So, back to that legalization thing

Longhorn_Fan68

9 hours ago, Hammerin Hank said:

That’s from Tenaha, Texas. Civil asset forfeiture capital of the world. Don’t overlook the cell phone with the completely shattered screen. It might fetch you $20 at a pawnshop 

Asset forfeiture? If they sold everything on that table it might cover the overtime they paid those Barney Fifes to do their paperwork. 

• Rage+1 1

Yeah, I just meant who is getting weed with stems in it?  I haven't seen a stem or a seed in 20+ years.  I grew up with both since we only had access to Mexican Swag, but right around the millennium good weed became fairly easy to get...even in Texas.  

45 minutes ago, Hate said:

Yeah, I just meant who is getting weed with stems in it?  I haven't seen a stem or a seed in 20+ years.  I grew up with both since we only had access to Mexican Swag, but right around the millennium good weed became fairly easy to get...even in Texas.  

people that harvested seeds 20+ years ago and are still growing that ditch shit in BFE Texas

• 4 weeks later...

Austin voters to decide on decriminalizing ‘low-level’ marijuana offenses

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A stop to the enforcement of low-level marijuana offenses and the end of “no knock” warrants will be on Austin’s May ballot.

Ground Game Texas announced on Monday that the Austin City Clerk’s office has qualified the ballot measure.

Enough signatures were obtained to qualify the item for the ballot, Ground Game Texas said.

Ground Game Texas needed to collect at least 20,000 signatures from qualified voters in order to get the item on the ballot, under the Austin City Charter.

According to the certificate of sufficiency from the city, the petition had more than 5,000 pages containing more than 33,000 signatures.

Ground Game Texas said that it hopes the petition will “redirect resources towards real public safety solutions.”

The effort is being led by Ground Game Texas and leaders in the Travis County Democratic Party.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

AUSTIN (KXAN) — A stop to the enforcement of low-level marijuana offenses and the end of “no knock” warrants will be on Austin’s May ballot.

Ground Game Texas announced on Monday that the Austin City Clerk’s office has qualified the ballot measure.

Enough signatures were obtained to qualify the item for the ballot, Ground Game Texas said.

Ground Game Texas needed to collect at least 20,000 signatures from qualified voters in order to get the item on the ballot, under the Austin City Charter.

According to the certificate of sufficiency from the city, the petition had more than 5,000 pages containing more than 33,000 signatures.

Ground Game Texas said that it hopes the petition will “redirect resources towards real public safety solutions.”

The effort is being led by Ground Game Texas and leaders in the Travis County Democratic Party.

June 2022, Gov Hot Wheels introduces the "Fuck what Austin wants" bill to prevent cities from passing their own cannabis legislation. 

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

Seems like they're just trying to set the current 'policy' in stone, right?  Curious if this ordinance will address edibles, vape carts, etc.  From what I've read previously, the DA won't prosecute those (currently) felonious items so long as they are for personal use.  Just curious if this is going to address that in detail as right now it's anyone's guess as to how it is handled.

33 minutes ago, Jester said:

Seems like they're just trying to set the current 'policy' in stone, right?  Curious if this ordinance will address edibles, vape carts, etc.  From what I've read previously, the DA won't prosecute those (currently) felonious items so long as they are for personal use.  Just curious if this is going to address that in detail as right now it's anyone's guess as to how it is handled.

I *think* that's right about setting the current policy in stone. From my understanding, up to 4 oz of personal use is more or less decriminalized in Travis County. No idea on the actual language for this election.

45 minutes ago, Jester said:

Curious if this ordinance will address edibles, vape carts, etc.  From what I've read previously, the DA won't prosecute those (currently) felonious items so long as they are for personal use.  

Do you recall where you’ve seen this? The little I’ve read on this subject indicated that the decriminalization policy in Austin only applies to marijuana and not to processed THC aka edibles and carts. I hope you’re right. 

46 minutes ago, Jester said:

So a direct DIA-AUS flight is a pretty safe way to bring home some goodies. Way safer than driving back through West Texas and the land of civil asset forfeiture. 

Over the holidays, we visited relatives in North Texas, Arkansas, and Oklahoma.  I have multiple relatives who have their own growing operations, with a few having "officially" stopped ("too much red tape"), but still quietly growing it.

Holy fuck, the marijuana dispensaries in Oklahoma.  You couldn't go 5-10 minutes down a highway without seeing a billboard about them, including one that proudly proclaimed "We DO smoke marijuana in Muskogee!"  And it seemed like every little town had almost as many pot dispensaries as gas stations. 

It was fucking surreal to see just so many dispensaries, and so much marijuana advertising and related trinkets/t-shirts/etc. for sale in convenience stores, etc.

In Oklahoma.

Tim And Eric Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Over the holidays, we visited relatives in North Texas, Arkansas, and Oklahoma.  I have multiple relatives who have their own growing operations, with a few having "officially" stopped ("too much red tape"), but still quietly growing it.

Holy fuck, the marijuana dispensaries in Oklahoma.  You couldn't go 5-10 minutes down a highway without seeing a billboard about them, including one that proudly proclaimed "We DO smoke marijuana in Muskogee!"  And it seemed like every little town had almost as many pot dispensaries as gas stations. 

It was fucking surreal to see just so many dispensaries, and so much marijuana advertising and related trinkets/t-shirts/etc. for sale in convenience stores, etc.

In Oklahoma.

Tim And Eric Reaction GIF

But do they still roll their joints all wrong? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Foggy Notion said:

Do you recall where you’ve seen this? The little I’ve read on this subject indicated that the decriminalization policy in Austin only applies to marijuana and not to processed THC aka edibles and carts. I hope you’re right. 

From the linked article:

https://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/news/2020-01-24/council-unanimously-votes-to-end-low-level-pot-enforcement/

“The resolution, seemingly at odds with how Manley intends to respond to Council’s request, covers enforcement in all instances of personal use. You could have a pound of pot, two pounds of edibles, or three vape pens on you (all felonies in Texas), but as long as there is no evidence you intend to sell or distribute them, APD should not be taking enforcement action against you.”

I’ve seen it referenced elsewhere and I’m guessing that’s what the latter part of the ordinance addresses by THC testing not being allowed unless authorized way up the chain.  Fingers crossed.  

But until it’s cleared up, carts and whatnot are likely playing with fire to some degree….as ridiculous as that is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

June 2022, Gov Hot Wheels introduces the "Fuck what Austin wants" bill to prevent cities from passing their own cannabis legislation. 

Governor cripple can’t do anything until 2023. Texas only has a legislative session every other year.

3 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Governor cripple can’t do anything until 2023. Texas only has a legislative session every other year.

He can call emergency sessions, but it better be an emergency and not simply taking potshots at Austin at this point, because he'd be pissing off legislators who have better things to do with their time (namely their legal and other business practices that they do when the lege is not in session).

The fact that he didn't call a 4th session about mask/vaccine stuff, no matter how much Dobby is publicly nipping at his wheels, speaks volumes about the mood of the legislature.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

He can call emergency sessions, but it better be an emergency and not simply taking potshots at Austin at this point, because he'd be pissing off legislators who have better things to do with their time (namely their legal and other business practices that they do when the lege is not in session).

The fact that he didn't call a 4th session about mask/vaccine stuff, no matter how much Dobby is publicly nipping at his wheels, speaks volumes about the mood of the legislature.

This kind of thing would never come up during a “special” session.

3 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I like weed. Will you give me money too?  For the record I have as much chance of winning that election as he does.  Actually I probably have a higher chance being a middle aged honkey and all.

How much do you want?

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Texas will be dead last.

Thank God for Mississippi...oh, wait, shit...Kentucky.

Latest map for those keeping score at home:

Map_of_US_state_cannabis_laws.svg

Blue = legal for recreational use

Green = legal for medical use

D = decriminalized

• 1 month later...