King of the Hill returning with all new episodes

atomheartbevo

https://www.techradar.com/news/animated-sitcom-king-of-the-hill-is-close-to-a-revival

Animated sitcom King of the Hill sounds like it's close to coming back from the dead, according to writer Brent Forrester. In an AMA on Reddit, Forrester said that creators Greg Daniels and Mike Judge are in "hot negotiations" to bring the Fox series back, with all the characters aging up by 15 years. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Apep said:

Not sure if it would work. The characters are generally too intelligent for our current era.

We know Dale would be full-on Qanon.  

That would be an extremely entertaining subplot in and of itself.

And in thinking about it, conspiracy-driven Dale from 15-20 years ago looks absolutely reasonable compared to the qanon crowd.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

Interesting. Has an animated series ever aged its characters for a return run?

Does Rugrats count?  They went through a couple of return runs where the kids were in junior high/high school.

SpongeBob SquarePants went the other way, and has de-aged their characters.

that shit goes both ways. my ex’s mom has lived in san antonio for a quarter century and speaks barely any english at all. 
My wife has aunts and uncles in houston who after 50+ years still can't speak or understand English.
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

We know Dale would be full-on Qanon.  

That would be an extremely entertaining subplot in and of itself.

And in thinking about it, conspiracy-driven Dale from 15-20 years ago looks absolutely reasonable compared to the qanon crowd.

Yes, Dale would be 100% Qanon.

I could see Hank hating Donald Trump.  He's such an old school Texas Republican.  Watching those 2 go at it would be beyond hilarious. 

38 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

This needs to happen. Mike Judge is too damn talented to not make this amaze-balls.

I need something after Silicon Valley.

But Mike Judge is also working on a new Beavis and Butthead series, 2 seasons so far, coming out later this year, as well as a new Beavis and Butthead movie.  So his throat better be insured.  

18 hours ago, gsoda3 said:
19 hours ago, futureman said:
that shit goes both ways. my ex’s mom has lived in san antonio for a quarter century and speaks barely any english at all. 

My wife has aunts and uncles in houston who after 50+ years still can't speak or understand English.

And English is their first language!

Hallelujah!  My bride and daughter had a ritual of watching KOTH at 10:30 after the news and I mean every night.  They would not miss it if it's done my Mike Judge.  Can you imagine Hank postulating on the Cowboys and how Tom Landry wouldn't approve of this and that?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/17/2021 at 5:59 PM, Vito Andolini said:

Please, please please let Hank be a widow. Sorry, Kathy Najimy, I’m sure you’re a nice person and only reading the lines given you. I hope you have original King of the Hill, Sister Act and Veep money to rely on. 

Escuchame?

Also, Kahn has to be driving for Uber to afford country club dues to get in good with Shane Wassanassan's dad.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/17/2021 at 4:59 PM, Vito Andolini said:

Please, please please let Hank be a widow. Sorry, Kathy Najimy, I’m sure you’re a nice person and only reading the lines given you. I hope you have original King of the Hill, Sister Act and Veep money to rely on. 

Sorry no. No Peggy, no dice 

• Hook 'Em 4

44 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So that’s how it is in your family...

Beyond the Ferris Bueller angle, I’m reminded of Bill Hicks on a Rodney Dangerfield special.

• This redneck comes up to me and says "You were real funny, I was about to shit!" "Well, I'm glad I reached you." "Come here", he says "I want you to meet my wife and sister!" And there's one woman standing there...