Story without a Happy Ending

Dr. Teeth

"Fuck the CCP" does not equal racism. I'm one of a handful of posters on this board who has spent significant time in China. The Chinese, like most people on the planet, are awesome. Their government sucks ass. If you can't separate our anger over the way their government fucked the world over by exposing and then covering up a massive catastrophe without calling it racism, then there's no reasoning with you.

Says the guy who posted “nuke China” innumerable times last year. GTFO.

Pretty much this.

It's a good thing twitter and social media wasn't around on 9-11 - that sense of national unity, when we really put country above politics for a few days at least?  

Yeah, that would have never happened in a social media world.

Instead, it's a complete rush to judgement based solely on skin color.  Identity politics at its worst - as this thread demonstrates...

• Hook 'Em 1

I was just thinking this thread was one angry white guy with a victim complex away from a quorom, and then, like mana from heaven, look who shows up! We've just about got the whole gang of people who are very sensitive that they and people like them keep unfairly being called racist here. 

Edited by BradInATX

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

Pretty much this.

It's a good thing twitter and social media wasn't around on 9-11 - that sense of national unity, when we really put country above politics for a few days at least?  

Yeah, that would have never happened in a social media world.

Instead, it's a complete rush to judgement based solely on skin color.  Identity politics at its worst - as this thread demonstrates...

I agree. We should stop the race hot takes, unite together and end the mass violence events by passing sensible gun control regulations 

• Hook 'Em 4

6 hours ago, BradInATX said:

I was just thinking this thread was one angry white guy with a victim complex away from a quorom, and then, like mana from heaven, look who shows up! We've just about got the whole gang of people who are very sensitive that they and people like them keep unfairly being called racist here. 

look how triggered you are

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Saying China (the state, leaders and political entity) sucks is not equivalent to being anti-Asian American or racist against Asian people.

What a weird equivalency to draw.

If a European came on this board and posted "America Sucks", most everyone here would rightly tell them to fuck off. And we wouldn't be analyzing the nuance of the "America Sucks" statement and thinking "well, maybe he just meant our government sucks which is pretty true", we'd be neg-bombing them off the board in bipartisan fashion. Just look at Wanker Bob's thread, where he is rightfully getting lit up.

The statement that's been made repeatedly, including by me, is "China Sucks". I don't know that it's racist, but it's inflammatory and xenophobic. I know that the hillbillies here live their lives saying and doing offensive and racist shit and then throwing temper tantrums when called on it, but I know you're more nuanced than that based off of what I've seen you post.

C'mon dude, "China Sucks" is offensive. And I said it myself in the DT Covid thread, verbatim. It's alright to learn - bolverk's post specifically made me realize that yeah, it's kinda offensive.

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

If a European came on this board and posted "America Sucks", most everyone here would rightly tell them to fuck off. And we wouldn't be analyzing the nuance of the "America Sucks" statement and thinking "well, maybe he just meant our government sucks which is pretty true", we'd be neg-bombing them off the board in bipartisan fashion. Just look at Wanker Bob's thread, where he is rightfully getting lit up.

The statement that's been made repeatedly, including by me, is "China Sucks". I don't know that it's racist, but it's inflammatory and xenophobic. I know that the hillbillies here live their lives saying and doing offensive and racist shit and then throwing temper tantrums when called on it, but I know you're more nuanced than that based off of what I've seen you post.

C'mon dude, "China Sucks" is offensive. And I said it myself in the DT Covid thread, verbatim. It's alright to learn - bolverk's post specifically made me realize that yeah, it's kinda offensive.

Lighten up Francis.  It's a fucking message board.  We say more inflammatory and derogative shit against our own players are staff during the season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Lighten up Francis.  It's a fucking message board.  We say more inflammatory and derogative shit against our own players are staff during the season. 

"Lighten up, it was just a joke" is pretty much the standard defense when people get called on saying racist shit, not just on message boards.

I'm not tripping about it. Like I said, I personally said "China sucks". But we can and should do better.

17 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

He's just reading back over his favorite bedtime reading material by that hack Robin DiAngelo

I have no idea who that is. Assuming it's some sort of political author that makes you uncomfortable, though.

The last political book I read was a Howard Zinn book probably six years ago.

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

i don't really give a shit about any of that, but they're eating our fucking lunch on a global scale. if you think 'china sucks', it will take a significant amount of mental gymnastics to explain why they are rapidly taking the throne of the world's dominant superpower.

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

i don't really give a shit about any of that, but they're eating our fucking lunch on a global scale. if you think 'china sucks', it will take a significant amount of mental gymnastics to explain why they are rapidly taking the throne of the world's dominant superpower.

Practical slave labor and having no respect for other countries' sovereignity or IP laws certainly makes it easier.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

"Lighten up, it was just a joke" is pretty much the standard defense when people get called on saying racist shit, not just on message boards.

I'm not tripping about it. Like I said, I personally said "China sucks". But we can and should do better.

100% chance Brad was a hall monitor in elementary school. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I bet I am happier than your typical person living in China.

30 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

OU sucks, even when they are a dominant college football team and when they were winning big, nationally relevant games.

Sucking isn't tied to OKR's or MBO's or KPI's. You can suck as a person and still be effective. Case in point, you probably think I suck and I just tore down your argument in one sentence.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, huge said:

I bet I am happier than your typical person living in China.

You’d be surprised. Their increase in standard of living has skyrocketed in the past 50yrs while ours has more or less plateaued. Lots of people are modernizing and despite problems feel the reward is worth it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Guy with history jerking off in salons and no history of anti-Asian (or other) racism , drives 30 miles to shoot up salons, and apparently 100mi+ to another state to do the same... because apparently he couldnt find more Asians elsewhere in a metropolitan area of 6 million people. 

"If you dont think he killed them because of their race, you are a racist"

Long term anti-Asian hate crime grows at 1/3rd the rate of all recorded hate crime, and same rate as against racial-majority whites. 

"If you dont think there is Asian-specific crime epidemic caused by the ex president, you are a racist"

Somebody tell us, was baby brad dropped on his head by accident, or by intention?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Maybe it's just me, but I can't fathom how you can be aware of China and who they are and what they do and not come to the conclusion that they by and large suck. There is enough suckage for everyone to get a piece:

Generally: Ughyr genocides.

What about Huawai and spying? That do anything for you?

No, okay, because that's par for the course in business and you don't care because you are a cut-throat business guy? Okay how about the detaining and silencing and control of all business and business leaders (see: Jack Ma).

Does nothing for you because you are a hippie? Two words: Dalai Lama. They crapped all over Tibet and I read an article about how they have the second in command (Panchen Lama) kidnapped and a fake one on their payroll in order to announce a new, state-sponsored and approved Dalai Lama once this one passes away.

Too trivial to matter? How about the APAC geopolitics and propping up of North Korea and helping with Nuclear weapons all these years? All the shadow funding and dark money to all our political rivals and enemies?

Geopolitics too 50,000 foot of a view for you? How about the barbaric and disgusting cultural practices of wet markets which give rise to a new strain of viral pandemic every 10-15. years, with the latest being one of the worst pandemics since the Spanish Flu and the impetus for untold loss of lives-- and how nothing changes because wet markets were back in business months after the initial spread?

These are just the tip of the iceberg, but there is something for everyone on the "China* (*the sovereign state CCP) Sucks" train.

And if your counterpoint is "Well America sucks too and let me outline it for you" you can save it because I'm not arguing against you saying that. Say it, scream it all you want, I don't care. What you eat doesn't make me defecate, and if you want to say America sucks because Trump was President or because Biden is President or whatever your stance, go for it. 1) saying that is fine as it's your opinion and b) saying America Sucks (in your opinion) is not racist at all. 

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Maybe it's just me, but I can't fathom how you can be aware of China and who they are and what they do and not come to the conclusion that they by and large suck. There is enough suckage for everyone to get a piece:

Generally: Ughyr genocides.

What about Huawai and spying? That do anything for you?

No, okay, because that's par for the course in business and you don't care because you are a cut-throat business guy? Okay how about the detaining and silencing and control of all business and business leaders (see: Jack Ma).

Does nothing for you because you are a hippie? Two words: Dalai Lama. They crapped all over Tibet and I read an article about how they have the second in command (Panchen Lama) kidnapped and a fake one on their payroll in order to announce a new, state-sponsored and approved Dalai Lama once this one passes away.

Too trivial to matter? How about the APAC geopolitics and propping up of North Korea and helping with Nuclear weapons all these years? All the shadow funding and dark money to all our political rivals and enemies?

Geopolitics too 50,000 foot of a view for you? How about the barbaric and disgusting cultural practices of wet markets which give rise to a new strain of viral pandemic every 10-15. years, with the latest being one of the worst pandemics since the Spanish Flu and the impetus for untold loss of lives-- and how nothing changes because wet markets were back in business months after the initial spread?

These are just the tip of the iceberg, but there is something for everyone on the "China* (*the sovereign state CCP) Sucks" train.

And if your counterpoint is "Well America sucks too and let me outline it for you" you can save it because I'm not arguing against you saying that. Say it, scream it all you want, I don't care. What you eat doesn't make me defecate, and if you want to say America sucks because Trump was President or because Biden is President or whatever your stance, go for it. 1) saying that is fine as it's your opinion and b) saying America Sucks (in your opinion) is not racist at all. 

I think you missed my point entirely. 

1 minute ago, DonkeyCigars said:

In that case, apologies, and I'll go back and reread and see where I whiffed.

I'll explain, no need to be mysterious. I agree with everything you said. I'm just saying that I agree with the general concept that the statement "China sucks" is a xenophobic statement, even if that isn't the intent of it. "The Chinese government and general business environment sucks" is more than fair.

Edited by BradInATX

10 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I'll explain, no need to be mysterious. I agree with everything you said. I'm just saying that I agree with the general concept that the statement "China sucks" is a xenophobic statement, even if that isn't the intent of it. "The Chinese government and general business environment sucks" is more than fair.

I respectfully disagree with the bolded and have not seen an argument in it's favor that makes sense to me.

However, because apparently some of you people believe this, I don't mind adding some qualifying language and instead will not say "China Sucks"  but "China, the CCP/the state of China Sucks"

53 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

OU sucks, even when they are a dominant college football team and when they were winning big, nationally relevant games.

Sucking isn't tied to OKR's or MBO's or KPI's. You can suck as a person and still be effective. Case in point, you probably think I suck and I just tore down your argument in one sentence.

spacer.png

48 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I respectfully disagree with the bolded and have not seen an argument in it's favor that makes sense to me.

However, because apparently some of you people believe this, I don't mind adding some qualifying language and instead will not say "China Sucks"  but "China, the CCP/the state of China Sucks"

It's picking nits. but I'd find it offensive if I were Chinese just like I'd find it offensive if some European came up to me and said "America sucks!".  

49 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

you think the majority of people who hear you say "china sucks" take the time to distinguish between the government or everything inherently chinese? no. that's why it's important to 1.)  not say it 2.)  be specific about what you have issues with.  otherwise you're adding to the problem.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

It's picking nits. but I'd find it offensive if I were Chinese just like I'd find it offensive if some European came up to me and said "America sucks!".  

Okay sure, Chinese people can be offended because they have or choose to live there and might have some national pride. Ostensibly Chinese-Americans have diaspora'ed because they also realize China (the state, not themselves) sucks. But again, in an overabundance of political correctness and caution, I can see how the most gracious and gentlemanly thing to do would be to add a qualifier for those who would be offended.

China (CCP, the political entity) Sucks Balls and is the worst. Better?