Story without a Happy Ending

Dr. Teeth

2 hours ago, Enchubben said:

I really don’t know the answer to this, but in the US is there precedent for multiple murderers (not minors) to be let out of prison? I just assumed this dude was getting the needle or life.

Yes, the average single homicide convict in the United States serves about 15-16 years.  There are a dozen other factors like how the victim was killed (torture, kidnapping, minor children, etc. being involved).  And then if you are convicted of multiple homicides, the number of years served jumps up considerably.  But it's not like you automatically serve 15 years for each additional victim.  

It's hard to gauge how long mass shooters serve in prison because they're a relatively recent phenomenon in the judicial sense (about 40 years is a short period of time in terms of case precedence.  No offense to Whitman victims.).  But also because most mass shooters die at the scene or in an attempted flee.  There's only a handful of them rotting away right now, many leaning on mental illness claims to soften their punishment via counsel.  There's a chance the jury buys this kid's story when reviewing sentencing guideline charges from the Judge and only gives him 50 years...in which case he can be out in 20. 

I think there's a better chance he gets lethal injection in year 20 instead of being released, but this is Georgia---the state that didn't bother arresting those two fuckstick murderers to kill Arbery while jogging for several months. 

• 1 month later...
Guest Lobo

Seems a bit harsh for a kid having a bad day and just trying to rid himself of non-racist urges.  

Can we laugh that a guy who liked nether-region massages by minorities is gonna be put to death by a woman of color named Fani?  

It may not be funny now, but wait until the paralyzing agent is pulsing through his veins, and we get to remember how he didn't mean to target Asian woman...it was just a happy ending to a weird coincidence. 

Let him be remembered though.  He will be remembered as the start to the last chapter in a very dark part of American history.   

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I don’t disagree, and think that cocksucker should be put to death. But that’s a pretty bad look.  You either believe in it or you don’t.   

This.

What did the DA think when she was campaigning?  That non-violent drug offenders were given the death penalty?

I mean, this isn't Texarkana...

Edited by Message Board User

I don’t disagree, and think that cocksucker should be put to death. But that’s a pretty bad look.  You either believe in it or you don’t.   

This.

I am anti-death penalty....even though I damned we’ll know there are plenty of people who deserve to die. I just don’t think the state should be in that business, for all the reasons. No matter how awful the criminal is....that’s the point.

She’s a hypocrite.

• 2 months later...

Guilty Plea in 4 Atlanta-Area Spa Killings
The suspect, Robert Aaron Long, also faces four murder charges in a neighboring county, where the prosecutor is seeking the death penalty.

CANTON, Ga. — The man accused of killing eight people at a string of Atlanta-area spas pleaded guilty on Tuesday to four counts of murder in suburban Cherokee County and will face four consecutive life sentences without the possibility of parole plus 35 years in prison. But the man, Robert Aaron Long, still faces four other murder charges in nearby Fulton County, where the prosecutor is seeking the death penalty.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/27/us/spa-shooting-robert-long-charges.html

I'm no criminal attorney, but 4 consecutive life sentences plus 35 years with no parole suggests to me that the Judge did not buy the "having a bad day, trying to resist sex addiction temptations" bullshit.  I thought after pleading guilty and not dragging the process out at trial with bullshit mental illness claims, Judge may have been a bit more lenient on him.  But sounds like he's going to die in prison.