Texas Tribune Donor Emails Drop

immamac

• immamac pinned and featured this topic
7 minutes ago, immamac said:

For your reading pleasure. 

why is my avatar in the original post?  Or does everybody else see their own avatar when the immamac thread starter comes up?  It's my first song-based scandal.  

Just now, Tex Pete said:

Can’t really say that I care much. Wanting to get rid of The Eyes was a stupid idea, and people were rightfully pissed off. 

Publishing the emails of people who expressed their opinions in good faith (and absent racism)? Meh. 

There are more than a few that are definitely not in good faith and a lot that didn't even make it into the Texas Tribune article.

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, Lobo said:

why is my avatar in the original post?  Or does everybody else see their own avatar when the immamac thread starter comes up?  It's my first song-based scandal.  

I see my avatar, not yours. I think we all get our own donor emails!!!

You get a donor email.  

You get a donor email!

Errrrybody get a donor email! 

Not making a judgement on the character and tolerance of the people that wrote these, I just want to see how many stupid people on the list I know.  

Dude, I had a moment in 2005/06.  You shoulda seen it, 'twas glorious.  

Then I donated $100 to the LHF, sent a few emails, and it all went to shit. 

A lot of text is blacked out. The first couple that I read that weren't blacked out seemed pretty innocuous and reasonable for being on the "keep the song" side.

Why am I getting the feeling that the worst ones were the ones that were already publicized?

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

A lot of text is blacked out. The first couple that I read that weren't blacked out seemed pretty innocuous and reasonable for being on the "keep the song" side.

Why am I getting the feeling that the worst ones were the ones that were already publicized?

There's a lot of (if absolutely nothing else) amusingly stupid ones. Someone compared it to the Taliban destroying ancient religious symbols.

Going through these is exhausting. I feel like I should be getting paid. 

Here is someone laying into CDC about Herman and the product on the field, thought y'all might enjoy:

Screenshot_20210316-184555_Drive.thumb.jpg.aab6a349d12894ec31e31e8573d0c676.jpg

Here are a couple rewrites (personally I think OU would have a field day with the first one, maybe both):

Screenshot_20210316-184418_Drive.thumb.jpg.60a49009d6ed15f8190e129890837d73.jpg

Screenshot_20210316-185130_Drive.thumb.jpg.3460b59b2f155e4a2760a19021d6253c.jpg

I haven't found anything nearly as racist as the "leaked" ones that made it to Twitter. Someone said some stupid predictable shit like "all of us Americans - black, blue, green and yellow!" and closed with something about #alllivesmatter.

I'm sticking by my claim that the Tribune intentionally leaked the worst ones and then knowingly (misleadingly) claimed OH TRUST US THERE ARE PLENTY MORE JUST LIKE THIS!

You can definitely find some similar sentiments but I haven't come across anything more or as explicitly concerning. Granted I only got through about a third of that first file. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 6

25 minutes ago, gordogg24p said:

image.png.8fbe1ef0c9ae9a4fb5b66eb16d47a88f.png

"Blacks shouldn't be pandered to"

So Chris is the SEO Director for "Promote Your Website, LLC", but I can't find their website through Google :(

Edit: Found a link through their D&B listing, and it looks like their website got stuck in 1997.

image.thumb.png.16b1eb2043869d4d41ea07e20d495ac5.png

Edited by OU Sucks