So, back to that legalization thing

Longhorn_Fan68

30 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

I hope the folks in New Mexico make a killing off Texans. I am all for anything that makes bathroom Dan, indictment Paxton, and hot wheels Abbott look bad.

texas law enforcement is going to make a killing stopping cars coming back from NM

• Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I hope the folks in New Mexico make a killing off Texans. I am all for anything that makes bathroom Dan, indictment Paxton, and hot wheels Abbott look bad.

I understood that the largest sale spot was Sundland Park, near El Paso. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Under what rationale do we make a fucking plant illegal?

It is a plant. It grows in the ground and it makes flowers that smell nice. 

What is wrong with the brains of people that want to make nature illegal?

Plants are made illegal to protect crops, livestock, and in some cases people. You sound like you want to fight. I have not made my opinion on whether I am for or against legalization public on this forum. You a like a red ass who refuses to hear rational informed discussion. 

What a bunch of horseshit. The bill didn’t get GOP votes because the GOP doesn’t want its members to vote for it. It’s got fuckall to do with the contents of the bill. The GOP doesn’t want a “bipartisan” legalization bill to hit the Senate, so they make absolutely fucking sure it’s a party-line vote. The rest is pure spin nonsense.

On 4/1/2022 at 10:33 PM, Anastasis said:

Of course.  What do you have against plants? 

wrt poppies and coca I think that you have a problem the the post processing and not the plant itself. I don't think that the post processing should be illegal either. I like cooked spinach and don't have a particular fondness for raw.  Asparagus makes my pee pee stink which I find more offensive than most other plants.  

My wife’s grown poppies. A very pretty flower. We don't grow them anymore, and never thought about using them to get high.

13 hours ago, Jim Ed Love said:

No, Fuck you moron.  

User name does not check out. So:

image.jpeg.4880a991a36ccdd7effcabd92a3a100f.jpeg

Edited by Willfully Horn
Grammar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Ed Love said:

Plants are made illegal to protect crops, livestock, and in some cases people. You sound like you want to fight. I have not made my opinion on whether I am for or against legalization public on this forum. You a like a red ass who refuses to hear rational informed discussion. 

There is absolutely nothing rational nor informed about marijuana policy in this country. It's absurdity layered on top of absurdity. But please, let's discuss livestock. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Csb - I went to DC last week for work and stopped by a “dispensary”. In order for them to sell me weed, I pay for a “digital print” and they then “gift” me the weed. It makes no sense but I did get this trippy art thingy:

958FCEDF-19F3-4B53-BD6A-1B4FD9860E9D.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Anastasis said:

There is absolutely nothing rational nor informed about marijuana policy in this country. It's absurdity layered on top of absurdity. But please, let's discuss livestock. 

Legalization should help end needless and unnecessary incarceration which has been long overdue. But it stands to create a different public health crisis because marijuana is addictive in the developing brain (https://www.hhs.gov/surgeongeneral/reports-and-publications/addiction-and-substance-misuse/advisory-on-marijuana-use-and-developing-brain/index.html#:~:text=The human brain continues to,decision-making%2C and motivation.).

With our poor performance as a nation when it comes to addressing substance abuse especially in children and adolescents, this will create problems down the road and quite possibly sooner than imagined. In short, the absurdity will continue. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jim Ed Love said:

Any argument to keep cannabis illegal is neither rational nor informed.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

On 4/1/2022 at 10:46 PM, Jim Ed Love said:

Lets plant poison ivy, poison oak, bullnettle,nightshade,and hemlock in ever street, flower pot and backyard. Noxious plants are controlled by law all over the world.

Where is poison Ivy illegal?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Serak The Preparer said:

Hah, I just looked this up after reading his post. At least in NYC, it is illegal to grow poison ivy on any property. I don't know how common that legislation is, but it is at least a thing.

Yep, what I have been saying. And for the sake of more discussion------You'll see the same costs and burdens on Medicare/Medicaid as for tobacco smokers. Further, the dope smokers don't smoke filtered smoke - they want all that nasty stuff in their smoke. 

The interesting thing will be seeing how many employers set up their own screening to eliminate the dope smokers from the employment pool. This is already the case in law enforcement, health care, safety-oriented fields (eg, CDL drivers), etc.

There's only so many jobs at the local Starbucks...

• Fuck You 3

35 minutes ago, Jim Ed Love said:

Yep, what I have been saying. And for the sake of more discussion------You'll see the same costs and burdens on Medicare/Medicaid as for tobacco smokers. Further, the dope smokers don't smoke filtered smoke - they want all that nasty stuff in their smoke. 

I spent decades many years living in Amsterdam. I don't believe that dope smokers want all that nasty stuff in their smoke. They'd much rather eat it or vape a clean product. Unfortunately, US laws make it far more likely that they buy nasty smokable stuff.

• Hook 'Em 4

The interesting thing will be seeing how many employers set up their own screening to eliminate the dope smokers from the employment pool. This is already the case in law enforcement, health care, safety-oriented fields (eg, CDL drivers), etc.

Ok Boomer. 

Dope smokers? You sound incredibly old

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Caponata said:

Didn't Biden fire his staffers for admitting to using marijuana? Federal legalization seems won't happen with boomers in charge. 

I feel totally confident in saying that Biden will be the last Democratic president who doesn’t like marijuana. To win any race as a democrat now you pretty much have to be in support of marijuana reform. Even former prohibitionists like Patrick Kennedy and Connor lamb have fallen into line due to pressure of losing their most recent races.

of course….. the next democratic president might not be until 2032 or something.

Edited by Voldemort86

22 hours ago, Jim Ed Love said:

You sound like you could use a joint.  Lighten up, dipshit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Jim Ed Love said:

You're an idiot. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Jim Ed Love said:

Him Jim'ed, what nasty stuff are you referring to ?  THC is pretty much what reefer addicts want in their smoke.

Love the whole safety angle you got going on there. I mean seriously a CDL driver throwing a few cold PBR's back at the local choke, and puke truck stop for sure isn't dangerous when they hit the road after popping a few adderall to keep em awake....

14 hours ago, Jim Ed Love said:

Lol I’ll laugh at the day law firms start drug testing outside of government work. Thankfully I’ve never had to take a drug test in my life and don’t plan on it.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

Lol I’ll laugh at the day law firms start drug testing outside of government work. Thankfully I’ve never had to take a drug test in my life and don’t plan on it.

Same w/ technical/software firms.  Hell, I got stoned w/ the CEO and CFO of my last company. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

You'll be able to detect them anyway because every craven marijuana user is known to maliciously urinate on everything. They refer to this rampant urge to micturate on their own environment as a "groovy thing to do" and "hip." Mandating tests is unnecessary as they are constantly dousing their surroundings with bodily fluids.

• Haha 4

I know a guy who nearly died from vaping THC cartridges that he bought from a questionable secondary market source. Apparently they were filled with lots of vitamin E, which is like spraying tar into your lungs. It's super sticky and coats your lungs real bad, which reduces your oxygen in-take until you eventually collapse from low O2.  He was in the hospital for months before he recovered. None of that shit happens if it wasn't illegal to manufacture and sell it in Texas. I don't use the stuff, but it's pretty obvious there are lots of social benefits to legalizing it, and imposing some moderate regulations on the production and quality of a product people ingest. 

Edited by Dutchrudder
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chooky said:

You'll be able to detect them anyway because every craven marijuana user is known to maliciously urinate on everything. They refer to this rampant urge to micturate on their own environment as a "groovy thing to do" and "hip." Mandating tests is unnecessary as they are constantly dousing their surroundings with bodily fluids.

Pos rep sent for "micturate" usage.

6 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Pos rep sent for "micturate" usage.

You won't find it so amusing when roving bands of frenzied Chicanos hopped up on "grass" kick down your doors seeking to impregnate all of your kin.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Him Jim'ed, what nasty stuff are you referring to ?  THC is pretty much what reefer addicts want in their smoke.

Love the whole safety angle you got going on there. I mean seriously a CDL driver throwing a few cold PBR's back at the local choke, and puke truck stop for sure isn't dangerous when they hit the road after popping a few adderall to keep em awake....

You just described college. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

"dope smokers," lulz.  Living in a State with real freedoms--as opposed to say, Texas-- I consume cannabis once or twice a week and all without smoking at all. 

The wife will call me a pot head, like it's some kind of insult, and I should be hurt..... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

(CNSNews.com) -- Sen. John Cornyn (R.-Tex.) told CNSNews.com on Wednesday he is “convinced” that cannabis (marijuana) is harmful and we need to conduct “serious studies into the impact” of how it affects women and children.

The House last week passed legislation that would legalize cannabis federally.

At the Capitol on Wednesday, CNSNews.com asked Cornyn: “The House voted last week to legalize cannabis. Do you use cannabis and if not, why not?”

Sen. Cornyn said, “Well, I think it’s premature. We need to have some serious studies into the impact on developing children’s brains and pregnant women and alike.”

“I’m a member of the Senate Drug Caucus and we’ve had hearings from experts who said we just don’t know the answers to a lot of these questions, and the concentration of THC in cannabis today is not what it was just 20 or 40 years ago.”

“So, I think before we—we take an action like the House were to do, we need to get answers to those questions.”

CNS News followed up, “Do you think it’s harmful at all?”

The senator replied, “I’m convinced it is, yes.”

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/washington/emily-robertson/sen-cornyn-im-convinced-pot-harmful-its-premature-legalize-it

5 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

No wonder I had never heard of CNS News.

About US

Under the skillful editorial stewardship of long-time conservative writer Terry Jeffrey, CNSNews has emerged as the conservative media’s linchpin for original reporting and breaking news. 

karl pilkington bullshit GIF

it's just so dumb that weed is still illegal, officially. x-posting this from the 'high' thread. learned about these guys over the weekend. basically a group of lawyers selling weed out in the open and telling law enforcement to get fucked. kinda interesting.

at what point do so many people ignore a law that it loses all its influence? seems like we're there now with weed prohibition

https://www.atxbudtenders.com/

• 2 months later...

I don't know man, but I've had a "few" years of experience with MJ and have never heard of this...

“Scromiting,” the New Panic Over Weed, Is Actually a Real Thing (msn.com)

“Legalising pot seems like a common-sense policy but in fact, it’s a public health disaster that the MJ industry is doing its darnedest to cover up,” the author of the piece wrote, citing the rise of “scromiting” as a concern.

33 minutes ago, Matuka said:

I don't know man, but I've had a "few" years of experience with MJ and have never heard of this...

“Scromiting,” the New Panic Over Weed, Is Actually a Real Thing (msn.com)

“Legalising pot seems like a common-sense policy but in fact, it’s a public health disaster that the MJ industry is doing its darnedest to cover up,” the author of the piece wrote, citing the rise of “scromiting” as a concern.

Seems like a good way to shed the munchies weight. Where's the problem?