Texas Tribune Donor Emails Drop

immamac

I for one object and I believe my voice to be at least equal to those whose education is traded for substandard athletic skills. Lest you think I am but another MAGA Trumper, I can assure I am not. But even old liberal UT Democrats tire of the stupid demands of a bunch of ignorant children. Release them from their scholarships now so that they may go somewhere they will not be offended by the traditions of UT and UT will not be offended by their childish rants. Please.

Sincerely, Page 1 3/6/2021

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Yeah, just a cursory look---most were polite and borderline insightful.  But there's some straight up fucking assholes in that mix and I really don't like how many of them played up their UT and/or Texas-Exes credentials.  The development teams and scholarship committees and Division of Diversity & Community Engagement and a dozen other offices on campus are gonna need weeks to unpack this  and then figure out what, if anything, to do with the new information.  This isn't the kinda shit we need to focus on, but if you don't think we're gonna focus on it---you're insane.  

In hindsight, I could have picked a better year to email the President with, "Here's $37, where the white women at?"  

27 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

So Chris is the SEO Director for "Promote Your Website, LLC", but I can't find their website through Google :(

Edit: Found a link through their D&B listing, and it looks like their website got stuck in 1997.

image.thumb.png.16b1eb2043869d4d41ea07e20d495ac5.png

What's going on in the photo under "Web Site Marketing?"  Looks like someone is picking someone's brain or that ear wax ad I keep seeing.

🤣

August 13, 2020 Jay Hartzell, President University of Texas at Austin

THE BLOOD WILL BE ON YOUR HANDS! We cannot express how disgusted and disappointed we are in the decision to continue Fall athletics against ALL scientific evidence and the dangers to the student athletes themselves. There is much unknown about the Coronavirus and subsequent complications but the latest report regarding athletes developing viral cardiomyopathy, a career ending and potentially life ending complication to the heart. I am a Family Physician in rural Texas, the only Physician in our area doing Coronavirus testing (~600 tests so far) and am the only Physician providing outpatient care for patients afflicted with COVID-19 I have seen first hand the ravages of the disease. I realize there are pressures to have a season. Financial Pressures—The coronavirus has affected us ALL financially but no life is worth the cost. Political Pressure—If you are bending to pressure from the White House, the Governor or other politically motivated Ex Students…there will be a special place for you in the afterlife. ... If you insist on continuing with fall athletics, WE REQUIRE A REFUND OF OUR LONGHORN FOUNDATION DONATION AND THE PRICE OF OUR TICKETS AND PARKING FEES. Our family has donated to the University for five decades and this is by far the most reckless and dangerous decision the University has made. We also require the refund for our contribution 1729....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

🤣

August 13, 2020 Jay Hartzell, President University of Texas at Austin

THE BLOOD WILL BE ON YOUR HANDS! We cannot express how disgusted and disappointed we are in the decision to continue Fall athletics against ALL scientific evidence and the dangers to the student athletes themselves. There is much unknown about the Coronavirus and subsequent complications but the latest report regarding athletes developing viral cardiomyopathy, a career ending and potentially life ending complication to the heart. I am a Family Physician in rural Texas, the only Physician in our area doing Coronavirus testing (~600 tests so far) and am the only Physician providing outpatient care for patients afflicted with COVID-19 I have seen first hand the ravages of the disease. I realize there are pressures to have a season. Financial Pressures—The coronavirus has affected us ALL financially but no life is worth the cost. Political Pressure—If you are bending to pressure from the White House, the Governor or other politically motivated Ex Students…there will be a special place for you in the afterlife. ... If you insist on continuing with fall athletics, WE REQUIRE A REFUND OF OUR LONGHORN FOUNDATION DONATION AND THE PRICE OF OUR TICKETS AND PARKING FEES. Our family has donated to the University for five decades and this is by far the most reckless and dangerous decision the University has made. We also require the refund for our contribution 1729....

EBA52701-C773-4051-BEC8-ACA256951CAA.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The only thing I would rather do less than read, is to figure out how to download a file packed with Russian super-viruses. Can someone break this down for me in a 20 second elevator pitch? What is happening to our country? I just want the troops to kill everyone and come home. That is why I sing the Eyes of Texas to every non-English speaking stripper in San Antonio. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Going through these is exhausting. I feel like I should be getting paid. 

Here is someone laying into CDC about Herman and the product on the field, thought y'all might enjoy:

Screenshot_20210316-184555_Drive.thumb.jpg.aab6a349d12894ec31e31e8573d0c676.jpg

Here are a couple rewrites (personally I think OU would have a field day with the first one, maybe both):

Screenshot_20210316-184418_Drive.thumb.jpg.60a49009d6ed15f8190e129890837d73.jpg

Screenshot_20210316-185130_Drive.thumb.jpg.3460b59b2f155e4a2760a19021d6253c.jpg

I haven't found anything nearly as racist as the "leaked" ones that made it to Twitter. Someone said some stupid predictable shit like "all of us Americans - black, blue, green and yellow!" and closed with something about #alllivesmatter.

I'm sticking by my claim that the Tribune intentionally leaked the worst ones and then knowingly (misleadingly) claimed OH TRUST US THERE ARE PLENTY MORE JUST LIKE THIS!

You can definitely find some similar sentiments but I haven't come across anything more or as explicitly concerning. Granted I only got through about a third of that first file. 

That’s the first time I heard that UGA had seven NFL prospects sit out. News to me. I only remember their CB, Baker.

Either way, fuck TH.

My friends call it a “deranged screed”, several batches of restraining orders call it an “unhinged manifesto,” but I call it my magnum opus: last summer I may have sent in a small 250 page excerpt from an informational document highlighting some of the more compelling reasons for some badly needed uniform updates (the usual suspects — capes, shoes with glitter spurs, and bigger Nike logos). I hope this thread doesn’t doxx me, but I guess greater visibility for my ideas would be welcomed.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

I guess I don’t get it. These emails aren’t funny, entertaining, and from what I can tell it’s just a bunch of upset donors. Nobody’s shit is on blast.  What’s the point here?

Some of these emails are very funny.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

These emails have been the funniest shit I've read all day.

If you don't think someone writing in with their concerns about anti-semitism and then ending their post with the year in which they earned their accounting degree is funny then Mel Brooks failed this country. 

I will admit it feels a little voyeuristic. Someone that I know (at least, I know who they are) came up in the first few hundred pages 

• Hook 'Em 4

I like how it says "Congratulations from Salt Lake City!"  and then they black out where he says, "If you find yourself visiting"

Obviously it was some mention of Provo, Spain.  

And a bold move for a man in Salt Lake City to ask someone out for caffeine.  I've always had an easier time finding beer/wine in Utah than coffee.