to become one again. it's a vicious cycle!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I would love to be a novice again, but I also don't wanna stop smoking long enough to become one again. it's a vicious cycle!

If I take a week to two weeks off from smoking that first couple times it's a nice freaking intense buzz.  Let it get out of your system and just gonna start all over again.

I still contend smaller doses make for a better buzz than just getting stoned out of your gourd 

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

If I take a week to two weeks off from smoking that first couple times it's a nice freaking intense buzz.  Let it get out of your system and just gonna start all over again.

I still contend smaller doses make for a better buzz than just getting stoned out of your gourd 

life needs to stop being so intense for 2 weeks for that to happen

3 minutes ago, mchookem said:

what does the red D stand for?

ETA: actually...wait, what? the fucking MORMONS have legalized medicinal??

gotdammit 😡

Decriminalized - so they just give the "offender" a ticket instead of shoving them in the slammer. Essentially, that's what we have in a number of major Texas counties: Travis, Bexar, Harris, Dallas, and El Paso.

Moreover, Austin City Council voted last January to order APD to not even ticket anyone for anything under 4 ounces, which is an absolute shitload of weed. So, for most tokers, the possession of maryjane is essentially legal now within the city limits.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2021 at 2:28 PM, Voldemort86 said:

https://www.wkrg.com/news/mississippi-supreme-court-overturns-medical-marijuana-initiative/

missisippi is an unbelievably fucked up state. So the voters pass a ballot initiative legalizing medical marijuana. It is challenged in court and their argument is the initiative is invalid because missippi no longer has 5 congressional districts. They have just 4. All future ballot initiatives are now dead on arrival as well.

But, here's the best part.

Mississippi had two (I think) other ballot initiatives since the year 2000, when they lost the congressional seat.  Both of those were allowed to stand, but this one is not.

55 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

But, here's the best part.

Mississippi had two (I think) other ballot initiatives since the year 2000, when they lost the congressional seat.  Both of those were allowed to stand, but this one is not.

They've had a bunch pass, but Marc Elias needs to sue the Voter ID one that passed in 2011.  And the "marriage is between one man and one woman" one in 2004.  

The others are shit like eminent domain, how Board of Education members are selected, term lengths for judges and something about hunting and fishing. 

Edited by Js1